Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you ever struggle with sleeping?

Haruhi-chan

I actually haven't found any remedies to help me sleep. The Concerta I take seems to just boot everything I try. D: I did try taking trazodone, but I'm not sure it's working as well as it should be. My sleep struggles are very severe, and it's become a problem for me every night to get the proper amount of rest. ><

• Brohoof 1

yes, i struggle with sleeping.

but i guess that's expected when you have a 2 year old who's goal in life is to be nocturnal, and having people come over at all hours of the night/morning because they can't sleep and want to keep me up too.

• Brohoof 1

@AutisticAlice Well the only thing that makes me feel tired in order to drop asleep at times is watchingTV. I.E. when i has cable in my room. MY would get tired and I would eventually go to sleep. However I think you should tell you Doctor about the Concerta you're taking. See if you can get an alternitive. One that makes you sleep.

• Brohoof 1

@AutisticAlice Well the only thing that makes me feel tired in order to drop asleep at times is watchingTV. I.E. when i has cable in my room. MY would get tired and I would eventually go to sleep. However I think you should tell you Doctor about the Concerta you're taking. See if you can get an alternitive. One that makes you sleep.

I've tried that. The only way I can get off the concerta is by weaning off it. If I stop it cold turkey, it could have some serious side affects that could really affect me. D: I can't lower the dose either because when i tried that, my focus and concentration was low and my sensory issues got worse. ><

• Brohoof 1

I have the problem of not being able to fall asleep, and not being able to get up once I've fallen asleep. For example, I went to bed 10PM yesterday (Didn't actually start sleeping until an hour or so) and didn't get up until 12PM the next day.

Edited by Retro*Derpy
  • Brohoof 1

There are some nights where I do but for the most part I sleep okay. What helps me is I go to sleep and wake up relatively early and keep a relatively consistent sleep schedule. I saw the benefit of this when I got promoted at work 6 years ago from a General Merchandise Clerk (mostly non food stocker) to a Food Clerk and was scheduled 4AM shifts and not just that it helps me sleep better but I also like the extra time I get during the day.

• Brohoof 1

Took NyQuil for the first time last night. I was out like a freaking light. Granted, my nightmare was especially vivid and terrifying, but I woke up feeling oh-so-refreshed.

In general, I'm just fine falling asleep. Towards the morning I can become a light sleeper, but in the middle of the night I'm dead to the world.

• Brohoof 1

Surprisingly no. The only time I do is when my anxiety is kicking in badly. Anxiety tends to keep me awake and I often try to distract myself with other things until I get so tired that even anxiety cannot prevent me from passing out.

Now, if we are talking about falling asleep at a very strict schedule, that is a different story..

• Brohoof 1

I've tried that. The only way I can get off the concerta is by weaning off it. If I stop it cold turkey, it could have some serious side affects that could really affect me. D: I can't lower the dose either because when i tried that, my focus and concentration was low and my sensory issues got worse. ><

Maybe you could turn off your laptops, light and anything electronic except fan, go to bed and try not to think too much while sleeping. You could also try to do more non-stimulating activities during the day or before bed until you're exhausted, like reading a book or cleaning your room. Do this patiently. You could say this is going against your nature. 

It's what I did to get rid of my sleeping problem. I was nocturnal before, I would sleep 1 a.m to 4 a.m and sometime couldn't at all, doesn't matter if school's tomorrow or not. My mom nag me and gave me some sleeping advice this year (yep, THIS year) and my sleeping routines got better. I usually hit the sack at 10 p.m now. But, I suddenly hate sleeping late now XD 

• Brohoof 1

yes I have problems sleeping I would just stay up and dance all night long then once the sun comes up I'm sleeping thank goodness I home school there would be times I would stay up all day and night then fall a sleep the next morning

Edited by Adagio_dazzle
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

It usually takes me a couple of hours to go to sleep. I toss and turn and tell my brain to shut up, but it doesn't listen. Medicine doesn't work either. :( It's like my brain goes Iron Will on the medicine.

I have a terrible infectious disease.

It can cause insomnia, paranoia, and stress. It impairs my functionality at school and work, scatters my thoughts, and reduces my attention span. It makes going outside painful, and tends to reduce my social skills.

That just scratches the surface of all its symptoms

While it usually isn't fatal, there is no known cure.

They call this disease, "Internet Access"

• Brohoof 3

I rarely sleep properly, it takes me a few hours to fall to sleep and i rarely actually get to sleep if i have to be up early in the morning, i generally average about 4 hours of sleep a day.

• Brohoof 1

I actually have problems staying awake.  There were about a dozen times when I went over my friend's place to play Dungeons and Dragons and fell asleep sitting at the table.  Now, I won't ever play without bringing at least a 20 oz. coffee with me.  And there have been several times when I had to pull over at a rest stop on a long drive so I wouldn't fall asleep at the wheel.  And now I'm in college, and sometimes I have to keep pacing around the room as I'm studying so I won't fall asleep in my seat.  I wasn't this way before, and I'm actually getting concerned about it.

Actually I tend to get to sleep pretty easily. I can fall asleep in around 5-7 mins sometimes.

Not sure why though. It's the waking up though that I seem to have trouble with.

My husband is the exact same way. We always have to go to bed at the same time because if I let him sleep for too long in the bed without me, he takes up the whole bed, and I can't get him to move. lol

• Brohoof 1

only if I'm not tired which is why I only sleep when I'm exhausted rather then a specific time cause then I'm just going to be lying in bed for about an hour and a half before I can actually fall asleep