Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How often do you drink pop / soda?

Guest90210

135 users have voted

1. 1. How much pop do you consume on average?

• None. I don't drink pop
    • I rarely drink pop. Maybe a glass or so for special events
    • A can or two per month
    • A can or two per week
    • Around 1 can or bottle per day
    • Several cans or bottles per day
    • Pop is the only beverage that I drink

It fluctuates really. Like for the past few weeks, I've been drinking about a can a day. But then there's times where I go like months without drinking any. I love soda, though. Pepsi and Coke are both amazing, and Dr. Pepper sucks. At least we're not drinking energy drinks. No shit, those things'll give you kidney stones. There was a study done recently that found a butt load of teens and young adults who were drinking like a can of energy drink a day were getting kidney stones. Crazy, huh? Especially considering kidney stones are something that people shouldn't be getting until like age 60 or so. I personally hate energy drinks, and find anyone who can drink a can a day an idiot. But I digress.

I love energy drinks!  But I don't drink that much of them anymore because of how unhealthy they are.

Soft drinks are quite a magical concoction, although extremely unhealthy. I'll have one on the order of maybe 2-3 times per year, but my parents would never have them in the house. I have to admit, I'm not unsatisfied with the decision there... A healthy lifestyle is more important in my opinion.

As much as I love sodas, I hardly drink them anymore.

I used to have sodas almost every day, but now I only drink them on the weekends or on special occasions. Since I started doing this, I've generally felt better and healthier than before.

Also, I stopped enjoying a lot of sodas recently. Nowadays I don't really like a lot of junk foods.

• 3 years later...

Only once a week at most...I used to drink soda close to everyday but I've really cut down on it. I don't want kidney stones....or diabetes. 

Hardly at all these days. It's kinda funny - I always thought that once I gained the freedom to do so, I would drink soda at every opportunity possible. Now I can have as much as I want but I mostly just drink water lol

i don't like being old

I'll usually drink it a few times a week, but I'm trying my best to avoid as much of it as I can lately.

(edited)

I try to cut sugar where I can so most of the soda I drink is diet. I mean, it's just something I can sip on while working, browsing, etc. So a few cans per week but it changes to a few to none at all. I even drink the diet Monster cans or drink that Bang! Pre-workout stuff, too. I use a straw when I do, though. Stuff makes my teeth feel weird and I don't like it.

I also drink a lot of water. Especially alongside those energy drinks.

Edited by Doctor Derpy

Probably about a can or two per week when I go the pub but that's mixed with Rum, I don't often drink pop/soda on it's own now. Used to drink a lot more fizzy drinks when I was younger but hardly drink that much of them now.

I used to drink waayyyy too much. Like it was really bad. I'd have it when I woke up, first break at work, lunch at work, second break at work, when I got home, before I went to bed. And sometimes that was bottles instead of just cans. D:

As I've probably made all too obvious, a few years ago I switched to unsweetened sparkling water and haven't even had the urge for pop since. Of course, unsweetened sparkling water took a lot of adjusting to because it is as bitter as can be at first, but it didn't take long for me to no longer taste that bitterness. I always thought it was the sugar of pop that kept me addicted, but it was actually the carbonation, and sparkling water has that covered for me.

The only thing that sucks about sparkling water is that it is not available at most restaurants, so I just have to have regular water with my meals when I'm out, when I love carbonated drinks with food. Come on businesses, get with it!

46 minutes ago, Envy said:

The only thing that sucks about sparkling water is that it is not available at most restaurants, so I just have to have regular water with my meals when I'm out, when I love carbonated drinks with food. Come on businesses, get with it!

if a restaurant says they don't have sparkling water, try asking for soda water

it's essentially the same thing, except it's been carbonated artifically rather than naturally