Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is something you want to be good at?

FadedSkies

Me too. Videogame developing is where it's at. Sadly, I don't have education to do so. I've also wanted to do meteorology but I need high math for that, trig and calc to be specific. I guess drawing is a more reachable goal.

There are quite a lot of online courses you can take. You can take as long as you want with them, and it's very fun. Of course, they tend to use a simple problem, but it will teach you the basics. You can always expand from there. It is good to at the beginning, of course, so I would recommend something like that. I'm currently doing one, myself. (It's dutch, though, so I don't think it will help you that much). 

I've dabbled in a number of things (drawing, writing, cooking, composing music, playing music, doing a bad Tom Jones impression in the shower), and I don't think I'll ever truly excel at any of them lol.  I used to play some things on keyboard / melodica (from memory - can't sight read sheet music anywhere near fast enough), and I've played sopranino / soprano / alto recorder.  Again, though, not particularly well. xD  Would be nice to be genuinely good at playing the instruments I can only sorta play.  OR it'd be nice to get that bad Tom Jones impression to a place where it's at least a passable Tom Jones impression.  (Though I kinda like my bad Tom Jones.)

I would like to be able to sing and have a high vocal range, i can do falsetto very well, and bass very well, but inbetween is something i cant do,  also my voice fluctuates alot when i try to hold a note.

Are you singing from your diaphragm? My biggest mistake was singing from my throat where I constricted it for higher notes and opened it up for bass notes. It made it so I had a similar problem to you in college. 

• Brohoof 1

I want to be good at being a director/producer for movies.  But there are several prerequisites like money management and lots of serious business stuff that my introvert brain can't handle.  I still fantasize about the movies I wanted to make. 

I want to be good at making video games. Takes time and effort but I'm working towards it. Wanted to be good in drawing too but...eh...I guess I'll stick with stick men and stick ponies for the time being. Always wanted to create a comic of my own.

I do want to be a better critic. I want to be able to see a flaw in something without not noticing it and then another critic pointing it out.

Also, I want to become a better writer. I want to be able to expand on my comedy and be able to write other genres besides comedy.

I'd like to be better at socializing....

That's actually something you can practice, as well. Try to meet new people more often and ask them for feedback. Don't take the critique personal, think about it and change things up a bit if you agree with them. It takes hard work and it isn't always fun, but that's how it's done. 

I try to be good at everything I do. I am a really good welder and I hope that my fabrication skills get to the point someday where I can use it to work for myself making ornamental pieces that people get to look at and enjoy. To truly answer the question though, I wish I could play the banjo. I went out and bought one a while ago but I just don't have the dexterity for it. I tried to learn the darn thing but I finally sold it off to a kid who got to play with Charlie Daniels so I think that is pretty cool too.

Running, jumping, sports in general, especially free running.  I would love to be on american ninja warrior  :blush:

I'd also like to be good at learning and remembering languages.  I want to travel, and I feel like you should learn the language before you go to a country, at least to some extent. 

anything Well I'd like to improve at drawing, but I have a really sloppy and inconsistent art style, and on top of that I haven't really made the time to practice at all. I used to draw a lot but I guess I just stopped out of nowhere.

Video editing would be pretty cool. It's something I've been passively interested in for a long time and I'm only just starting to get into it now. Hopefully I'll stick with it and it'll get easier. Kinda annoying to have a good idea floating around in your head and being unable to get it out, and that'll hopefully happen less often.

Tennis would be nice too, though I'm not in full I WANNA BE THE VERY BEST mode like I used to be. Nowadays I feel like it's one step forward, one step back a lot of the time. I need to get in better shape and learn to serve :derp:

Cooking too, I suppose. Hardly do it at all, and rarely get good results when I do (I feel an immense sense of pride when I don't burn scrambled eggs, for example :blush: ), but it's something find really relaxing and enjoyable.

• Brohoof 1

Besides animation, I want to be in filming industry like my Dad(so I can learn how to edit and write a bit more).

And I'm also a person who likes different cultures, so I would like to speak different languages such as Japanese, Korean, French, and/or Spanish. :)

Hmm..and I really like music so I always wanted to take piano lessons! ^_^

And maybe cooking? I'd try to cook a lot of things,which is something I enjoy, so I want to get better at that. ^^;

Lol, there's so many things I'd like to do, is that bad? xD But I'll do these things one at a time, take slow steps, and start small, I suppose.

Edited by LazuriteDreams*