Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you wear MLP clothing in public?

NyxTheShield

Nah. I'm still a closet brony, and I kind of plan on keeping it that way. I knew this one kid who wore a Vinyl and Octavia Hoodie to school, and while people did laugh and stare, nobody really called him any names or made him feel bad. (At least when I saw him)

In fact, I was able to find the exact hoodie online:

img-3412160-1-fig,black,mhoodiez,ffffff.

At my school he would have got battered. My school is full of people who would kick your head in for nothing. Mainly why I'm a closet brony

• Brohoof 1

Yup, I have no problem putting it on display like that. I figure that the people who disapprove of it are people I don't want to talk to anyway, and it's much easier for people of the same interest to come up and talk to you when they see ponies on your shirt.

I can't. If I were with friends and not so alone, I would. I face negative reactions even without MLP stuff so it just adds to the fire. The first day I bought a RD beanie hat and wore it to a coffee shop, a worker was giving her friends "looks" about me (she was around my age). I told the manager about it and they made her apologize. I can't do that all the time. :/

I don't have any I can wear but... if I did, I probably would wear them like any other shirt. XD I don't see why it would be a big deal to me either. I could careless what people thought of me. This is coming from someone who wears hats with ears and long paw-type mittens on them btw. 8D

• Brohoof 2

I am now a semi closet brony. My parents found out I watched the show and were skeptical and disapproved because the fandom started on a "bad" place like 4chan. I asked later for an adorable black fluttershy t shirt which they instantly disapporved of because of the fact that "it's a feminine object on a male" which is bs especially since women can wear men's clothes. The pony shirt topic was abandoned but I then asked for a different more manly shirt with an "asain dragon" on it (discord) which they approved of not thinking twice about it. The shirt arrived today and it may not be fluttershy but I can't wait to proudly wear it to school on Tuesday!post-31382-0-88822300-1421651545.jpgpost-31382-0-31246000-1421651562_thumb.jpg

Edited by SergeantShy
  • Brohoof 2

I only have 2, but I have only ever received positive comments or compliments when wearing them. Alot of times either my shirt or the McD clip-ons on my bag are usually conversation starters and have been a good way of meeting other Bronies or people who know someone into Ponies.

I do have a couple of pony shirts, but the only time I actually wear them in public is when I'm with a friend, or if it's one of those days where I don't mind. Other then that I don't really wear mine in public due to people.

I only own one MLP shirt (Cross between Applejack the pony and Applejack's the cereal). I was a little anxious about it at first, but the only comments I've ever gotten about it were positive, so I don't have any reservations about it anymore.

I have about five pony shirts and I wear them in public all the time :) I also have some badges and the mini TY Fluttershy and Rarity clip-on plushies on my bag, so I'm not very subtle XD I've had compliments from fellow bronies at meets etc, but no reactions from the general public, except little kids noticing the plushies a few times which was cute :catface:

I would wear mine to school often if I wanted to except for the fact that:

1. I only have one pony shirt, so that's pretty big

2. The design appears to be flaking off a tiny bit in places (is this normal for welovefine shirts?), and I'd be obsessing over not touching it.

3. The school dress code won't allow boys to wear shirts without a collar.

HOWEVER, there is nothing in the dress code about wearing a t-shirt under an open collared shirt to school (which I have done many a time, but not with my pony shirt). So maybe one day.

Outside of school, I still wear mine often since I just take whatever shirt is on the top of the clothes pile in my drawer, and I put the things that I've washed recently on the top.

HOWEVER, there is nothing in the dress code about wearing a t-shirt under an open collared shirt to school (which I have done many a time, but not with my pony shirt). So maybe one day.

top.

A bit OT, but I once busted my doctor for wearing a Starfleet uniform under her white, semi transparent lab coat.  Turns out her sister was Michael Dorn's significant other.  How cool is that?  A Klingon for a brother-in-law...

I don't have any MLP shirts. Not that I'm afraid to wear them, I just haven't found the right one yet...

There have been a lot of great t-shirts, but nothing that really spoke out loud to me. And I can be a real picky some times, like someone who's on a search for the creme of the crop.

Edited by Samurai Equine

I tend to hesitate when deciding to wearing MLP shits outside but I'm slowing getting over it, I do wear my Daft Pon-3 hoodie outside and no probs from people so it helps. ^_^

Edited by Intenzifier

I wear my pony shirts whenever I feel like it and don't worry a bit about it.  I live in one of the larger cities in the Pacific Northwest (USA) so a pony shirt is one of more mundane things you see everyday.  No one seems to care at all.  I'm not a guy though so I think I get a pass on it from people who would have a problem with it otherwise.  But like I said the area I live in embraces weird things so the people with a problem about it are used to keeping their judgement to themselves.

I have a Fluttershy t-shirt that I wore in public a few times. It's new so I only went out a few times with it on, but nobody said anything so far. Most people might not have even noticed.

I'm new to this forum, so I apologize if this question has been asked before- do people usually get trouble from people wearing their pony merch/shirts in public? I know a previous post from Pacific NW said they are pretty open out there- how about any other places? Just curious.