Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you take any medicine daily?

iceestarz

I’m “supposed” to take anxiety medicine 

But I’ve forgotten to take it for the past three weeks despite it sitting right next to my bed so I don’t forget to take it.

I also take allergy medicine that I forget about as well lol

• Brohoof 1

Yes.

I take Escitalopram (anti-anxiety), Lamotrigine (mood stabilizer), Trazodone (sleep), and Kelnor (birth control) all 1x daily. 

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I was prescribed with some medications to deal with ADHD, dissociative and multiple personality disorder during childhood. Never took them.
I told the psychiatrist these drugs were not gonna replace a family. She just looked down with self-reproach. At least she was honest. Which is something I can appreciate. There are so many dismissive people out there who will lie to you thinking they are doing something positive, when they are effectively asking you to ignore the problem. Especially when they didn't live through anything that could back their good intentions with actual experience. Which often makes for a very poor therapist. Or a friend.
I despise this kind of ignorance and dishonesty in a world that is all about ignorance and dishonesty. "Don't talk about it", "You have to be normal", "Pretend, pretend, pretend".
Sometimes, the best answer on their part is just silence. Because the honest answer is that there is no answer. But many of them are not even honest with themselves, so they are afraid of dealing with the truth. And truth is always closer than you can imagine, especially for those who are seeking it, like myself. Truth is the only thing I don't want to see, because it is painful. It is there, in the mirror.

I'm bringing everything down. I owe it to him. That beautiful child I used to be. He is in ruins now, and just wants this to end. But the angels wont even concede me that. "What is the point of you all?" I would like to ask them. But they will probably just look down. Also, it would be mean to them.

• Brohoof 1

One pill every day to control an organ I have that likes to grow tissue where it shouldn’t :sealed: cimetidine whenever needed (which has been every night for three nights, ah) for acid reflux, and calcium+vitamin D supplements in hand with the daily pill whose side effect is literally bone atrophy :scoots:

• 1 year later...

Lately I had to start taking some creams to moisturize my skin as I had issues with it becoming dry and... annoying (I am one of those people, who need their skin in perfect condition to actually be happy). I know it's not pills, syrups or vaccines (however I did take one for covid too xD), but skin care is actually important too and too many people neglect it ;) Apparently even I neglected it a little :blush:

• Brohoof 1

Two medications currently for depression and anxiety. It's very hard for me to tell because I really have no baseline to go off of about how I "should" feel. I don't think it's been helping that much with my social anxiety but I'm not sure what to do about that.