Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your opinions on Princess Cadance?

Nijtui5

She is, and will forever, be my favorite character of all. I loved her ever since she appeared in the first episodes. Why is it that no one likes her?

• Brohoof 3

I don't think it's true that no one likes her, but from what I've picked up on (this isn't necessarily my own view) a lot of people seem to feel that Shining Armor and Cadance were both kind of "shoehorned" (they did come out of nowhere), as well as being kind of bland/2D "perfect" cliche characters. Again, I don't dislike them myself, but I can see where these people are coming from.

• Brohoof 4

I like her! She was my favorite princess before Twilight was a princess, or somewhere around that time...then I liked all the princesses equally, but Twilight was still on a pedestal, being one of the main characters. But anyhow, it's nice to see some Princess Cadence/Cadance support. :love:

I think she's much better than both Luna and Celestia, but it maybe because of her voice. I could listen to her talk to me all day. That sultry voice.

• Brohoof 1

She's fine as a character but the reason I pick my favorite characters is relatability and character design (not just visual, like everything about them). Cadance isn't relatable for me and just isn't interesting enough as a character for me.

• Brohoof 2

Dark Horse sez,

Since you're talking about a character from the show, I've gone ahead and moved this thread to Show Discussion.

She's isn't JUST a character......if you know what I mean.

i like her good design and the voice is just so good. also the amount of shipping there is amazing besides that i like her not my fav pony but fairly high up the list

I like characters that are relatable and make me laugh. Cadance doesn't fit this category for me, although I have nothing against her. I just never felt attached to her in any way.

Huh? I love Cadence! I think it's very sweet that Twilight's beloved foal-sitter is now married to her brother. I thought it was wonderful when she greeted the mane six with "There are my girls!" in the episode "Games Ponies Play".

I don't think it's true that no one likes her, but from what I've picked up on (this isn't necessarily my own view) a lot of people seem to feel that Shining Armor and Cadance were both kind of "shoehorned" (they did come out of nowhere), as well as being kind of bland/2D "perfect" cliche characters. Again, I don't dislike them myself, but I can see where these people are coming from.

Indeed, and 4 seasons later, they haven't exactly shown many flaws, if any . It would be jarring if they were main characters, but thankfully, they are not, and they don't appear every 2 episodes to make that flaw too crippling on them 

I like Cadance a loooot so I'd be very happy if the show took the time to deepen her as a character. Altogether she's just such a lovely pony and I wish she could be fleshed out more so more people could appreciate her. And, y'know, so I could get more Cadance.

• Brohoof 2

I never had a problem with her, she's a perfectly fine pony. That said, I would like some more development with her, and perhaps some more bonding between her and Twilight.

• Brohoof 1

Hey everyone, most of the off-topic discussion has been hidden. This thread is about your views on Princess Cadance, please remember to keep on-topic. Thank you.

• Brohoof 4

Well... A small part of me loves Cadance because she's a pink unicorn thingy and she's a princess... OF LOVE. The concept is just SO girly and sweet that she seems like a parody. :'D The little girl in me enjoys that a lot!

On the other hand tho... Cadance seems pretty bland and Mary Sueish. I wish she was a bit more fleshed out, really!

• Brohoof 1

Princess Cadence is one beautiful mare and I kind of like her character but she's really lacking in the development area especially since we don't see her very often and I have to admit whenever I see her and Shining I just go "can we please move on to the important stuff".I'm not hating but I find the romance between Shining and Cadence a bit boring.

• Brohoof 1