Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So...how many of us are...single (me)

sailu

@@Discordian,@@Fluttershyfan94,  

There's something I heard somewhere.  "Three minutes without air.  Three days without water.  Three weeks without food.  Three months without love."  There are some of us who don't care for social interaction in large doses (tons of medicine can be lethal, after all), but very few true hermits exist.

Fits me to a tee. Though I guess it sort of depends on the definition of love we're going for. Love of your friends? Lots of people can find that. Romantic love is the one people always get so hung up on unfortunatelyy. Personally I'm going on four years since my last girlfriend and the longer I go without the less I feel the need for it.

Now ask me how long I've gone without legitimate face-to-face friends. :P

@@Discordian,

Love is a broad term for me.  I love my family, I love my friends, I love drawing and other things I do.  Outside of drawing though, I can never use that strong term without someone thinking a romantic relationship is going on.

Heck, sometimes I can't hang out with guys on a regular basis without people thinking there's something going on.

Edited by Light of Night

@@Discordian,

Love is a broad term for me.  I love my family, I love my friends, I love drawing and other things I do.  Outside of drawing though, I can never use that strong term without someone thinking incest or a romantic relationship is going on.

Heck, sometimes I can't hang out with guys on a regular basis without people thinking there's something going on.

There's also the stigma that if you mention the word love it implies a solid connection between two people that can be pushed into an easy little box for people to identify with.

Sometimes you can't explain away a relationship, platonic or otherwise, by just saying you love them. I'd have a hard time putting into words what my best friends are to me, especially since the friendships I have are always changing. New information always comes up, or sometimes we stagnate and talk about the same shit for months on end.

There's no real reason to simplify it all. Do what you do with your friends and your hobbies alike and don't take no crap from anybody...except your best friend who has crap-flinging rights. :P

• Brohoof 1

for (in my instance straight) bronies best chance for a relationship would be with pegasisters wouldn't it? shame those dont exist where i live ;-;

c94a-3f63-41e2-bd99-51a4b7452551.jpg

Edited by Ju88snow
  • Brohoof 4

I'm single and never gave it much thought besides the typical passing fantasies that go through any active mind. I don't mind being single but I wouldn't mind being otherwise for that matter. Sometimes I think I'll always be single, but then I'll suddenly meet people that send that idea spinning away, like some new friends introduced to me by a coworker recently. So who knows? I don't make concrete plans, I just go with the flow. 

• Brohoof 4

for (in my instance straight) bronies best chance for a relationship would be with pegasisters wouldn't it? shame those dont exist where i live ;-;

sig-4630107.c94a-3f63-41e2-bd99-51a4b745

Oh, I know how that feels. I have never knowingly encountered a pegasister. Now I wouldn't rush into a relationship with someone just because of a common fandom. I would need to be attracted to something else. But it is probably true that pegasisters would be the most understanding and empathetic towards bronies concerning their love for MLP.

Edited by Prospekt
  • Brohoof 1

Like probably 90% of all nerds and bronies I am single and actually like it that way.

Oh, I know how that feels. I have never knowingly encountered a pegasister. Now I wouldn't rush into a relationship with someone just because of a common fandom. I would need to be attracted to something else. But it is probably true that pegasisters would be the most understanding and empathetic towards bronies concerning their love for MLP.

I think where I live are no pegasisters in a radius of ... ca. 10km (or 6.21 miles for imperial system peasants)

• Brohoof 2

Think my last post in here was back in December, so I might as well update my status on this matter.

Still single, still content with it. However, nowadays, I am more open to the idea of a relationship. There are two close friends that I have that I've known for quite a while now who I would date if the circumstances were right. As in, if either one of them was single and if I started feeling things for either one of them. I've liked them both in the past in separate time periods, so, it wouldn't surprise me if I ended up falling for one of them again in the future.

@@Discordian,@@Fluttershyfan94,  

There's something I heard somewhere.  "Three minutes without air.  Three days without water.  Three weeks without food.  Three months without love."  There are some of us who don't care for social interaction in large doses (tons of medicine can be lethal, after all), but very few true hermits exist.

Well, seeing as how I've been 20 years without love(as in couples' love, I have my family's love, if that counts?), I must be a 'hermit'.

• Brohoof 1

Happily single. I plan on never getting into a relationship, simply because I think alot of girls these days are spoilt, and I don't want to have to spoil them even more with all my money that I could be using to pay my bills and buy my food. Besides, girls these days have an infinite amount of standards and they would rather the top 1% of good looking guys, or guys that have a full-time job and can support said girls that do not have jobs.

its kinda funny that you think girls today are spoiled, i actually payed for EVERYTHING for the past 4 months of my relationship cuz my bf was unemployed, so that prevented any question of weather or not i was.

