Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

technology What kind of TV do you have or do you have one ?

OLD ACCOUNT

So since the holidays are coming up and im sure a lot of techies or going to be getting a lot of stuff on black friday or wait till christmas and im planing on getting this tv :

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-UN40KU7000-40-Inch-Ultra-Smart/dp/B01EBG6CTG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1480102276&sr=8-1&keywords=samsung+40inch+4k+tv

the tv i have right now is a samsung 32 720p tv when HD was becoming a thing on TV shows.

so my question is what tv do you have right now or are you planning on upgrading or do you even have one ?

I have a CRT for my retro consoles, but that's it. I don't need a TV when I have my premium monitor and sit at the computer and don't watch standard TV anyway.

• Brohoof 1

Hey there, @

Because this thread is discussing pieces of technology, I have gone ahead and moved it to Media Discussion.

• Brohoof 1

Currently I own a 32inch Vizio 1080p Smart TV. I got that TV about a year ago and it was a huge improvement over the last one I had. Before I owned an Emerson 32inch HDTV but the Vizio's picture quality is sooooooo much better.

Been debating lately if I want to upgrade to a 4K TV or not, but that could be something for down the line.

• Brohoof 1

Since I don't watch TV often, I only have a Philips CRT TV (flat) that I use when I want to hook my computer and display the image on it. I don't know the exact dimensions but it's like 29", and it's way too heavy :lol:

The good thing is that it has s-video input, which produces a very clear image.

• Brohoof 1

I am not impressed with the TV you are thinking of getting.  In the first case it is only 60 frames.  This is quite weak by the current standards where most decent tvs have 120 frames and some interpret 240.  I expect motion to be very choppy with that set.  Plus, are you going to be able to get 4k inputs into that TV?

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got a 1080p-capable HDTV.  I wanna say it's a 42-inch Vizio; bought it off my brother for fairly cheap.  My computer monitor is a 30-something inch 720p LG, and I moved the 30-something inch 720p Panasonic into my mother's room so she can watch blu-rays and such.  The LG is the only TV I actually purchased new; the Panasonic was a gift.  I recently got rid of a tiny and relatively ancient Element HDTV; gave it to a friend I thought could find a use for it.

Edited by Ziggy + Angel + Rain

• 4 years later...

few month old 32" sharp smart tv (I don't use the smart features)
it's 720p, but honestly I find that better as most my content is in 480p or 576i , and my netflix is standard definition only

somehow even from right close up it looks clearer than the living room TV with 4k on

Right now, a dinky 20" TV. Never really had any advanced TVs. Hell, I was using a CRT up until like 2013.