Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Seeking advice on whether to buy this expensive plush.

Core

Would you buy this Applejack plushie for 400$? 

Im thinking of doing it, but I don't know if it's gonna be worth it :o

NB! Im not trying to sell anything here! Im just getting some free advice if I should buy this or not! 

post-36648-0-43854100-1453129850_thumb.jpg

Edited by Core
  • Brohoof 3

$400? Uh huh. While that is one of the cutest and most show accurate plushies I have ever witnessed, that price makes me give it a stern look.  :okiedokielokie: I definitely think that the craftsmanship is absolutely top-notch, but...it is far out of my budget. I would advise against buying it, unless you just happen to have $400 lying around having no other use whatsoever. 

• Brohoof 6

$400? Uh huh. While that is one of the cutest and most show accurate plushies I have ever witnessed, that price makes me give it a stern look.  :okiedokielokie: I definitely think that the craftsmanship is absolutely top-notch, but...it is far out of my budget. I would advise against buying it, unless you just happen to have $400 lying around having no other use whatsoever. 

What he said. I don't see the justification of $400 smackers, even for the awesomeness that that plushie. It's great looking, but I'm sure there's a way to get it for way less than that somehow. Have you tried negotiating a lower price with the creator?

• Brohoof 2

That's up to you really. Judging by the photos that looks like an incredibly well-made plushie, and knowing how much work goes into a hand-made plush like that, I don't blame the person for wanting a high price for it. If having that is genuinely worth $400 to you, then butyit (assuming doing so won't be financially damaging to you). If not, don't. Only you will be able to know whether or not you'll be feeling "buyer's remorse" after the fact.

For $400.00?

No. That'd be foolish in my opinion.

You can buy a just as nicely made AppleJack plush on Ebay for $20.00.

Edited by Venomous
  • Brohoof 2

If you have that much money to spare, I would like to mention option of buying all 4DE MLPFIM plushes instead of buying that one Applejack plush as I would consider these toys to be of high quality especially considering their relative low price.

http://shop.4de.com/toys

Edited by Tsaritsa Luna
  • Brohoof 1

Former plushie maker here! I'd say it all depends on the size of the plushie!

It's made of minky, a very soft yet somewhat expensive fabric. The eyes and the cutie mark are machine-embroidered, which is great since embroidered features are very durable and pretty much never wear off. The plushie seems very well-crafted and it's clearly made of quality materials... But that still doesn't quite justify the price!

The price would be fair if this was a reaaallly big plushie. You know, like a meter tall. Otherwise, it's a rip-off.

• 2 weeks later...

I would never buy a plush, or anything remotely similar, for $400. I wouldn't even pay $100. Not worth it to me. The most I've ever spent on a MLP related item is $10.

But that's just me. If you value these kind of things more than me, then I can't tell you how much it is worth for you.

It's apparently a quality plush.  But how large is it?  I've seen people ask $2,000 for life-sized pony plushes.  If the AJ plush is anywhere near that large, $400 would actually lie on the lower end of the cost spectrum.  Personally, the most I've paid for a plush / vessel is somewhere between $80 and $90; a quite-large seated Rainbow Dash plush.  I genuinely have no regrets whatsoever. x3

$400? Although being the cutest plushie I've seen... $400? Do you know how much Mountain Dew I could've bought with that?

Ha, anyways, no. I'd never spend more than $75 on a plush.

Edited by MalignCynicalIce