Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

technology How fast is your internet?

InfectedPone

Pretty crummy, very hit or miss.

It's because my desktop is using a wireless adapter, and my moden and only cable is on the other side of my house, hooked up to my home phone, the fact that my house is practically the size of a warehouse doesn't help either  :okiedokielokie:

My connection at home was fair at least 300-400 kB/s of download speed. One of my aunt's and my friend's house have a download speed with more than 1 megabyte per second, a pretty good one.

• Brohoof 1

(on phone so can't post pic)

I get 10mb/s download, which is pretty fast for my area. About 1mb/s upload, still one of the fastest out of the people I know in my area... Damn we must have bad internet compared to the rest of the world XD

4327282229.png

It would likely be around 100 if I had my LAN cable hooked up.  This is just my wifi speeds.

Not too shabby, though.

~ Miles

This first speed test is from my ADSL2+ connection at home connected to a rural area telephone exchange:

4327292559.png

....and my Optus 4G connection from the local tower on the Hume Highway as you head into Marulan. These tests are from my 4G pocket modem and my 4G backup router:

4327297133.png

4327300728.png

So tempted to use my 4G connection on a full time basis, but Optus charge $10 for each GB you go over your allocated shared data allowance! (and it's the only National Broadband Network (NBN) comparable connection available in my area at the moment.)

Edited by rjrgmc28

(edited)

4092796640.png

That's the internet in my university's accommodation. God damn I miss that now I'm off. xD

For some reason a speedtest won't complete on my home connection, but the last time I tested it, I had 38mb/s download, 1.9 mb/s upload, and 6 ping to a server in London, which is <50 miles from me.

Edited by ponypowa96

• 1 year later...

Even though this thread has been dead for a long, LONG while, I might as well post my internet speed now that I've switched ISP's. I actually have decent internet now.

OE1vDYY.png

Edited by Sam Gideon

I have standard from Time Warner Cable. 16Mbps download speed. It's actually good considering it's just me and my bro using it most of the time, so multiplayer games run without a hitch. Our router needs replacing, though. It's old as hell, haha :P

My internet runs okay-ish. I recently changed providers but it hasn't really done much for me. This site in particular takes a long time to load, and sometimes it just dies altogether after I'm logged on, usually when I'm in the middle of a long post or answering my PMs.  :pout: Maybe I'll switch providers yet again. 

My internet runs okay-ish. I recently changed providers but it hasn't really done much for me. This site in particular takes a long time to load, and sometimes it just dies altogether after I'm logged on, usually when I'm in the middle of a long post or answering my PMs.  :pout: Maybe I'll switch providers yet again. 

Yeah, you should definitely get that looked into if switching ISP's has done nothing for you.

It might be the wires what run underneath your house, say your phone line. Either that or it could be at your local exchange.

Either way, make sure to get it looked into as I switched ISP's and my internet speed increased tenfold.

• 1 month later...

I just moved in a city called Pisa (The one with the Leaning Tower), in Italy 'cause university, and since italy is slowing moving towards the fiber, i decided that for my new home i would have a fiber subscription.
5636395924.png

holy spaghetti this is so much faster than the average (1.5 dl 0.7 up) italian connection that i was totally impressed when i downloaded the entire GTA V game in less than an hour

Edited by Crax

I'm just going to put it like this:

One minute, my internet is fast enough to stream 4K video. Then the next minute, it turns into a dial up simulator. Rinse and Repeat, and you have Virgin Media. :D