Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you hate Christmas?

Laurel

I don't really dislike it traditionally. Its about being with family or friends, eating christmas food and giving presents and a merry holiday.

I personally don't like it because there always seems to be trouble everytime with the family whether its relationship issues or other stuff, and they tend to just cancel watching films when they suggest it aswell. Its more or less not fun to have to listen to all the quarrels when its holiday. Like i don't know why they can't wait after or bring it up beforehand. So its one of the reason why i am considering not coming home next year due to it. Probably my least favorite year due to it.

I am wondering how you feel about it though?

• Brohoof 1

I've only ever had a problem with how fake it always seems to me.
People whom  you rarely, if ever, see coming together to put on a face as though all is right with the world, demanding that one do the same.

Pretty sure that's just me and a small population of the world though.

I hate how they have the advertising for material items so people can put money into corrupt CEO's. Christmas should be about family and friends, not about material items which will just take up space and sit and do nothing at some point. Then be thrown out and put in landfills that only grow. (Mlp plushies and mlp related stuff is an exception) 

Well i have christmas depression (for me its my normal depression gets loads worse) it also can happen in people without depression

Personally i don't like it religiously (Many scholars say Jesus was born in october) even tho I'm christian 

I don't like that i have to spend time with my step dad (he was off three weeks before christmas and he'll be off a week after new years...sharkweek + depression + hatred should make a interesting combo...)

personally i found it gets a ton better if you listen to "this life ~shane dawson" (youtube) it talks about the unhappiness of christmas but the joy of it to :)

My family had been slowly falling apart over the years, to the point where I'm all alone for the holidays.  I don't really mind though, family isn't always determined by blood, it's those that mean something to you.  I don't really feel like I have an obligation to be with those that either hate me or hate what I've chosen to become and I refuse to revert into something that I'm not just to make them feel comfortable for an evening.  It might sound harsh but that's the way I feel about the holidays, spend time with those that matter to you and love you regardless of who they are.

• Brohoof 1

I love Christmas due to the fact that is the only real time my whole family get together and are decent (somewhat) but it actually never actually spent on the day its like weeks becore so when actual Christmas day roles around it doesnt feel like Christmas... its always just me and my sister on Christmas day and we don't usally spend the whole day together just like the morning then we go our seperate way.

I like Christmas...but sadly...with my own father acting like the king of the house and not even eating with us for Christmas dinner, I always have to be prayed up...it's just hard for mom and I to hold up the fort when this time of year rolls around.

I don't hate Christmas, but I don't love it either, I am an atheist so I don't believe in god, or all that Christmas myth stuff. As for Christmas I think its awesome for kids to enjoy, but don't teach them all that Santa magical thinking.

Nope, never have. Sure there are some negative parts to just about every holiday, but I was say across the board that the positive far outweighs the negative.

Black Friday and the "Over commercialization" of Christmas is arguably pretty bad. On the opposite side we must not forget it brings family and friends together, brings out the best in people more often than it brings out the worst, and is last but not least it is a most sacred day for the Christians of the west. 

What? How I could hate a holiday related to the Winter Solstice? The Winter Solstice gives me life, you know!

Christmas may not be the same as it was before I turned 18. My life has flipped upside down since then and I have lost my grandparents. Many traditions from my childhood have dissolved. Christmas is kind of depressing now. But I try not to let it get too me too much. This year I had a lot of fun with decorations. I don't think I'll ever loose my love for decorating for the season.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

No way, I love Christmas! :twi: I’m not trying to sound sappy and stereotypical when I say it’s one of the most happiest times of the year.