Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is something you really want to do, but can't stick to?

Wubsie

Where I got this question from:

One of my favorite video game commentators. :3

Pretty much what the title says, what is something that you've said you were going to do, but you end up never doing? For me, it's to learn a different language. I've said plently of times to everyone that I was going to learn a different language, but dropped it about a week later. xD

What about you guys?

Edited by I Sarcasm I

My laundries, most of the time I ended up thinking "aw fuck it" and wait until there is no clean underpants to start doing them

Losing some weight. I really couldn't stop myself from buying all those snacks D:

My girlfriend

• Brohoof 4

I always promise myself that I will tidy up my computer, especially my picture folders. At first I tidy it up a bit, but then I give up and make a bigger mess than before.

I want to socialize/hang out with my school friends, but most of the time I procrastinate and I end up staying home.

I can go to the shop, but sometimes I'm so lazy that I start telling to myself: "Meh, I'm not that hungry. I'll go to the shop when I'm more hungry", while I'm hungry as hell.

There are more things, but I'm too lazy to post 'em all.

• Brohoof 1

I really want to find one cause/charity that really appeals to me. But for me to donate to a cause like that I have to be absolutely sure that I know where my money is going. Long story short, I've yet to find an organization that removes every shadow of a doubt that there might be foul play in their ranks.

As such, I haven't come across something that I feel comfortable lending continuously to.

*sigh*

doing fucking exercise, if I had some friend who would like to exercise with me, I would feel motivated...but I'm just bored to do it alone -_-

Edited by Motion Spark
  • Brohoof 4

• 2 weeks later...

*sigh*

doing fucking exercise, if I had some friend who would like to exercise with me, I would feel motivated...but I'm just bored to do it alone -_-

Agreed, exercising alone is BORING. Everyone needs motivation!

Sometimes people end up talking to themselves...or even worse....to the television. o_o

Agreed, exercising alone is BORING. Everyone needs motivation!

Sometimes people end up talking to themselves...or even worse....to the television. o_o

actually If I had a threadmill or something in my house I would be using the hell out of it while playing ps3 :D , I used to do that with the orbitrek while playing WII, and exercised 45 min a day, I didn't feel anything, it was awesome! but sadly my dumbass brother broke it -_-
  • Brohoof 1

Lose weight, learn computer arts programs like photoshop and what not, and learn other languages (the last one hurts as I want to learn Greek, Russian, Italian, German, Japanese, and Finnish).

• Brohoof 1

I wanted to play college basketball growing up in high school, but now that I'm going for an Art major to become an animator, that's like totally out of my mind now for some reason. After Senior year, I basically fell into a slump where I just couldn't feel the need to continue my basketball days onwards towards college.

It's writing for me. I've always wanted to complete a fairly long, multi-chapter piece of prose, but my best attempt made it to just under 16,000 words. I get pretty tired of writing academic essays all the time, to the point where they're virtually disposable for me, and relish a chance to compose a proper story.

Unfortunately, whenever I get off to a good start, some "urgent" factor or other always gets in the way, forcing me to put off the writing. By the time I get back to it - often many months later - I've lost the drive to continue that story.

• Brohoof 6

For me it's parkour......I LOVE it! but, I found out that my knee caps don't move properly with the rest of my leg, causing an extremely painful grinding sensation whenever I run......:(

It's writing for me. I've always wanted to complete a fairly long, multi-chapter piece of prose, but my best attempt made it to just under 16,000 words. I get pretty tired of writing academic essays all the time, to the point where they're virtually disposable for me, and relish a chance to compose a proper story.

Unfortunately, whenever I get off to a good start, some "urgent" factor or other always gets in the way, forcing me to put off the writing. By the time I get back to it - often many months later - I've lost the drive to continue that story.

I know that feel, just with music.........now I don't even have the rive to write it anymore :blush:

Ugh. For me, it would be drawing. I want to learn to draw like my friend but for some reason I just don't put any time into it. Oh, and a good sleeping schedule. I can never get that right.

• Brohoof 2

Where to begin?

-I always say to myself that I'll study more but that never happens.

-I want to learn to play the piano but I haven't yet (although a major reason is that I have no money to buy one :P)

-I want to learn how to draw. I can already draw to an extent but I haven't really tried to get better.

-I can't whistle. I tried for a few days and I was getting some results but I eventually got bored and gave up.

-At some point I wanted a tulpa and I also wanted to learn how to lucid dream. Those things take a lot of time of course and I gave up on both.

-I thought about trying to compose music. Maybe start with a simple remix or something. Never got to that either.

I guess you could call me the king of procrastination. XD

• Brohoof 1

I know that feel, just with music.........now I don't even have the rive to write it anymore :blush:

I think I should have mentioned music, too. I have done some composition before, both original stuff and fan music, but I can count my discography on one hand. Putting a good piece of music together is many hours of work, and I simply don't have that kind of free time.

Ugh. For me, it would be drawing. I want to learn to draw like my friend but for some reason I just don't put any time into it. Oh, and a good sleeping schedule. I can never get that right.

I can totally empathize with these! My sleeping schedule is nonexistent, and I've always wanted to improve my visual art skills. I don't want to be the next Picasso, but I do want to be capable of putting an image in my mind down on paper accurately. It would be a tremendously useful skill for making video games, even if I plan to spend most of my time programming.

• Brohoof 4

One thing I really want to do but can't stick to is exercise. I know it's so good for me but it's also unappealing.

Another thing I want to do is learn how to draw, but I never could get too into art related stuff.

Lastly, I kinda want to pick up reading again, but I figure why spend time reading when I could be gaming. But I used to be such an avid reader. As Derpy said, "I just don't know what went wrong".

Exercise. I mean, I can be pretty active but now I'm so lazy, with winter coming along.

Another thing I'd like to do is draw out a comic. I like to draw, and I have interesting concepts but I never feel completely satisfied when I draw something so I get really anal about it and give up.

Ok, this really bothers me, but I have been trying to get myself to learn playing the guitar for almost 8 years now...and I still haven't really made any progress...

No joke, I tried to make myself an Australian, but then I realized much of being Australian involves British culture, which is not my thing, so now I'm trying to become Swedish, which, genetically, I'm 50% Swedish.

I'd like to stick to a lot of things... Reviewing... Continuing minecraft projects... Get a working cracked photoshop, to join the sig team... Um... Crashing all minecraft servers I dislike, making mods for skyrim/minecraft/tf2/ etc

Proably there are more things I want to stick to doing... But I'm busy with school, falconing, and work...