Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Generation Do You Think Is Worst?

Lunar Glow

none because I'm a G3 Brony as well so I don't hate on other Gen's because somepony in this world like that gen it feels hypercritical if I tell people not to hate on G3 and I hate on G2 or G1 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Obviously G3, outside of the reasons everyone's already listed the true testament to it's failure is the fact it doesn't have a real fanbase, sure there's people who enjoy out of nostalgia but nopony really appreciates the content G3 had to offer(probably because there was nothing to appreciate in the first place).

• 7 months later...

Well everyone here hates G3 but I dare say it is my favourite generation ever! I haven't finish watching G1 yet and never watched G2, so I'll say that G4 is the worst! Hate me all you want but I don't care....

P.s: Please tell me if that was too rude and harsh... I will fix it... But that was my honest opinion....

• Brohoof 1

Now that I've experienced all of the generations, I don't really want to say one is the 'worst'. In terms of toys G4 and G3.5 are the poorest. In terms of toy designs (not variety or quality) I really don't like G2. And G2 doesn't have a cartoon series, so it really tends to be my least favorite overall.

On the flipside, G4 is my favorite for its animation, while G3 is my favorite for toys. G1 sits in the middle, because it has quality toys and a couple of cartoon series that, while being very dated, have their charm and are fun.

• Brohoof 2

• 11 months later...

Gen 3.5 is the epitome of giving MLP a bad reputation before. The animation style was god awful, all of the characters were as interesting as planks of wood, the voice acting was cringe inducing, and it just screamed low quality. Gen 4 actually has feeling and heart put into it, Gen 3.5 had no soul whatsoever. 

If I were the religious type, I would be tempted to believe that Gen 3.5 was an idea crafted by the dark lord himself. XD

• Brohoof 2

I would have to say G3. Bad animation, waaaay to much girly-girl stuff, and bad plots. But I wanna hear from you guys, so forum away!  :)

Well, mlp is a show for girly girls. lol don't forget that we were not originally a target audience back in gen 3.

Generation 3 and even G3.5 was plain weird and disturbing. I've seen a few episodes from each generation, and I could finally say that nothing in this world will scare me as much as "they" do.

Best to Worst:

G1-Best for show and toys. When it comes to variety, locations, beauty, species both pony and non-pony, fantasy, villains and adventure, the 80s ponies cannot be beat.

G3-Second best for toys, show is okay.

G4-A nice comeback of what the show used to be, the toys are sucky in terms of variety and QC however.

G2-I dunno enough about it to judge either way.

Tales-I still have a soft spot for Tales, but did not enjoy revisiting it. We didn't get the toys in the states, but I would love to own Clover and Bon Bon and I'm bummed that we never got Lancer, Teddy and Ace.

Equestria Girls-Pure awfulness and the second worst IMPO. I understand they were jumping on the success of Monster High and Ever After, but this is My Little Pony, not Barbie. No offense to fans of EQG.

G3.5 Worst toys and show. No offense meant to fans.

Edited by Leave a Whisper

• 5 weeks later...

I would say G 3.5 is the worst.

Apart from having like 1 good Movie, everything else was just weird and very difficult to watch.

There isnt much to it. Every Other Generation has more to offer.

Yeah i know, G2 has only a Video Game but i really liked that Video game and the G 3.5 shorts were just to bad for any Place higher than the last.

• Brohoof 3

I would have to say G3. Bad animation, waaaay to much girly-girl stuff, and bad plots. But I wanna hear from you guys, so forum away!  :)

Hi, as we have recently created a past generations board, this discussion has been moved there.
  • Brohoof 1

I'd have to agree with G3.5. It took everything that made G3 bad worse, from the shallow characters to the general lack of conflict. There's not really much more to it than it being a generic girls show that does nothing but pander real hard to little girls.

• Brohoof 2

I'd say G3.5 because the characters looked really uncanny in my opinion and the show wasn't exactly entertaining to watch either.

(edited)

I would have to say generations 3 and 3.5, but 3.5 more due to they are just creepy :blink: , but generation 3 and 3.5 really lacked in my opinion there was no real adventures, nothing bad ever happened I mean maybe a misplaced star here and there, but other then that there was no real danger and everything was really bright in color pink being the most predominant color and to me the voices were bad and annoying and characters also had no real personalities plus there was never any conflict its like the characters were perfect in every way and barely fought with each other, but overall its kinda like Hasbro just gave up on that generation.

Edited by chaosprincess
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

G5. When they turned Rarity into a Werewolf, that just tasered my nipples. That's the straw that drank the last Pepsi in the fridge. You might say I should have seen it coming when Twilight dyed her mane red, but foolishly I held out hope; only to be left sitting in the smelly shadow of the broken toilet bowl that was once bronydom.

Oh, how the mighty... won't get mighty again.

Edited by Mand'alor Dash
  • Brohoof 3