Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

To you? What is the WORST mlp fanfic of all time?

Brony Man

I've only read like maybe 3 or 4 fanfics, and maybe only one or two of those to completion, so I don't really have much to go off of for reference, but mostly because of it's prominence combined with its (to me, baffling) popularity and it's overall cringiness, my vote goes to My Little Dashie.  I read like one or two paragraphs into it before I 'nope'-d my way out of there.

I did watch that mini-movie that got made of it, and though it wasn't as bad as I expected it to be, it still made me do this at one particularly overly sappy moment.

post-31242-0-73192900-1434066898.jpg

I attempted to record my misfortune for the amusment of others, but I must have muted the mic on my webcam.

• Brohoof 2

My Little Dashie sucks. And I say this as a huge Rainbow Dash fan.

I've said it once and I'll say it again. It tries to make itself deep, serious and emotional when it's about a real life dude who finds a cartoon horse in the middle of nowhere

• Brohoof 7

(edited)

I would have to say most of the mature content and a few short stories with long block wall words....   Grammar stories don't matter to me as long as i can read them.

Edited by Rye Snoot
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Cupcakes.

Why would you write this? Why?

Runners-Up: Rainbow Factory, Cheerliee's Garden and Sweet Apple Massacre. Again, Why?

Edited by Red Cedar
  • Brohoof 4

(edited)

cupcakes along with everything horror based.  I've never read it but I know about it. why would someone even think of that!

Cupcakes.

Runners-Up: Rainbow Factory, Cheerliee's Garden and Sweet Apple Massacre. Again, Why?

Cheerilee's Garden :( That traumatized me the first time I read it, I couldn't even finish it :blink: Just the stuff it describes is beyond disgusting :eww:

A Grimdark / Gorefic fanfic is designed to be dark, violent, and scary. I think people are forgetting that fiction writers are allowed to take MLP in that direction. Easiest way to avoid them if you don't like that type of fandom content is not to read them. Problem might not be with the fic or the writer but the reader if they ignore that warning.  After all if Hostel and Saw can do to humans what Cupcakes and Cheerilee's Garden does for ponies then they're doing their job, being disturbing and scary reads. Who'd want to read a horror story that isn't really scary?

burton_x_my_little_pony_by_shepherd0821-

Sweet Apples Massacre I would say goes WAY too far to be shocking and was designed to be flat out offensive. Rumor is it wasn't even made by a brony but a trollish older brother to one.

Edited by Freewave
  • Brohoof 4

(edited)

I have no problem with Dark and/or Gore stuff. Infact, i like em. Even some of the more...Questionable ones. But what "Fanfic" sets me off the most? The one "Fanfic" that i hate so much it makes me want to bang my head against the wall in hopes of getting amnesia and forgetting what horrors my eyes were forced to witness? Well, click on that thing right there to see.

Spiderses. Why? Let's just say i cringed every few words i read...

And why did I not choose a..."perverse" fanfic as the worst? Well, I tend to just completely ignore them, or skip those "sections" if it's a really good story. I don't like it, but that doesn't mean I will go around hating it.

Edited by Lord Bradley

The one you wrote. :okiedokielokie:

But seriously, I'd vote for most of the big name ones. All grossly overrated. But then I'm a literary prick and my tastes are overly discerning.

The one I'd say is the worst, purely due to the content of it is 120 days of Blueblood, I'm trying to read it through, but I honestly have to put it down a lot cause the content makes me queasy and uncomfortable, on the plus side, it is well written.

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

Well I don't like the clopfics at all but the dark or violent ones can pass through a sieve. For example, I couldn't read through Cheerilee's Garden, I made it at the end of the Scootaloo "part" but then I said: No. The very detailed torture is not my cup of tea, not cuz it disgusts me but the perspective of a story it's just a filler part, doesn't do anything that can keep my interest. In turn, Rainbow Factory was something I can say I liked. It was very well written(Not that Cheerilee's Garden wasn't but it was a very long story and I was bored to read all those circumstantial misery) and had very good lines I can appreciate.

Oh and the worst hm...Cupcakes.

Edited by Kerberossz

(edited)

Cheerilee's Garden :( That traumatized me the first time I read it, I couldn't even finish it :blink: Just the stuff it describes is beyond disgusting :eww:

Cupcakes.

I've never read any of these, but the things I've heard about them *shudders* :blink:   . I mean, we're talking about sweet, adorable ponies, not mass murders :( . Yes, I do understand that those that choose to write stories like that have a right to do so (just like it's my right not to read them), but it makes me wonder what would make someone want to. I feel the same way about Clopfics, I mean, we're talking about horses!  :eww:  But, that's just my opinion.  

Edited by 9th Doctor Whooves
  • Brohoof 3

I've never read any of these, but the things I've heard about them *shudders*    . I mean, we're talking about sweet, adorable ponies, not mass murders  . Yes, I do understand that those that choose to write stories like that have a right to do so (just like it's my right not to read them), but it makes me wonder what would make someone want to. I feel the same way about Clopfics, I mean, we're talking about horses!    But, that's just my opinion.

Kinda agree with you. Whilst I like reading dark, adventure or even violent ones , I think it would be better not to write heinous ones, but ofc this makes the fanfics more various.

-Cupcakes 

-Rainbow Factory

-Anything with OC x Canon.

-Anything with Sparity,TroubleJack,CaraJack,SoarDash,FlutterMac,FlashLight,ShiDance,Shining Sparkle,AppleMac,and AppleBurn.

-Humans/MLP crossovers

-Any fic that stays too close to the tone of the show.

(edited)

Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons 

yeah that's right I said it 

shoot me 
stab me 
hang me 
just outright murder me 

I don't care

As someone who is trying to write a Fallout Equestria Sidestory and make it original and good, I can't ignore all the idea's Project Horizons has already used and how much is has poisoned the FoE fanbase. I hate this story so much, mainly because of its mistreatment of it's main character, and it doesn't feel like Fallout nor MLP. If anything, it feels more like, Deus Ex with horses. Also, it constantly assaults your emotions with cheap tactics to get you to feel sorry for the characters that shouldn't work, but do for some inexpiable reason. Lastly, over 2,000,000 words?! Are you fucking kidding me!?!?

And on a side note, I actually think Cupcakes is quite good. Just becuase Pinkie kills Rainbow Dash dosen't mean, ERAHMAHGURD WARST THANG EVUH!!!!11!       

Edited by Zantetsuken
  • Brohoof 1

-Cupcakes

-Rainbow Factory

-Anything with OC x Canon.

-Anything with Sparity,TroubleJack,CaraJack,SoarDash,FlutterMac,FlashLight,ShiDance,Shining Sparkle,AppleMac,and AppleBurn.

-Humans/MLP crossovers

-Any fic that stays too close to the tone of the show.

Agreed with most, but no OC x Canon? Most people, including me, don't make them to fulfill a personal desire to be with that character, but to make the character more relatable and easy to grow on as is the regular canon characters.

• Brohoof 1

My Little Dashie.

Why? Because it made me, a grown man with hair on his chest, cry like a baby...  :(

But, seriously, I hate any fics that involve "Soldiers from Planet X (usually Earth) end up in Equestria and either befriend the ponies or go on a non-stop killing spree."

• Brohoof 1