Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Games you can beat in a day?

Mothra

Ahem...

Halo CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST, Halo: Reach, Halo 4.

If you think I play too much Halo... You're right, but not because I'm addicted, I just used to be obsessed with it, so I'm a god at speedruns and just playing it normally.

• 3 weeks later...

Any 2D Mario game from Super Mario Land onwards (I suck at the first three and Lost Levels x3), Kirby's Adventure, Super Mario 64, Star Fox 64 and Luigi's Mansion. I'm about average/less than average at them all, but they're pretty short games, so I'd probably have time to spare after beating them. :catface:

Edited by YourSillyPoneh~

Any CoD game, Battlefield game. Basically most shooters. Not to say that's bad though, I can beat Spec Ops: The Line in one day, but it's an incredible game for one sitting, which makes up for the short game length

I usually steer clear of short games but sometimes they can surprise me 

• Brohoof 1

I once beat Half Life 2, Episode 1, and Episode 2 one right after the other in a single day. It was definitely a sight to behold.

I've also beaten Portal and Portal 2 in a day, the Crysis trilogy in a day, Mirror's Edge five times in a row in a day, and the campaigns for Battlefield 3 and 4 in a single day.

Come to think of it, I might need a new hobby... :huh:

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Portal 1, I finished that game in 90 minutes on my last playthrough lmfao.

GTA 4's DLC TBOGT, I think when I had it on PS3 I finished it in 3 hours.

I'm not sure if this counts, but I finished GTA 5 on PC in 2 days. (I don't know my hours exactly tho)

Serious Sam, I can beat one game in a day, maybe two if I have nothing to do.

Gunpoint. Fun game but it's story was only 3 hours..

Portal 2, I replayed it recently and finished it in ~6 hours in one sitting..

• 3 years later...
(edited)

Most NES/SNES era games, but to be fair, most of those were designed to be able to be completed in a single sitting because lack of save files and whatnot.

Edited by Cash_In

Spore. I completed it in 4 or 5 hours.

cell stage:11m03s20
creature stage:46m02s72
tribal stage:55m14s40
civil stage:41m50s69

I did a stream completing the game but unfortunately only captured 1 hour

Not counting space stage as it has no end

On 9/13/2015 at 1:03 PM, Mesme Rize said:

Probably The legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.

Funny, because I DID finish that game in a day last time I played it :mlp_icwudt:. Not in one sitting (parents making me do shores and shit :dash:), but same day I defeated the demon pork :mlp_yeehaa:

I could also mention DK Country, most NES games (of course :dash:). I’m rarely the kind of person who stays and finish a game in one go tho :mlp_icwudt:

• 2 weeks later...

Most games made for the bygone eras can be done in a few hours. Plowed through many in the same sitting, though I generally don't. I like do a 100% run of Link to the Past in one sitting every couple of years. A lot of new games are easy to complete in only a few hours. It's only disappointing if the game sucks. So far, I've had good luck on that front.

• 1 year later...

Metro Exodus (but would get bad end) and Prototype 1/2

On 3/8/2019 at 10:56 AM, Dusknoir said:

I could easily beat all of the Borderlands games in a day if I tried

Woah, I spent 2 weeks to beat borderlands 2:blink:

• Brohoof 1

Star Fox and Star Fox 64, any of the early Mario games, Undertale, Always Sometimes Monsters, Wrestlemania the Arcade Game, any of the early Sonic games, Duke Nukem 3D, Streets of Rage series... Pokemon Puzzle Challenge if you're really good.

Edited by Pastel Heart
Forgot Rampage World Tour!

I could throw tons of NES titles, but games were designed to be played in a single run back then (there was no save feature on that console, with some very limited exceptions as far as I can tell; personally I never had a game that had actual saving). :mlp_icwudt: ... Although some did take multiple hours to finish, without even offering 'passwords' (codes you put to start from a certain level etc.).

For example 'The Fantastic Adventures of Dizzy' is a rather very long game, but once you know where what is, you'll fit in about 2 hours or so. I miss that game.

MegaMan Legends 2 on PS1 is also a pretty long game (takes about 20-25 hours in average to finish I'd say). If I remember correctly, it was Sunday - I woke up in the morning and beat it within a day. Played that masterpiece so many times...

Resident Evil 3 - Nemesis on PS1 is also a game I've completed in one go. I've beat it like 20+ times. :P

Games were so good back then, that beating them once was just not enough. :darling:

• Brohoof 1