Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media Which fictional universe would you go to?

Hashi

I'm going to say the GTA world.

For example, You can kill someone you don't like, and when the cops come after you, you can just go inside your house and they'll forget all about you!

Need a car? Just take one you like!

Want to buy a Stinger missile launcher? No background checks and you can just walk out of the store with it!

Want to buy a tank? Just look on an easily accessible website that doesn't check your credit, and unlimited ammo is included in the price!

Did you get killed by the police, gang members, or other bullshit reasons? In just a few minutes, you local hospital can revive you and bring you back to health for just a nominal fee!

Edited by Skyactiv
  • Brohoof 3

The Avatar/ Legend of Korra Universe, because for as many conflicts that happen, they seem to always work themselves out, conflict is a necessary evil in most universes, but comparative to our universe, much less fatalities happen, or at least present themselves. also bending and spirits and steampunk, oh my!

• Brohoof 1

If I was a bit more adventerous, I would probably live in the Shin Megami Tensei universe. Always wanted to chat with some of the demons from those games. Or maybe if possible, I would live in the MLP version of the SMT universe I read about in one fan fiction I read.

Edit: Or possibly, the Disgaea universe, although I would probably either be stuck as a Prinny or living in boring ass Earth instead of the Netherworld xD

Edited by Overlord Valvatorez

Equestria of course. It is a fantasy would but still has many modern amenities. Even more so, everypony does the job they are happiest with. Whereas in our world, many struggle for employment that's truly self satisfying, either because they don't know what would make them happy to be doing or because circumstances force them to compromise their ambitions; in Equestria, they have cutie marks. When you discover your destiny, the universe gives you a congratulatory pat on the back.

Personally: I would live in Canterlot as a writer and part time seeker of the ancient title "Master Swordpony."

The world of Pokemon seems to be a popular second option. - . . . . And I have to agree. I mean, in many other superhero settings, (take Harry Potter for instance) you're either born with that special something or your not, and in those particular instances like the Wizarding World there aren't even any Badass Normals that arm themselves with gadgets or skills to combat the ones with powers. In the world of Pokemon though, it's equal opportunity for both entrance as well as advancement. Any schlub can buy a pokeball, walk right outside, catch a (insert region's starter small mammal pokemon), and the sky's the limit from there. You can open your own gym, compete combatively for fame and fortune, study pokemon academically, apply them to some other trade, and many more options.

Personally: I would train mainly fighting and steel types and try to get my license to be a gym leader. I would give out the Kata badge! (It would be in the shape of a hand placed over a fist.)

Lastly and least optimally, the world of Star Wars! Thing is, it's actually quite bleak in a lot of it's time periods. There are long stretches of peace in the Galaxy's history but we never seem to see them. (Kind of defeats the purpose of the title.) Other than that though, it's a space faring civilization, with lots of cultures and places to see, plenty of life easing sci-fi amenities, and hey at the least it's never boring.

Personally: I would love to be a Jedi. Their mission, their purpose, their philosophy, their faith. All of it has such appeal to me in some profound way I can't easily describe. If I was not Force-sensitive, it would be a massive bummer. What makes this world still count is that you don't need the Force to be a hero in this universe.

• Brohoof 1

I believe there was another similar thread about this topic somewhere, and I think I said something about going to Tamriel.

This time around, I will vouch completely for going to the Pokemon world. If given the chance, I would be unable to pass up the opportunity to go on a journey and bond with these awesome creatures that have almost limitless power to do pretty much anything. The fact that they're not just pets, but intelligent beings (some with their own cultures) only would enrich the experience for me.

I would of course try to battle my way to awesomeness, but I think I would at first try to meet all of the more amiable Legendary Pokemon and maybe become friends with them (NOT catch them!). Mew, the Eon duo, Cresselia, and the Four Muskedeers come to mind. I feel like the other trios out there (besides the Lake trio) would sooner blast me than give me the time of day. After that, I'd like to become a gym leader, but I don't affiliate myself with any particular type; for example, I know I'd want to raise a Metagross, Absol, and Volcarona. Maybe I'd just be one of those schmucks with his own Dojo or something.

• Brohoof 1

Wow this is hard to say it but I would choose mine craft world because there are lots of mods to do and try out while mining for diamond! So I've made my point

Either the Mass-Effect universe, or the Elder scrolls universe (both from video game franchises). Lots of frontiers to explore, sights to see, dangers to tackle - these are worlds with their own sets of oddities rules, and charm :).

• Brohoof 1

I'm not sure. I can't think of any other world where I could pursue any ambitions I'd be interested in.

Maybe if I were somehow a badass who can catch bullets with my teeth like any other Mary Sue, I'd probably live in the Fallout universe. There I would save the world and become a hero, then rebuild it into an empire where I become a corrupt dictator. Anyone who stands in my way or crosses my borders, will be crushed.

Wherever G3 takes place. No conflicts, no resource shortage, everyone is friendly and honest, everything is pretty and clean, holidays, matinees, quiet times.

Why wouldn't one want to live there.

I don't know what would drive me to madness first: Solitary confinement, or living in a creepy world inhabited by Stepford Smilers.

Edited by SpaceOnion

So, I'm assuming all rules of that world apply?  This is a really tough call.  Dang.  I'd say either Equestria, or a Final Fantasy world.  But which Final Fantasy world?  Hmm.  Probably either Ivalice (XII), or Centra (VIII).  A FF would be perfect.  Easy to make friends, no shortage of adventures and excitement, and to make a living, all you have to do is wander around the beautiful landscape slaying monsters and they drop money.  And, because video game rules would apply, you would never get tired, and you wouldn't be injured until dead.  You just lose HP and then get revived when you're KOed.

I would say Equestria, but the thought of being dumped into the Everfree... *shiver* not sure if I'd want to take that risk.

But if I was sent to Equestria with guaranteed safety, then yeah sure, why not.

@@iDashingRainbow, Merged your topic with an already active one. 

@, Move your topic to the correct location, as well as correctly tagged it.

As for the media universe I would go to? The one from Black Butler, for two reasons. 1. It would be time travel, so hell yes there. 2. Dem clothes from Victorian era.  :wub: