Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

books your favorite book from your childhood?

Summer Breeze

As a kid we all had that one book we would ask our parents to read us again and again. Sometimes we still even like to read it occasionally ;) what was your favorite book when you were little? Do you still like it? Let us know! :D

I'll tell mine later ;)

• Brohoof 2

When I was a little kid, my mom would always read "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" on Christmas Eve before everyone when to bed. I'm pretty sure if I had a favorite book from my childhood, that's it.

I still love the story, especially the animated adaption back in the 1970's or 60's, but I wasn't really a big fan of the live action one with Jim Carey.

• Brohoof 3

My favorite book was a book called 'brown bear and white bear' and it was about a bear couple who lived in a cute little house in the mountains. They loved eachother a lot but one day there was an avelange and it destroyed their house and the villagers came to safe them. They both got out alive and they started building their house again, then white bear found out she was pregnant and when they finished building their new house they got a little baby bear. I don't even remember it but my mom told me that I would ask her to read it to me non stop :D

• Brohoof 1

i dont remember the stories i read as a kid, but as an old kid / young teen i have a couple books that i love, and re-read when i can..

The secret of Dragonhome, one that I have re-read countless times... and even want a sequal!

The Enchanted Forest Chronicles, lovely book series, only recently have I got them (read them a lot as a kid though)

Snow Crash, well if you read it, you would know why I like it...(YT, enough said...*smirk*)

just so you know, all of these books are considered "young adult" I think... they do have some "suggestive" material, but they are great books!

post-39280-0-49670400-1473279440_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 2

@@Summer Breeze

Since we're talking about books, i'll be moving this thread to Media Discussion.

When I was younger, I adored the book Stellaluna written by Janell Cannon. I would always pester my mom about reading it to me! To this day, I still find the story to be adorable and I think everyone should give it a read at least once.

2849.jpg

• Brohoof 2

i remember there was this one book that a looked at almost every day as a lil kid (i cant call it reading, hell im 17 and i still cant read)
n' that book was this one
51hNlg0C8IL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

• Brohoof 1

when i was about 6-9 y/o:
The Wonderful Adventures of Nils - i read it about bazilion times.. just felt like i was inside that story every time.
Adventures of Huckleberry Finn - read it a few times, but it was so good.
10-12:
The Lord of the Rings - very good concept. more than a book. totally got over me.

well now of course my tastes became slightly different, i'm more into Call of Cthulhu and such, but not much. last thing i read was The Spy by Fenimore Cooper. (not that i didn't read that before, just the last thing).

Edited by Ethan Tran
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Mine was called A Night at Folly Castle or The Ghost of Folly Castle or something like that.

I barely remember what the story was, but the cover was really old fashioned and creepy looking, I picked the book up second hand for that reason. I don't remember the story but I still remember the joy I had staying up late one night and reading the whole thing in bed whilst listening to the radio. (Beautiful Stranger by Madonna was big that year and that song always makes me feel a little happy and cosy).

Other than that, all The Worst Witch series. I was so excited when I realised she'd added 3 more in recent years, I've read one, so 2 left of the total 7.

The Harry Potter books, my dad read the first four to me, and after that I started reading them myself. They have a special place in my heart because they got me interested in reading, which is a hobby I've been missing lately. I miss how enthusiastic I was as a kid, now even if I like the book I have to force myself to keep reading, with the HP books I had to put myself limits such as no more than 100 pages per day.

Another book I loved was A Single Shard, the story was very heart-warming. 

I was forced to start reading early, but fell in love with it quickly. My favorite series of books growing up was a bunch of teen mysteries called "The Three Investigators" They often got stuck in bizarre and creepy detective adventures. I also ended with copies of several of the old Grimm's Fairy Tales macabre versions, and adored them. I also would read any books I could find on the bizarre, the supernatural and the disturbing. I got in trouble for it several times in school and was suspended for it once.

My all time favorite book is 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

My favourite book series is Fighting Fantasy, known as the world's most popular adventure gamebook series that originally ran from 1982 to 1995. It has since been revived in 2005 and then 2009 through reprints though not all of them have been reprinted. The new series' have new gamebooks for those who want new adventures. I still have the books I picked up during the original run, but their conditions have deteriorated over the years.

My fav book of childhood to now is The Last Unicorn and along with my first chapter books:  Secrets of the Unicorn Queen.   Also given being a girl and loving unicorns and horses,  The Black Stallion books hit a home run with me! 

• Brohoof 1

It's impossible to list just one! As a kid, I adored the Redwall series by Brian Jacques. I loved the talking animals and fantasy elements in them. I also enjoyed the Pony Pals books and the horse books by Marguerite Henry (such as Misty of Chincoteague, San Domingo: The Medicine Hat Stallion, and King of the Wind). The horse obsession started pretty early on! :P