Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What did you dream about last night?

I had this dream about taming monsters and trying to find a new house to live in with my mom and brother.  This one house was really cool, it was a mostly open concept on the first floor with a generous pantry, the bedrooms were all upstairs and there was even a open space where I was really excited over thinking I could just use it for sewing.  I was even jumping, I was so excited lol.  I don't remember much of the other houses we looked at but that one really stuck with me.  We were in this small yet familiar suburb and we were all looking through the city for a new home.  I kinda get the feeling that this is the same exact city where most of my other dreams happen, it's really weird I know but it feels really familiar.  Like, I see old landmarks from past dreams in new dreams and I even think back to old locations where dreams have happened before.  Like that one dream with the Asian guy and the comic shop?  I thought to myself in last night's dream about going there to get some comic books since they're just down the road a few blocks.  I even saw really old landmarks from dreams that I sorta remember having earlier this year...  It's really weird...

If you haven't seen Into The Spiderverse, I watched it yesterday (was planning to share with my mom but she left like 20mins into the movie to do really boring things) and highly recommend it.

Early this morning, I saw myself in that collider as one of the Spider-people there (guess you could call me Feather Spider?) and my superpower was electromagnetic field perception (*). There also was a villain in there, a kind of pearly-white lizard I hadn't seen elsewhere, which actually was a hologram.
Naturally none of us could fight a hologram, so while the other Spider-people battled their enemies, I drew the white lizard's attention to myself. Then I circled it, and with my EM sense, determined the projector's direction; repeat so I slowly approached its location. Eventually I found an "anomaly" where the projector must be, and sure the hologram tried to get in my way, but another Spider-man swooped in. I tore off that panel to reveal the projector, drawing the hologram's aggro again, so the other Spider-man smashed that projector lens.

(*) ah, electroception - that's the word

Edited by Feather Spiral
found the word for EM perception

• 3 weeks later...

Interestingly enough this one I remember quite well. I was at my job, although in my dream I seemed to work in a supermarket/warehouse. One of my coworkers pulled me aside and told me the way this man, a fellow coworker, treats me isn’t right. That he’s aware of his behavior and he keeps doing it because I let him get away with it. That I should go put him in his place. (Interestingly enough I actually work with this man irl and he causes me issues)I went off looking for him. Once I got to the area he was working at I woke up.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

First of all, hope everybody has a happy New Year!

Second, holy jesus fuck I haven't been here in forever... and yes, I've still been having weird dreams. And some with storytelling potential, which I wrote down in my journal + various themed files on my laptop for ease of use.

Like last night, I was in photography class, kneeling on my seat with pants and undies down... *ahem* aaanyway. It was just the basics intro course, where we discussed stuff like angle and lighting and backdrops. Then a student suggested presentation, such as putting small descriptive captions, either below/above or directly on the image.

In another recent dream, I started out in an airship of sorts, supported by a continuous layer of mottled clouds. As I stood on the deck's edge to watch the night sky, the cloud layer ended; as the ship's floor went past the cloud's edge, it fell apart. After dropping in the middle of a town, I stopped a boy's "crime" of paying money for merch instead of vandalizing the store, so the owner celebrated by breaking its windows himself.

Last week, I also dreamed of creatures in the night sky, made of galactic clusters leaving a trail of stars and green gas. Somebody evoked a legend about Hayao Miyazaki reaching out to those creatures, to which a girl replied it was silly and modern science explained stars. I told her, "just because we don't believe in mythologies anymore, doesn't mean we won't write more of them."

Before that, I remember dreaming of a werewolf named Mulhouse, who hung out with a vampire and a zombie whose names I forgot.

There are more, but this is all I'll share right now.~

I was in the grocery store and I got a call from my grandfather. My father was in the hospital, he wasn’t dead but his chance of survival was low. My mother had apparently went insane at the hospital. I was devastated over what happened with my dad and my grandfather and I got into an argument on the phone. Which lead to him hanging up on me. I ended up dropping to me knees and just getting lost in all these negative thoughts inside the grocery store.

I woke up not long after that.

I can’t remember the second dream I had last night. Something about tarot cards and demons.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had (at least) four distinct dreams last night, at least two of them were Terraria-related as I've been playing it a lot lately (even staying up till midnight or so). I don't remember them though, just one of the other two.

Parents and I were on a picnic, napping in the cool breeze (which is unthinkable irl because I'm chilly). Mom took out some sunflower seeds to eat, but spilled them next to me and they were crawling like bugs. So she started collecting them, while they tried skittering off and a few were on me, like my collarbone and mouth. I was ok with that tho... I'm not squeamish when it comes to bugs, generally.

I had a dream about Cinderella’s stepsisters since they’re on my wall calendar. I can’t remember much other than Anastasia tripped in the bakery she was going into and she started crying. She also started balding which didn’t make any sense.

• Brohoof 1

I had a dream about an alternate solar system.

