Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Do you want children?

Member Berry

I really hate people in general and kids will be the cause of my insanity. So hell to the fuck no is the answer.

Why did you join a forum then? This is such a lazy answer. You probably dislike personal engagement not people.

I've met so many people who say they hate humanity and it hurts me. Apathy is terrible and selfish. It makes you a parasite to the world.

I sorta of don't know how to feel about having kids or not. One reason is because I'm a homosexual male, and it just seems like that could be hard on a kid growing up. Second, any kids of mine will never get to have a mother in their life. I hope this isn't going to offend anyone, just my personal dilemma. :kindness:  

I would like at least one more kid myself.

My idea was to have three or four kids. I have two already. I planned to have one more with my fiance, but fate was unkind.

I admit, I was terrified of being a father because I was not sure I would be good at it. However, my fiance was always supportive saying that "You're a great father!" and always communicating with me. She would keep my spirits high by telling me what everyone thought of how I took care of the kids and even let me know if there was something I could do different or critique. I love my kids and I even feel I can maintain a lifestyle while also supporting them (they come first, but I have to be true to myself so they can emulate their role model). 

Eventually I do want some rascals (Despite me actually REALLY wanting a baby right now, I'm not gonna have one this early).

I want biological and adopted children (2 biological, 2 adopted maybe?) I do know that I definetely want to at least adopt two kids. One of my family members work in child protection/foster care and it's so horrible what some of them have been through at the hands of their "parents". I want at least two biological kids too (Big family for me ^^). It might be hard work but oh well.

I look forward to being a mother more so than a wife  ^_^

My first thought when thinking about having kids is just simply no. I'm not really a fan of kids or babies but the thought of possibly having a son or daughter look up to me and having someone I can share my knowledge with makes me think otherwise, though i doubt that would happen.

So no I don't want kids. Plus i would have to get through the baby and toddler stage... I don't like babies or toddlers. 

Modern society would most likely frown on how I'd raise a child. This being said, modern society is obviously broken. Not that any other generation of society has been better. This being said, I do indeed hope to have kids some day. Preferably one child. That child being a daughter. I'm a doting father type, so I would have a little princess, and as soon as she started dating, a criminal record..... ;D

Man, my most recent visit at Universal, convinced me even further I don't want any. My youth is filled with missed oportunities because my douchy environment didn't even allowed me to have, so I've missed alot. I want to fulfill those desires to my heart content, and having children will doom me to not ever have them

At this point, definitely not. I myself am very much a child at heart and I have lots of different issues, so raising a child would be far out of my ability. I am just not good with kids at all, as odd as that may sound. Maybe one day down the line I will change my mind, maybe, but for now, lotta nope. 

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

YES!!!! I want to many children! I am about to graduate to be a kindergarten teacher AND I work at Build-a-Bear workshop as a party host and bear builder, so you can only imagine how much I love kids!  :wub:  My fiancé and i want 4!

• Brohoof 1

Eh... I >kinda< want kids? But at the same time, I'd probably be a terrible parent, so it's probably for the best that I don't. It'd be nice to be a mom, but I doubt it'd be a good idea.

(edited)

At this point I would say yes, but I can't a. get pregnant by my partner or b. get my partner pregnant so I guess it means adoption or MAYBE with a 0,1 % chance finding a good male to help.

If I do have a family, though, I would not want to live in the city but in a more rural area. While that may affect their social life, there are also some values that I want to ensure they receive so they do not fall to the many traps of the teenage years, obsession, and worse.

Since we're talking about genetics, that is one reason why I lower the chance of pregnancy so much more. I don't necessarily have the greatest. I'm more or less rapidly losing my eyesight (which appears to be partly genetic), I fall into depressed states regularly, and I don't look the prettiest. So yeahh

Edited by ARagY

Having children means you must have a lot of responsibility. You have to give up at least 20 years of your life to take care of another person. It would be tough work, especially early on. The thing is, if you raise them right, they should give you a lot of affection.

Kids aren't for everybody. People just either don't like kids or can't financially raise one, but that's ok. Not having kids doesn't mean you're binding a pact with the devil. It's just tough.

It isn't all that bad though. Some people think little kids and babies are cute. (Not me personally) Others think the older kids or teens can be close to an adult friend. It definitely is rewarding once they grow up, but it's a long and epensive process.

All and all, I'd love to have kids. It would be a little me and a little love of my life combined into one tiny human. If I have to, adopting wouldn't be so bad either. Maybe I could adopt the older kids who'll never be adopted.

• Brohoof 1

I would love to have children someday. Raising a child is probably very harsh to do but raising them and making them grow into a fine adult would be something so fulfilling and satisfying that I couldn't imagine any bigger happiness.

They would basically be all I could offer and honestly, having a child and raising that child properly would definitely make me value my own life a lot more, for being able to create something that I could be proud of.

No; I don't particularly care for children. With how I currently am I value my personal space, free time, and hobbies; all of which were to suddenly decrease if I were a father. That may sound like I am selfish, and I will admit to being somewhat self-centered, but I contend that it is better to admit that right now than to get into a relationship while still holding such beliefs. If you hide that under the belief that being self-centered while in a relationship is a good thing; you're in for some hard times and will be unfair to your child and partner.

However, as time marches on perspectives change and we evolve in regards to changing situations. Who knows; I may end up finding a life partner whom I can share love with, and maybe even conceive a child. Anything is possible.

• Brohoof 2