Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who wears glasses and why?

Dashie23

Me and I'm near sighted, so things are clear when they're right in front of my face without my glasses!

On a side note, My Ponysona, Will Guide put a permanent spell on his glasses so if they get lost or destroyed a new pair will appear. He can take his glasses off and keep them nearby, but if they separate too much, *poof!* Back onto my face they go!

Also, if and when Will Guide's Changeling half switches out with him, Will's glasses are stored away in hammer-space.

5 minutes ago, K.Rool Addict said:

I wear glasses for distance. 

My eyesight went to shit because when I was a little kid, I used to play my GameBoy Pocket in the car, without any lights whatsoever. And I would be sitting in the car for about 2-4 hours straight (both ways) since my family would drive state to state on a daily basis. So, by the time we would get home, it would be evening at best. Idk how the hell I was even able to strain my eyes enough to see a tiny, unlit screen like that with no lights lol Q.Q

And yes, it was all Pokemon Red's fault, fyi xD (I ended up with over 600 hours in that game).

Wait, you wear glasses, too? Another reason for me to apologize to you! I feel sorry for being a Glasses guy insulting another Glasses guy.

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

Wait, you wear glasses, too? Another reason for me to apologize to you! I feel sorry for being a Glasses guy insulting another Glasses guy.

^LMAO xD

That is the most ludicrous reasoning I have ever heard!

• Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, K.Rool Addict said:

^LMAO xD

That is the most ludicrous reasoning I have ever heard!

Sorry, I'm just quick to apologize like Fluttershy in earlier seasons.

Yes..I wear them, but I don't like them. I have to wear mine all the time, because in my left eye I have what's called a stigmatism, hope I spelled that right... anyway I inherited it from my dad who has the same thing. About every year or two my eyesight gets a little worse so I have to get a slightly stronger pair of glasses each time. I'm considering getting contacts, I just hate the way I look with glasses :sunny:

• Brohoof 2

I do have glasses, but even though my eyesight without them is complete trash (20/200), I still don't wear them that much, simply because it's a bit of a hassle to carry a glasses case with me. That and I'm used to everything being blurry, and making everything sharp hurts my eyes a bit.

1 hour ago, Lucky Bolt said:

I'm considering getting contacts, I just hate the way I look with glasses 

Believe me, contacts are the worst. They're so hard to put on and take off, and they irritate your eyes during the day if they dry out. D:

• Brohoof 1

I'm nearsighted, so I wear glasses. My eyesight without them is pretty much garbage. I used to have diplopia too, but I got surgery that greatly diminished that.

I wear nonprescription glasses with no magnification from time to time. It really depends on my outfit that day. I don't know if that counts, but glasses are fashionable.

(edited)

I wear glasses because I'm near sighted and have trouble reading things from a distance. However, my eyesight isn't bad enough that I need glasses just to do everyday things or drive. Generally, I do not even wear them.

Edited by Gernia
Spelling error

3 hours ago, Meson Bolt said:

I do have glasses, but even though my eyesight without them is complete trash (20/200), I still don't wear them that much, simply because it's a bit of a hassle to carry a glasses case with me. That and I'm used to everything being blurry, and making everything sharp hurts my eyes a bit.

Believe me, contacts are the worst. They're so hard to put on and take off, and they irritate your eyes during the day if they dry out. D:

Yeah that's what I heard, I guess I'm just stuck with glasses then, I should suck it up :lol:

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Meson Bolt said:

To be honest your eyesight is very similar to my dads. An example of how fuzzy everything is for him is that he literally cannot see faces that are more than three meters away from him without his glasses. He wears them all day. :)

I'm nearsighted with astigmatism and my eyesight gets slightly worse every few years so I always get a brand new pair of glasses. I think I had 20/80 vision at the time of my last eye exam.

I've never tried contacts and I have no desire to ever do so. Glasses are just fine for me.

• Brohoof 1

I am in need of glasses due to problems of sight, but for the most part I use lenses due to how bad do glasses fit me (although some people say they look adorable on me >//< ). But if I don't have my lenses at hand for one reason or the other, I do use my glasses.

(edited)

I only wear reading glasses when I'm drawing or painting (not for reading though anymore). So I guess I have a bit of difficulty with really close-up stuff. I don't use glasses for anything else. When my eyes get a little blurry and I think I'm losing my sharp focus, I exercise my eyes by staring at something detailed a short distance away, then a little farther, then farther and so on until I can see details at any distance. It's helped a lot and so far I haven't had to get regular glasses. 

I absolutely would not wear contact lenses. I couldn't stand the idea of having something sitting right on my naked eyeball. Yuck! 

Edited by Dreambiscuit

I think this was 2 years ago, I dunno, I could be wrong. Anyways, when time went by, I noticed that I wasn't seeing clearly, almost a blur or something, specially when I look at a monitor, or even read something. Then I had to get an eye check up, and got myself some reading glasses. As time went by, my vision became clear now as I removed the glasses.