Mercury - Still the same.
Earth - Slightly smaller, with the Moon normal.
Venus - Hot jungle like world, with a moon named Thermamyde.
Mars - 4 times larger than Earth, but still a dead world of rust with a binary companion half its mass.
Saturn - The 'goo' planet, looked habitable from space, Earth size, but far from it.
Asteroid belt
Jupiter - Still the same.
Blue saturn like planet - Replaces our saturn with assorted moons.
Unknown gas planet 1 - Pink and purple, jupiter mass.
Unknown gas planet 2 - Very blue and white, jupiter mass.
Asteroid belt
Ice planet - A large Earth like world made of Ice
2 small, mercury or mars mass ice planets

• Brohoof 1

I had at least five different dreams. Wrote down two of them in my journal for storytelling potential, didn't remember anything of two others.

The remaining dream, my father had left his empty plate and glass and dirty cutlery on the dining table as he usually does. Except this time, my mother hadn't put them away, and in the morning told me: "Do you know why your dad left this work for you? Because he knows you're useless at home."

Spoiler

(Now, she doesn't normally say that, at least not quite like that and so explicitly, anymore. But I have childhood memories of: "you're so scared to be useful once in a blue moon" every time I refused a task, or even just made them wait. More recently, when I didn't immediately accept to go out and buy bread one time, I heard my mother say "you're of no use at home, anyway".)

One of those I wrote down, though... not sure what kind of wacky story I could include it in

There was this wormhole of sorts, invisible actually, leading from the ground to the top of a power line bundle (and the lines were supported by very tall concrete pylons). I was controlling some tourism "train", you know those sightseeing things that aren't actually trains cause they go on regular roads and not railway. I told the visitors about the wormhole, then the myth of some angry radioactive kaiju who'd created it. Then I took the mini "train" through it, where it rested across the power lines near one of the pylons, being stuck forever I guess.

Sadly I forgot the full story of why the kaiju got angry and created a wormhole, but I'm sure it was very cool.

• 2 weeks later...

A terrifying nightmare about a chainsaw murderer who sends their victim a message a few days before he kills them. I got said message, "woke up" from the dream, the chainsaw murderer broke into my room and ran at me with a chainsaw, and then I actually woke up. I think that's the first time I had a dream inside of a dream. Dreamception.

But yeah, that's been on my mind all day and I've been really jumpy ever since I woke up. Guess that's one way to guarantee you have the same nightmare two nights in a row. I think it might be the first nightmare I've had in... gosh, who knows how many years. Wonder what triggered it.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Booker said:

A terrifying nightmare about a chainsaw murderer who sends their victim a message a few days before he kills them. I got said message, "woke up" from the dream, the chainsaw murderer broke into my room and ran at me with a chainsaw, and then I actually woke up. I think that's the first time I had a dream inside of a dream. Dreamception.

But yeah, that's been on my mind all day and I've been really jumpy ever since I woke up. Guess that's one way to guarantee you have the same nightmare two nights in a row. I think it might be the first nightmare I've had in... gosh, who knows how many years. Wonder what triggered it.

Damn, that sounds messed up. Sorry that you had to deal with that. I occasionally have dreams where it starts off fine and then, my vision goes, I can't breathe and then I wake up a tad bit breathless. I think it's very mild sleep apnea. So that's fun.

As for what I dreamt last night, I had a strange dream about a friend who I'm crushing hard on. We were talking and she dyed her hair for whatever reason. Very short but strange. Had 3 dreams about her in the past month.

• Brohoof 1

I went to an art show and met a painter named Alan van Norris. He was tall and slender, with gray hair that ran to his shoulders. He was a really funny and friendly guy, and liked giving everyone hugs. I looked up his Wikipedia article later, and discovered something very strange. The article stated that he was a 20th-century Dutch painter, who was born on 18 June 1887 and died on 9 July 1965. However, some time after his death, numerous reincarnations of him, both male and female versions, began appearing in different parts of the world. I realized that the painter I had met was just one of many.

Yeah, that was a weird one, though hardly the weirdest one I've had. :D

Edited by LyraLover

Something about... a creature or armor set? showing up for a detective game... where kids (or regular adults, not detectives or cops in training or anything of the sort) try to guess... something I forgot

He kept showing up with extra armor pieces so they'd try again, I think because they kept guessing wrong and he was trying to help them?

There also was a second dream, but I noted it in my journal for its storytelling potential and so won't be sharing it here.

• Brohoof 1

I dreamed that I was in my grandma's house and I was going to my dad for a weekend. I've waited on a bus stop for the whole day, had some conversations and other interesting stuff that I forgot. In the end it got dark and for some reason my eyesight got worse. I called my dad and told him that I can't catch a bus and then went back home. At home instead of grandma there were two anime-like twin girls. I started complaining about buses to them and one of them started to do weird lewd moves and then I woke up:sealed: