Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever been attacked by a critter?

Balt

What have you experieced  

27 users have voted

1. 1. What attacked you?

• Angry bee hive attack
    • Skunk spray attack
    • Ant hill attack.
    • other.
  2. 2. Tell Story?

• Sure why not.
    • No it's embarresing enough i voted for the option
  3. 3. For those with skunk what did you use

• Tomato juice
    • Beer
    • hydrogen pryoxide, baking soda, and dish soap.
    • didn't vote that, stupid

13 hours ago, Foxy Socks said:

I thought so as they could get sticky, and the poor things may have pulled their legs off. 

Did they disappear after that? :P Off topic but I like to take most bugs/insects/spiders outside if I can. Unfortunately I sometimes accidentally kill them. :(

I kill them on purpose.

Two stories.

Perhaps my most traumatic animal attack came in the form of a family pet.  I forget how old I was exactly, maybe eight or nine. My grandmother had an American Bull (medium sized dog) that was totally freaking adorable.  For some reason, one ear stuck up constantly while the other drooped down.  I had practically grown up with her and there were times we would rough play and other times I used her as a pillow, she was always fine with either option until one night when I laid down beside her on the couch. I had been laying there maybe about an hour or so, not really moving much so I guess she just had a bad dream and turned around and bit me on the face.  It was pretty quick and she didn't latch on but apparently, any head and/or facial wounds will bleed profusely.  But it was also bad enough to give me a couple of minor scars, like, I have to point them out to someone for them to even notice.  So here I am, body covered in blood, my grandmother freaking out and cleaning off my face to see if she needs to take me to the hospital, and the only thing I am crying about is the fact that I thought the dog didn't love me anymore.  My feelings hurt worse than anything.

The funniest is... I was driven out of my own vehicle by a damn tiny ass little bird.  It was actually my husband's truck that I had been driving.  The electric window was broken so it would slip down about half way into the door a lot.  You could push it up, and he was the only one who could get it to stay in position for awhile.  I had driven it earlier that day and of course, hit a bump, window slid down.  When I went to run to pick my daughter up from school, I got in and cranked up and this evil little thing flew up at me from out of nowhere.  I freaked out and managed to open the door, literally falling out onto the ground.  I left the door open thinking maybe it had just gotten stuck in there and couldn't figure how to get out.  It.would.not.leave.  Then I figured, okay, maybe I just scared it so much it doesn't think it is safe so I opened all the doors and went back inside.  Came back out an hour later (after having to call my mother who lived all the way on the other side of town to get my kid) and looked around.  I didn't see it so I started to get back in to run to the store.  Same thing as earlier only this time when I got out, I saw it go under the seat.  Now with a grudge, I went to reclaim my car.  I banged around on the seats and watched as it went from one area to another.  I didn't want to hurt it, but I wanted it out.  Again, it would not leave.  This little bird that was the size of my fist just kept hopping around in nooks and crannies that I didn't even know existed.  Finally, it flies up into this hollow area that was behind the cupholders and under the radio (again, some place I didn't even know about till I saw it go up there).  Banged around on it, turned up the radio to try to chase it out with noise, cranked up the car to try to scare it out and nothing.  Luckily, I had a neighbor who worked on cars a few doors down from us.  He came down and had to start taking my front console apart.  I saw that this little demon bird, that ended up attacking both of us when we pulled off the console as it flew out (finally), had started building a nest there.  It didn't look like it had fully made a home yet, but there was straw, grass. and a few twigs.  I felt sort of bad at first as I cleared it all out, because I could understand the fact it was just trying to defend its home.  But then as we were piecing the console back together, it went after my neighbor and actually pecked a piece of flesh off the back of his neck.  Then I just realized the thing was some crazy, evil, demon bird that hated me.

• Brohoof 4

I was two times attacked by a wasp in my live. The first when I was a little child and the second a few years ago when I walked trough my garden. Luckily I am not allergic on wasps. 

• Brohoof 2

I've been stung by flying insects before, but no hive attacks. I did get stung by a yellow jacket on the shoulder almost 12 years ago and still have the scar from the sting.

