Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Legend of zelda vs Mario

Lankman

Legend of zelda vs Mario  

22 users have voted

1. 1. Which is better

• Mario
    • Legend of zelda

I love both franchises, but Super Mario games occupy my favorite gaming genre and mean a bit more to me overall.  Super Mario Bros. / Duck Hunt was the first video game I ever played, SMB3 is my fave classic game, and there are more Mario titles on my top 10 or 20 gaming list than Zeldas (though there are definitely Zeldas, too).

• Brohoof 1

Pretty different games to compare

Anyway, I vote for Zelda, I kinda lost interest in the Mario series while I always look forward to the next Zelda 

Legend of Zelda >>>>> Mario. Honestly, the only Mario games I even like are the spin-off, sporty ones or the RPG ones: like golf and kart and of course Paper Mario. The platformers on the other hand? Can't stand them.

Now, LoZ is pretty good. I've not been super interested in them anymore but it still catches my attention. Not very high on my favorite series list anymore, I probably won't play another Zelda game for quite a while actually, but I still like Legend of Zelda more than Mario. 

Zelda is my favorite video game franchise of all time. So yeah. Mario's fun, but more of a small time waster IMO. I like investing time in games.

I've never been really into the Mario franchise, though I love Bowser and King Boo! :wub:

I just recently started really liking Zelda, with Ocarina of Time and Link Between Worlds being remade. I hadn't really been introduced to Zelda before these most recent ones, and I would love to go back and play some of the older games! :muffins:

Another Nintendo topic! YE~

As much as I love classic Mario and how I grew up with it, Legend of Zelda is just purely brilliant. Music, characters, cultures meshed together, the sense of adventure, you can't get a better game franchise in my opinion. 

• 1 month later...

Legend of Zelda because the quality of story of the games are great.

But Mario is just FUN, and has not died from anything, while LoZ is now not that popular, the franchise has probbaly died.

So I'll go with Mario, just because it was my childhood. most of the Zelda games bored me.

Also, just to put it:

Bowser > Ganon

Definitely Legend of Zelda. Those games are so much fun with the puzzles and action as well as the good stories too. 

However Mario Kart is very fun as we XD

Edited by AnonBrony

that's a very hard one Legends of Zelda is about problem solving and using little information or hints to find a temple and defeat a boss as for Super Mario Bros its side scrolling and having to jump at the right time 

I would say both I'm a big fan of both series

I haven't played Mario past Mario 64, although the new games look fun. I never could finish Zelda 2. I never got into the other Zelda games, mostly because I don't have time. And I can't casually play a game, I have to get the walkthroughs and really get into it. The Zelda games seemed like too much of a commitment for my time.

The problem with Zelda, from what I understand, is that the games aren't related to each other, other than a few 2-parters here and there. So one game has nothing to do with another. They are essentially reboot after reboot, while the games seem too serious for that to make sense.

The Mario games, on the other hand, are light hearted and non serious, so you don't think about continuity issues. The games seem easier to play casually.

I think both are pretty even, but I've played a heck of a lot more Mario than I have with the Legend of Zelda. Super Mario World was the first game I ever played when I was a kid so it also carries more nostalgia for me personally. I've loved every Mario game I've ever played, including the frequently bullied Super Mario Sunshine. It might even be one of my favourites.

The one thing I don't really like about the series is the new super mario bros because of the 2.5D. If it was stylized 2D or full 3D like Super Mario 3D World, I could get behind it. Something just irks me about the graphics in that series.