Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So...how many of us are...single (me)

sailu

I've been so for a while, finally after some annoying amount of time (really I'm so odd at times, which my friends would know) I've think I've gotten past the fact I'm not in a relationship of any kind but I've got lots of good friends who come through for me when I need them to help me or others like an event recently I'm still having a buzz effect from that.

Basically if something was to happen i'd be happy but otherwise I'm finally ok with being on my own. I'm not sure why I posted here?

Maybe it's to say "I'm single and I don't actually mind anymore." 

To update:

Nothing changed, still single, even tough I randomly get here and there online "I like/love you"

Too bad they are not my type, are under 18 or guys. worse case all 3 of it, lol.

Would be nice if a grown up girl that s rather my type would say that XD

What type of girl do you like?

Well, first of the girl should be cute, not preferable smoking and of course liking MLP :D

mayby live in germany too.

Should like ideo games and F1 but I'm ready to try even without those.

dunno much what else, dont need to be a top model god like appearance, but not too bad either.

dunno, never really putted toooo much tough about it

Shame I don't live in Germany then :fluttershy:

Well, looking at your profile, your lika a neighbour country, with water in the wa---wait, why you ask?

Because you basically just described me, well minus Germany and F1.

*Blink* Wait, wut? W-Well I said mayby and should, not must live and must like. I'm just a bit surprised XD Mayby we write more in status or so? Not want to off-topic here too much

We can talk in a private chat if you want to. 

Seems as if this thread is doing something after all

Kek

• Brohoof 2

Yup.

Got out of a bad relationship a few months ago. I've been enjoying being single for a while, but gonna start looking again. The baseline in what I need in a woman is someone who is emotionally mature and intellectually engaging.

I've found that it's actually quite difficult to find this, regardless of gender.

• Brohoof 2

i just spent the past half an hour doing this... no freaking wonder i don't have a girlfriend XD
(because clearly there are more important things to be done in my spare time T-T )

my little pony friendship is magic season hiatus wait times:

season 1 episode 26: May 6, 2011 - season 2 episode 1: September 17, 2011 (134 days or 4 months 11 days)
season 2 episode 26: April 21, 2012 - season 3 episode 1: November 10, 2012 (203 days or 6 months 20 days)
season 3 episode 13: February 16, 2013 - season 4 episode 1: November 23, 2013 (280 days or 9 months 7 days)
season 4 episode 26: May 10, 2014 - season 5 episode 1: April 4, 2015 (329 days or 10 months 25 days)
season 5 episode 26: November 28, 2015 - season 6 episode 1: March 26, 2016 (119 days or 3 months 27 days)
average wait time: 213 days or roughly 7 months.
longest wait: season 4 finale to season 5 beginning.
shortest wait: season 5 finale to season 6 beginning.

(this may be incorrect and thus is not gospel)
Edited by Ju88snow
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 years later...

Technically I'm in a relationship but...for the most part I feel single. I hardly ever get to see my boyfriend, because we're long distance. 

I'm very single. I could write an essay full of reasons why, but I'll just leave it at I'm paranoid and I have extreme trust issues. To give an example, pretty much every time someone gives me a compliment, I assume they're either lying (could be a white lie, i.e. lying out of pity) or are selfishly motivated and want something from me (which, I know, is a stupid way to feel. Most people aren't that way). I'd also constantly think up unrealistic scenarios in my head of them being unfaithful. If I were to get into a relationship, it would be incredibly stressful for me and the other person involved, to the point where it would have been better off not happening in the first place. Despite hating being single, it's better off this way.

There comes a time in every single person's life when they just accept being single. Sometimes it's relieving, it's nice to not have to chase after someone and just be there for yourself, but sometimes it's soul-crushing, forcing yourself to be okay with being alone for the rest of your life. I was in that spot for a while, not really sure which camp I fell into, mostly a mix of both.

Being single isn't really so bad to be honest. In fact, it's quite liberating. There's a lot to be said for doing activities on your own, and there's a lot less responsibility for you since you don't really run the risk of hurting a significant other by doing something stupid. Of course there's always the feeling of loneliness, but there's a lot to be said for keeping up a group of great friends. I personally found making friends online across the world to be helpful, because I don't know when the lonelies will strike, and not everyone can be online at the same time. But I accepted being single, and while I went through some nasty feelings about it originally, I actually really liked the concept.

But then, well... she came along, and rocked my world. :P

11 minutes ago, Booker said:

I'm very single. I could write an essay full of reasons why, but I'll just leave it at I'm paranoid and I have extreme trust issues.

I feel you there brother, I was the same way just a couple years back, and it messed up one of my best friendships. I ah... don't really have any good advice to be honest, but I can relate to what you're going through.

• Brohoof 1

I’m single and pretty happy with being single for now. 

Im kinda just put off by my last experience.  Dated someone for 7 years, and then she broke up with me for humiliating reasons.  

Im enjoying it though.  I can do more things without worrying about upsetting my partner, and such. 

Besides I’m kinda scared of commitment and would probably come off as too much of an irresponsible person to others to really bother with. 

So I think me being single is for the best,  but maybe someone out there can prove me otherwise.  :dash:  Doubt it though. 

• Brohoof 3

I doubt I would ever find someone, so I guess I'm single forever. Don;t mind too much. I do get kinda jealous when looking at other people, but when you think about it being single has a lot of advantages as well, so there's nothing wrong with it.

15 minutes ago, Lucky Bolt said:

Heh I think you mean @Cyclone1066:Thorax:

Ooof lool. Some usernames are so similar, that I forget who is who myself. 

• Brohoof 1

52 minutes ago, King of Canterlot said:

Hrgergherghejghergkjgjkgbjkfg YES I do I'm so so sorry I've been gone for a while and I got them mixed up my bad :blink:

I mean, they both have "cyclone" in their names......

No problem :laugh: But yeah me and Cyclone are still together. We’re going through a rough patch but...we’re almost out on the other side of it. :adorkable:

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Lucky Bolt said:

No problem :laugh: But yeah me and Cyclone are still together. We’re going through a rough patch but...we’re almost out on the other side of it. :adorkable:

Well that's good to hear! I hope you guys are able to work everything out, you two deserve to be happy :yay:

• Brohoof 1

Sometimes people use me for sex and that's about the best I can hope for I don't even care about finding love now since I realized it's not coming. 

• Brohoof 1

I haven't really found anyone that I'm interested in in that way.  Takes me a while to get used to people and get to know them, most people don't have the patience to stick around that long just to find out in a few years whether I even feel the same way about them, seems like a waste of time, right?  I don't really talk to very many people either, avoid public gatherings, etc.

• Brohoof 1