Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever been on the newspaper/tv?

iDashingRainbow

Once in a regional newspaper because I'd won a spelling contest. I had one mistake which was of course the one they used for a title. Since then I've been mentioned in small articles about fencing in regional things. I've never been truly featured or something, but then I've never done anything to earn that, either.

• 3 years later...

My picture was in a newspaper, as I was in my high school's marching band at the time and we (the band) had made it to the state competition. The journalist encountered me and I decided to allow him to take a picture of me for his article on the event.

I also may have been in my town's newspaper for individually making it to state for an academic event.

Edited by A Cynical Millenial

I was in a local paper in 5th grade due to a school event. I was also on a local radio station for another school event in the same year.

I was at a filmed Monster Truck Rally once with my dad so I probably appeared in a crowd shot, but that's about it.  

I've been in a group photo that was published in a newspaper, but it was years ago. :wacko: It was the newspaper of another city though. A drawing contest was hosted in that city and even though I didn't win I got an honorable mention. I got a pack of markers as a prize!

yes, i've been on both, i was acused of assisting a terrorist escape prison, which sounds terrible without context so i'll leave it at that to let you wonder:ph3ar:
also my art has made it to a local anime-themed magazine if that counts

Edited by Lord Valtasar

• 9 months later...

You ever see that guy waving and doing a cool dance in the background while the camera is focused on the news anchor? Of course you do. They've been all over the world after all. Everyone knows them. Everyone wants their autograph from them. Everyone wonders, "how did this one person does not get paid enough for their awesomeness?"

Well my children, that guy is me. I have inspired millions upon millions of people, and I am here to disclose my true identity. Be in awe as I teach everyone the secrets and struggles of how I became the world's greatest actor in the TV realm.

Spoiler

In all seriousness, I haven't been on TV, but I have been on local newspaper a few months ago. It was around Christmas, and it was about reminding people that pets are a lifetime commitment and not just something to get as a Christmas present.

Yep! :mlp_yeehaa: Both of my brother's archery competitions in 2015, they won first place and third place, and I got to have my picture taken with them even though I didn't compete. That picture made it's way to the front column of the county's local newspaper. 

I was on the news for a split second during footage of Princess Diana arriving for the opening of a shopping precinct in my town. I won a primary school contest to be at the opening with a few others. I still have the footage of it on an old VHS tape somewhere. That's the only thing that comes to memory.

Anything in the future would probably be along the lines of this:

041.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Had the opportunity to be on TV last year. It was for a TV show/Documentary about dogs with a focus on their upbringing. We'd been emailed by the production company and everything saying that my dog was just what they were looking for, and they wanted me specifically so that they could market towards my age-range/demographic. Ended up declining the offer, since I really had no desire to be on TV.

• 2 years later...
(edited)

I was in the local newspaper when I was six for getting a drama certificate, (Clearly there was nothing else happening that week.) and then I was on a kids news channel for a school thing we did on road safety. :twismile:

Edited by TomDaBombMLP
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I haven't, but there is an interesting story about my parents. Several years ago it happened that they left a mop on the balcony for the winter, and in spring some birds made a nest on it. My parents told their friends about it, and one of them had connections in the TV. So in the end my parents were on TV, talking about that bird nest. Here are some photos of it, in case you're interested:

Spoiler

P1090842.thumb.JPG.41458e7d6c5fcc206291ad9baf36cc34.JPG

_4jaja.JPG.9b494c44ed606b042adafd17f619904d.JPG

p1.JPG.f656ceb87ad03750207ffe6188326cb3.JPG

p2.JPG.bb5b697d228a63100099d3bf621f7594.JPG

Edited by PawelS
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...