• Brohoof 2

its kinda funny that you think girls today are spoiled, i actually payed for EVERYTHING for the past 4 months of my relationship cuz my bf was unemployed, so that prevented any question of weather or not i was.

This was the case with my last girlfriend as well. I was unemployed for most of our time together but she had no problem paying for things for me. She went so far as to insist on it when I tried to tell her I didn't need anything.

It goes both ways. Women aren't the only spoiled ones who will leech off of their partners simply because it's offered. ;)

• Brohoof 1

This was the case with my last girlfriend as well. I was unemployed for most of our time together but she had no problem paying for things for me. She went so far as to insist on it when I tried to tell her I didn't need anything.

It goes both ways. Women aren't the only spoiled ones who will leech off of their partners simply because it's offered. ;)

thats exactly what he does! well did, now that he's had a job for a few weeks he's paying more, i still pay sometimes though cuz he's got credit card bills to pay off from putting his bills on them for a few months, but in 2 weeks it'll be all payed off n i can save my money again until we're even and can start splitting stuff again like how i like. even though he insist i don't spend any money.

"Don't focus so much on talent. Making art is all about communication. A piece of art is a conversation. Every choice you make, is a statement.    Don't worry about labels, or conforming to a standard. Just be true to yourself, and people will appreciate your honesty." Steven Universe     that how you stay happy for most of your live. 

• Brohoof 1

Just be true to yourself, and people will appreciate your honesty"

ahhhhh haaa haaa D; hi there im a 17 year old male who likes my little pony, i have no life skills, i get poor marks in school and i wish i could go back in time and be a part of a tank crew and fight for the nazi's, im socially awkward and cant be around groups of around over 7 because it makes me super uncomfortable, i suffer from nice guy syndrome and there are a lot of things i wont eat that others do because i genuinely just don't think it tastes nice :/ 

T-T wish me luck

Edited by Ju88snow

Since I haven't posted here in a while, might as well update!  I think part of the reason why I wasn't so sure what I was interested in, in terms of people, was because I wasn't so confident in my gender identity.  When I was younger, I never really permitted myself to have feelings for other people because I wasn't really sure who I was so I didn't think it was a good idea for me to date anybody.  Now I'm much more confident in who I am as a person.  I have more of an idea of who I'm interested in but I'm not quite there yet.  I'm still single but I'm happy to be, sure having a boyfriend or whatever might be nice but it's just not for me right now.

• Brohoof 1

It's been a long time and I feel like giving an update. Still a single guy that is almost 26.

Being broke and currently waiting on a job to say yes or no to hiring me and being out of the game so long isn't very attractive to others so I don't think I'm going to find anyone anytime soon.

Life is very uncertain so hopefully one day I won't be single but then again, I could be destined to be forever alone. 

i feel bad for a lot of people here and that i just casually made a joke about not really needing effort to find some one so i'll give some personal advice it you can take it or not its just from my personal experience 

All i can say is be confident and yourself... that's what girls like the most

actually when ever i go out with friends and they are petrified to talk to a hot chick i always just walk up and talk to her make her laugh a bit then watch as my friends bitch and complain

one friend nearly beat me up "for being a dog" yeah well maybe if you didn't need to drink so much confidence juice...

girls don't like M'lady types the three girls who are currently chasing me are all girls who i act like myself with

if she's being stupid tell her

if she needs support do that but don't tell her what she wants to hear tell her what she needs to hear point out her flaws but tell her how to fix them 

looks aren't everything im pretty average (07-08/10 is average i think? idk that's what i'm always rated as) girls aren't as shallow as what you think they are even the "hot" ones with all the fake tan and glossy lipstick look for personality over everything else yes they're going to find you more appealing if you have a six pack however you can definitely do that 

don't see every girl you meet as a potential girlfriend or lover i can tell you now that shit is why you get friend zoned chicks aren't stupid they can tell the difference between some one looking for love and some one who genuinely wants to be their friend

idk my two cents

Advice for chicks

if the guy's not interested back off just like how you don't want to be with every guy in the world we don't want to be with every chick in the world 

don't compare us to ex's that is such a turn off... it doesn't matter if its "you remind me of the only good quality my ex had" or "oh my ex used to play that" 

eat like a horse on dates (some ones choice in food says a lot about them) 

we like confidence too 

same thing as for guys don't think of every guy you meet as a potential love interest no we can't tell however it hurts when you have been sending signals for months then we friendzone you be confident if you want to go on a date just ask (same for guys)

finally be honest... don't expect the guy to read your mind  

for both sexes basically its the same 9/10 times a relationship will form if you just ask the person on a date don't just wait for it to happen 

Edited by idunnomaybe
  • Brohoof 3