Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why are so many bronies leaving?

SilverStarApple

Losing interest in the fandom over time, maybe? I know I've lost interest. I'm only staying here cos of my friends on here, really.

• Brohoof 3

Fandom cycles. Thats how it goes.

That said. If others move on it doesn't take too much effort to stay in contact with the friends you made even if they don't watch the show.

After all, some of my contacts are fans of shows I've not even bothered watching dispite the hype they get. I'm still their friend. 

• Brohoof 4

I guess the interest in the fandom was reduced. Maybe, idk. I can tell you i prefered seasons 1 and 2, past 3rd season I started taking less interest in the show in general. Maybe it's the same for others. They'll come, and they'll go, eventually.

• Brohoof 1

Bronies leave and new come. That's the simple story of every fandom. We just notice the once leaving, because we don't know anything about the new ones.

i think people worry about that too much. The fandom isn't dying, it just established it itself. It's kinda like being married freshly. At first, it's the greatest feeling in the world. After a year or two, it becomes routine to be with your partner, because you're together for awhile now.

• Brohoof 12

This happens in peaks and valleys every season and has since I joined in S2. People lose interest in the show, they find new hobbies to spend their time on, maybe even Real Life gets involved. Still, people leaving in droves isn't anything new for this fandom or most fandoms in general.   

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Clearly there is one reason and one reason alone that our brethren have left en masse.

It is the same reason Donald trump ran for president...and the reason I forgot my ID  card at home causing me to be unable to enter my university today. D:<

ONE.REASON.

v0m6o25.jpg

Edited by Crescent
  • Brohoof 8

People slowly lose interest in certain things, for people who joined say 4 years ago, they've been in the fandom a while, and they may just focus on different things now, maybe they aren't interested in using a forum for this particular interest too. just my two pence in the matter XD

• Brohoof 3

I think it has to do with with how the show changed. I mean, like or dislike the show as it is right now but there's no denying that it's completely different from what it once was. The down to earth lessons that were being taught in season 1 til 3 are now very far and between and it looks like the writers are trying to please the bronies more and more (a backstory for the background characters? Really?!)

While I still enjoy the show, it's not hard to see why people get turned of from it

• Brohoof 2

Sometimes it's just life. People get busy, get more responsibilities, move on, change jobs, graduate, get married, etc. ... and with life changes come inevitable changes with how people spend their time. I know for me, the fandom isn't a priority in the grand scheme of my life. I come here when I have free time and want to do something light-hearted and fun. But I'm an adult. I have many other things that have to come before my internet fun.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

I think it has to do with with how the show changed. I mean, like or dislike the show as it is right now but there's no denying that it's completely different from what it once was. The down to earth lessons that were being taught in season 1 til 3 are now very far and between and it looks like the writers are trying to please the bronies more and more (a backstory for the background characters? Really?!)

While I still enjoy the show, it's not hard to see why people get turned of from it

Not exactly. After season 3 the lessons and morals were implied (The Lost Treasure of Griffonstone) rather than directly stated (A Dog and Pony Show). More focus on entertaining the audience was also put in more than it really should. We as the fandom need to remind Hasbro to put the "moral and friendship" effort of S1-S3 back in though.

Edited by Shabb3r
  • Brohoof 1

Not exactly. After season 3 the lessons and morals were implied (The Lost Treasure of Griffonstone) rather than directly stated (A Dog and Pony Show). More focus on entertaining the audience was also put in more than it really should. We as the fandom need to remind Hasbro to put the "moral and friendship" effort of S1-S3 back in though.

How about both? Why do Morals, that i as a 26 year old already know, need to stand above the entertainment? I am not exactly watching the show, to be talked down to for 22 minutes.

Besides, the morals are still there. The saddle row review was a great episode, about using your abilities as a friend, to help other friends. So, it's not like the morals aren't there. I like the fact that it's also entertaining and not just a preschool program.

• Brohoof 3

Mmmm, well I only left the fandom because I rarely watch the show now. Don't get me wrong, I still love those cute rainbow horses and I'll reblog art of it once in a while. But that's about it. I'm never on this site anymore because I have other ways to contact my friends. There's just other shows and fandoms that have my interested peaked. But I was with the show for five years, I feel like that's an accomplishment.

• Brohoof 1

Because they don't watch the show as much as they used to.

I remember watching like, 1 episode everyday. Now I only watch the new episodes when they come out. But I've been planning on going on a re run marathon sometime.

I just found something better to watch.  :derp:  For me personally. ( even though i will probably never leave )

As for others...maybe getting tired of the Show because it already has 6 seasons and seems to just keep going or they just found something else to watch, like me.

Or they got banned.

• Brohoof 1

This thread appears to be related to the My Little Pony franchise and/or the Bronydom in general. Thus, it has been sentenced to Sugarcube Corner.

• Brohoof 2

That's just how things are; people discover a new interest, are fully passionate in the beginning but over time that interest either becomes bland or less enthusiastic as they used to be.

With my experience, I just didn't find MLP as exciting as it used to be around two years ago, before I joined here on the forums. Even if I'm not into ponies as much anymore, I still continue to be active around the site because my friends are here and the discussions are interesting.

eh, people do it. I mean, most of my friends left the fandom.. actually, all of them, did.

It really does suck not having much friends in the fandom anymore.

Maybe someday I will lose interest in the show, but I probably won't leave the fandom. Just because it's kinda special to me for many reasons.

• Brohoof 1

I'm wondering if some of them ran across the dark side of the fandom unprepared and got freaked out.

I was at first, but these days I just try not to think about it. It's the magic of the light side that keeps me about,

a reminder that even in Humanity's most dismal states...there is, something else...

• Brohoof 1

Its the ebb and flow of things. When it all started the fandom was this big new thing that stood out and fought against what people expected. Now that it is fairly accepted and is just another facet of the internet and is almost normal the people who were attracted by the oddity are leaving. In the end the brony fandom will do what the furry fandom did after its ground swell. Slowly settle down and begin to grow at a much slower but steady pace. 

• Brohoof 1