Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why does Fluttershy still tolerate Angel?

ggg-2

Maybe because Angel wants to be treated more mature than the other animals so that Fluttershy doesn't see him as some defenseless creature? And he sometimes crosses the line on who gets whats fair and who's the boss of the house, yet Fluttershy doesn't want to take advantage over him because Angel will think that Fluttershy would see him as another animal, and she'll feel guilty for doing that or something.

Because he's a pet. As annoying as they portray Angel, every pet owner has been incredibly frustrated by their pet or pets on more than one occasion, and I think Angel is meant to parody the especially troublesome pet. 

Echoing Officer Killjoy's sentiment, to add as well, he also seems to be the one that is able to push Fluttershy into the direction she needs to go. In today's episode, would Fluttershy have gone to the lengths she did to scare her friends if Angel didn't direct or push her to those lengths? Today's episode was actually one of Angel's best performances in the series.

• Brohoof 3

Angel may be a bit pushy at times, but he still has Fluttershy's best interests at heart, and obviously cares for her. Just look at his behavior in Ponyville Confidential; one thing you do not do is make Fluttershy cry!

• Brohoof 6

Fluttershy was tough with the breezies because that was what they needed from her in terms of kindess, it was kinder to be hard on them and make them leave, then to allow them to stay where it wasn't safe for them.  Angel is an entirely different case, besides, she loves him, it's that simple...  

• Brohoof 1

If you look at everything Angel does throughout the entire show, you'll see that he's nice to Fluttershy at least as often as he's mean to her.

He's not nearly as bad as the fans make him out to be. There are like two or three episodes where he's a jerk, and the rest of the time he's tolerable or even helpful.

43085__safe_fluttershy_animated_cute_cry

• Brohoof 3

I think an unpopular opinion of mine is that I really like Angel.

Yes, I know.. He is a jerk, selfish and pushy.

But Angel often gives Flutterhsy the necesarry boosts she needs.. If it is taking action or standing up for herself.

My little sadist inside me also shows when I see Angel "tormenting" the mane six, what can I say? I love me some mad ponies.

• Brohoof 1

Honestly he is my favourite pet out of the pets of the mane 6. He looks out for her and puts her best intrests forward. He may be pushy spoilt but their relationship is the most dynamic and fun.

Because she knows if she really pisses him off, she's gonna die slowly and painfully... haha, just joking. Really, as many pointed out already, while he can be a jerk, he's also sometimes supportive and loving towards her. He's pretty much the equivalent of a naughty toddler... sometimes hard to deal with, sometimes a source of more d'ahhs than all the puppies and kitties in the world combined.

Angel loves her, but he also is sort of like Fluttershy's babysitter in a way. Like she takes care of him, but there are many times where Angel has to be the one to keep Fluttershy together.