Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How's your memory?

Cirrus.

I remember a lot of things very well, like names, people's schedules at work, etc. but when it comes to memorizing specific knowledge of academic subjects it doesn't go well for me at all. =(

Oh wow, my memory... That is a really weird topic for me.

My memory is pretty bad. I sometimes remember things from who knows how long ago, but for the most part, I can't even remember things from a week ago.

I can't remember names. I can't remember faces. It takes a huge miracle before I can remember people, and if I do, I would need to see to you at least once a week before I start to forget.

My short-term memory isn't very good at all. My long-term on the other hand is quite good. I will remember pointless random things. I will say stuff like "Remember the day we had chips from the fish shop then went to the park and your sister said..." which happened 10 years ago. My friends don't normally remember random days like that :P

I'm terrible at remembering dates though. I had to ask my mum when my nephew's birthday was yesterday.

Edited by Conspiracy.

My ability to memorize things is inversely proportional to how important said thing is. If it's completely useless I'll remember it forever. If it's very important, I'll forget it within a minute. Aside from that I never remember people's names until I've heard them several times or I spend a lot of time with that person. If neither happens, that person just ceases to exist for me.

My memory is like the worst! I feel so bad about it too, I always forget what I did the day before,where I put important items, and like everything people tell me.

My memory is pretty good at the moment, I managed to memorize all I needed for a test in 15 minutes (and got a 97). I'm used to memorizing scripts from drama classes, so it gives me practice. I can also remember a lot of events far back to when I was only 2-3, so that's good.

I'm a bit of a klutz though, so I constantly forget non-factual information (i.e. Losing things, forgetting when projects are due).

Unfortunately, I'm practically destined to get Alzheimer's as it runs in my family, so that great(ish) memory will one day cease to exist. I don't talk a lot about this, but it's the scariest thing ever to lose memory as I've seen my Grandma slowly lose it in the last five years.

My memory is so selective it's not even remotely funny

As an example, I can:

-Name all the characters of the Fire Emblem games without breaking a sweat. I can also name their eugenics, best pairings, stats, weapons, etc... again, without problem. Hell, sometimes I like to pass my time inventing new strategies to beat those games as fast as I can.

-Sing lyrics from songs that I may have only heard once or twice, as long as they can be catalogued as "remotely interesting to me", even if the song isn't that catchy.

-Learn entire languages at an alarming speed. Just give me a bit of time and some motivation and I will be fluently speaking that language in a matter of days/weeks.

But then, there are things that I can't remember, like:

-The stupid shopping list. I swear I forget something all the time.

-Heavy studies material. Even if I start studying with a lot of time prior to exam, it just won't enter my head, no matter what I try.

-Important dates. Some are easier to remember than others, but I am guilty of forgetting many birthdays just because "I couldn't remember it"

All in all, my mind works with two sets, which are "things that I like" and "things that I don't". The ones that I like are the ones that stay in my mind, no matter what, while those that I don't like are the ones that are more prone to be forgotten, either by accident or by my own will.

• Brohoof 2

I have a really good memory imo, but there are some things that I literally cannot cope with learning, such as maths...

But when I'm in a stressful situation, my mind gets blanker than Applebloom's flank in S1

• Brohoof 1

It really depends on what I'm trying to remember. My short attention span doesn't help much either. There was this one time where I was supposed to be studying for chemistry, but ended up looking up programming terminology for this one JavaScript-based game that I was trying to make, and I wasted an entire hour and a half. Well not really wasted, I had some Doritos, and you can't go wrong with those, and I did get lunch... Subway 5-dollar footlong. I can still remember what kind it was, mainly because I kept getting the same one over and over because I develop eating habits pretty regularly like that. Of course, since I've stopped getting Subway cards from my rich relatives, I've stopped getting Subway. But that doesn't mean I don't like it, it's just super expensive now.

...Wait, what was the original question again?

My memory's good. The only times I seem to forget things are when I do em subconsciously/mechanically, like leaving my keys on the desk, going off to do something else, then returning and attempting to leave my keys at the desk again, but not finding them and wondering where they are, then rememberinug I already left them there. :P

Other than that, I tend to retain information for a long time, especially if it's important.

Everyone, even my teachers, said that I have one of the best memories. That I can "remember everything I hear". After, for me I feel  like my memory is normal but I know I got a memory based on hearing. I still forgot a lot of things

Oh no no no. I have terrible terrible memory. "Studying" and "taking test" don't mix well with me (Although I still manage to have good scores) but stuffing all that (useless) information into my head takes a while. 

Almost everyone I know tells me that's my worst asset. Borrowing things, texting and calling people back, remembering birthdays and such...don't count on me for it DX. I promise I'm not doing it on purpose, my mind would just rather be somewhere else at the time  :D.

Strangely enough, I ALWAYS remember names. Even if I never see you again. If you tell me your name,  I'll remember it. 

- I can usually remember people's names in real life even if I don't know them.

- Movie/tv crew names (writers, directors, etc) are pretty easy for me to remember.

- I can remember lyrics to rap songs insanely easily. I don't know how I do it.

- Most of the time, I can remember my friends' birthdays.

- I find it easy to remember small details about people.

- Dialouge in some movies or TV shows.

I can do all that, yet remembering things for school (aka the important stuffz) is a pain in the ass.

Edited by PonyLaces

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I used to remember all the words in the Bring group (vocabulary). I used to remember all the colors in the rainbow, and their sub-colors.

Nowadays however, my age (being 110 years old), I can only keep 2 memories in my mind at the same time. It is sad, but I can live with it!

Mine is terrible. I have hard time remembering knowledge for school for a long period, I have terrible face and name memory (took me about 2 months to remember my all 12 classmates when I transfered to other school), I even can't remember my parents' birthdays. Also with my general clumsyness I often forget to do things like once I'd been buying an eraser for 2 weeks because I kept forgetting about it despite passing a store every day

My memories isn't great as it used to be. It's feel more like a mush and my attention span is shorter. Probably due to aging or lack of motivation. 

My memory is okay. Memorization isn’t easy, but things like people I knew from long ago, full names, eye colors, birthdays, specific conversations, and things I’ve seen and done are pretty easy for me.