Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you do when when you can't sleep?

Pixie Doodle

What is this.. "Sleep" you speak of.. :/

Jokes aside, being unable to fall asleep is frequent for me.. I usually spend ages keeping myself occupied, playing video games, watching a movie/show/Youtube, or looking at funny pinterest pins and saving them so i can show others them later :P

But at other times when i really need to sleep I lay in bed, think about a scenario involving my OC in Equestria.. and some things that I think of are really interesting.. I should consider maybe writing a few down.. Like the one with the cursed temple.. I can't believe my own imagination actually creeped me out.. :huh:

I'm getting a bit off topic :lol: But yeah.. A: Do stuff to keep my occupied, or B: Think of stuff while in bed.. Something interesting that i can think about before i fall asleep..

Edited by AURAequine

I browse a few different forums (different ones for different moods, mostly)

I watch YouTube videos or TV Series

Measure my heart rate (weird I know)

Just some things I could think of

Forums until I'm tired. Once I start falling asleep, I put the iPad on the charger, crawl back into my nest, and hopefully collapse into sleep.

I'd answer this, but it's not really SFW. :blush: It does tire me out enough to fall asleep though. ;)

Totally not the my backup plan >.>

I think we've all been there :P

I grab a pencil and write in my old, worn-out notebook that I've had for years. I write about what makes me sad and what makes me mad and what wonderful thing happened in my life that day and what I hope I can dream about. Sometimes I write for an hour, sometimes three, but I tend to nod off by then.

When I don't, I stay up and try to do something more productive.

At the moment I'm finding that leaving my TV on in the background while I sleep helps me. I know it's not really the best option for the electricity bill and all that, but if it helps me sleep, then I'm not bothered.

I've noticed though that sometimes it doesn't work all that much. Sometimes I go to sleep in pure darkness and silence and it works.

Overall I'm just having sleeping problems in general and I haven't quite found that perfect solution just yet. It's like I'm still experimenting.