Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How's your memory?

Cirrus.

I'm cleaning for the new year and found an old wave radio I got from work and was just looking it up on eBay to see if it's worth fixing. I somehow remembered it's model number. :huh:

Model numbers are something I usually end up remembering for no particular reason with almost no effort. Muscle memory is something I'm good at too. (remembering what I had to do to fix something once before.)

Something I'm bad at is new names. I REALLY have to make an effort to try and remember names, especially at parties/gatherings where I meet new people. It's really a challenge not to forget someone's name and look like an idiot. :please:

I can usually remember if I've met someone before by their face.

So what about you guys? How's your memory?

What things are you good at remembering? What types of things are you bad at remembering?

Edited by Cirrus.
  • Brohoof 5

I'd say my memory is pretty good, sometimes too good. Often I'll remember that someone told me they would do something, but then they don't do it because they "forgot". It's difficult for me to comprehend that so I'll usually get upset :c. The plus side is that I'm absolutely a man (woman?) of my word, no matter how long it takes.

I think my memory is the only reason why I do real well in school. Tests are almost always based on how much you can remember; if they actually tested my intelligence somehow I probably wouldn't do that good :wacko:. Similarly, I'm great at remembering foreign vocabulary/grammar so languages are easy for me.

I also have a knack for remembering odd details of things that happened years ago.

My short-term memory, on the other hand, is definitely not as good. Sometimes I'll forget what somebody told me just a few minutes ago :/. Then I'll remember it the next week :lol:

• Brohoof 3

I have a pretty good memory, the furthest back I can remember is my fourth birthday... But as to remembering things such as Googling something well, then I have trouble because I ALWAYS think to do something when I'm already in bed and I try to remember it. Then I wont remember it until I'm in bed the next night....

• Brohoof 2

I consider my long term memory to be very good. Short term memory...well, I tend to be absent minded and often ask the same questions over again.

• Brohoof 3

I can always remember useless information, but when it comes to something tedious like remembering to do my dishes or laundry, I seem to consistently forget.

Why, Brain? Why?

• Brohoof 3

I have vivid memories of 5th grade science and I know how proper treatment for a ton of lethal diseases, however I can't remember a damned thing from last year's college algebra class (except for that my professor sucked). I guess you could say that it's very on-and-off.

• Brohoof 1

I got good memory of things that I'm interested with, but things that interest me less, specially concerning other people's, I'm worse than a slowpoke, names being more common

• Brohoof 1

For some reason I tend to remember things that occured in the past that may or may not be important...but I can't even remember what I would be doing or think about doing a minite ago :derp:

• Brohoof 1

I can remember pointless trivia, like that the first 45 M4 Sherman tanks had circular engine air filters that generated so much heat they could melt leather, but then I can't remember important stuff, like where I left my keys. Seems to be a fairly typical problem with a lot of people  :lie:

• Brohoof 2

I only have problems remembering stuff like names and where new people live - and a few random locations // probably because it's of least importance, lel.  :unsure:

EDIT: And the ketchup [totally not me, bro. InosewherezIputit]!

Ask me that one license plate on that one silver Hyundai Elantra I saw two days ago? I can give it to ya.

Ask me what you just told me to do with the sugar and butter? Well, how am I supposed to know?

• Brohoof 1

Uh, wait a minute.

*looks up definition for 'memory'*

Oooh, that word. Right. Mine is....random as hell. There are very oddly specific things in my life that I can vividly remember, many random little events or moments I can recall so easily, moments from my childhood and such. Then, when I need to remember something from about 10 minutes ago, my mind may just let the information slip away. Get's kinda annoying. :P

• Brohoof 4

I have an extremely vivid and usually accurate long-term memory but a poor short-term memory. I might try to put strange things in the refrigerator if I'm really distracted, but it hasn't gotten so bad that I wouldn't notice what I was doing. I usually take in visual and written information better than things people might happen to say and expect me to remember.

I'm better with faces than names, and I can remember almost exactly where I was any given time and what I and anyone else was doing depending on one factor: what I ate. I can remember all the best and worst meals I've eaten and this guides my recollection of all my travels better than say, that one National Monument of Whatever or that one house some famous person died in.

Edited by SpiritoftheRadio

My memory is a mixed bag. I can remember pictures, places, locations and people with a great deal of clarity... at first. If i don't access that part of memory for a while however it slowly changes itself by adding details from various connotations i had associated with that memory.

• Brohoof 1

My long term memory is as solid as a relatively decent sized boulder. What goes into there gets remembered for as long as it needs. I still remember pi to the 42nd digit after learning it several years ago despite never needing the area or circumference of a circle that precise.

However, my short term memory is utter shit. You could introduce yourself to me and id have forgotten your name about 30 seconds later. Or I'll be coding away, come across a bug in testing, go back to my code and then... Wait, what the hell was I doing again? Oh yes, more performance improvements! Scumbag garbage collector in my brain, wiping out data before im done using it...

I have pretty good memory. If I want to remember something, I will, but I'm also just as good at forgetting things if I don't have a desire to remember. 

Edited by El Duderino

I have perfect memory... well when it comes to stuff like gaming... as for real life my memory I'd say is average or a little bit above i can recall events as far back as when my blood sister was born... I never lose anything because I never forget where they are... and I have a perfect sense of direction, meaning I can never get lost... the only things I cant remember are boring and useless stuff... like majority of high school (well except 12th grade... I actually liked 12th grade)