• Brohoof 2

I've never been stung by a wasp before (saying it out loud is probably a jinx to get me stung this coming summer), or any other critter worse than a horsefly. I do have experience of faking a wasp sting though, since the primary school child me desperately wanted attention. :ooh:

I was attacked by fire ants when I accidentally stood on their hill. We had been out at the lake all day. I was badly sunburned, exhausted and falling asleep on my feet while my mom and her boyfriend loaded up the boat and various other stuff. My mom told me to stand off to the side and I just went where she told me. Moments later my leg felt like it was on fire. I looked down and I had fire ants scurrying up my leg and into my swimsuit. My mom told me to run into the water and wash them off so I did. Yeah...they bite harder when you do that and they don't come off easily. That night I was badly burned, running a fever and had my feet, legs and sensitive areas covered in ant bites.

The only other attacks I had were dogs. I have scars on my face more than 20 years later from the first dog. The second dog didn't manage to do lasting damage, but I thought my arm had been broken at the time of the attack. I was amazed when I found out my arm hadn't even been cut.

• Brohoof 2

This happened to me twice. One time I was playing at the playground located at the Kansas museum and a bee (or yellow jacket) stung me, pap then had to get some chewing tobacco to get rid of the stinger, which was in one of my arms. The other time, I was playing in the field that a friend of papa's had and I get stung on the back of my neck. Papa had to use chewing tobacco to get the stinger out that time as well. All in all, it was very painful.

• Brohoof 3

I've had wasps pissed off at me before because I was provoking them (they had a nest in a wooden bar at our school, and we took turns kicking it and running) but only one ever stung me, and that wasn't a wasp from that nest. It had landed in the hollow of my knee and stung when I bent my leg. I stomped it into oblivion after that.

Aside from that, I've been bitten by ants countless times when I was doing all sorts of horrible things with them as a kid, like drowning them in bottles of water or having them fight to the death in a gladiatorial arena made out of a glass.

• Brohoof 2

Well, I've been attacked by ants multiple times in my life, like too many to count. Thing is, back when I was growing up, getting bit by ants and showing the least amount of pain was "tough", so I did that a lot. I actually have several hundred little scars on my arms from doing that.

I did get bit by a spider once, and though it wasn't too particularly dangerous, it still hurt a lot.

I've been attacked by all four of our home cats before. Spit was a large orange tabby we had when we were kids, and though he was a good-natured cat, he'd attack us every now and again and leave us with big scratches. Minnie was a kitten who was ferocious, and she attacked everyone. Our current cat Coal had a history of attacks too, though he's calmed down now, and Jasmine (my sister's cat) was declawed, but that didn't stop her from trying. :P

I also was attacked by a raccoon once while walking a friend's dog. <.<'

• Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...

The only thing that comes to mind is a snapping turtle in my grandparents' backyard. While my cousin and I were trying to capture it, the recycling truck came through and those two guys helped us. They ended up taking it, said they had a stop by an animal rescue anyway so they'd drop it off.

• Brohoof 3

>>>Chickadees. They have no chill...and just want the food. :twi:

>>>Ants & bumblebees. Too many times! Especially by those crazy-ass bumblebees, lol. :unamused:

• Brohoof 3

I have never been straight up attacked by an animal but I have suffered from my fair share of bites and scratches. One of my birds, Narley, is a bit of a brat. While he is usually quite sweet toward me, he can become a bit bitey when he dies not get what he wants. He managed to bite me pretty good on my mouth and that was painful.

• Brohoof 2

When I was in 6th grade I got bit on the back of my left leg by a dog on my way home from school. Hurt a lot and scared me, and I had fear of it scarring because of how slowly the wounds healed, but thankfully I turned out fine and I never lost my love of dogs. :)

• Brohoof 4

Got stung by wasps, ants and bees over the years. Got nipped by a dog while riding my bike passed a house. Got attacked by a little kid wielding plastic power ranger weapons...

• Brohoof 2

Alright so one day when i was younger around 5-7 i was at my grandparents house and they were talking and so i decided to sit down but i wound up sitting onto an ant pile and i was super itchy the rest of the week.

• Brohoof 2

I've been stung by a bee before, don't remember much about it though since I was little.

• 1 year later...

I was bitten in the leg by a large dog when I was in my very early teens. Had to get 14 stitches and a tetanus shot. I've been stung by wasps, yellow jackets, and a bumble bee. Ant bites of course. 

I usually carry a revolver with me when I'm in the woods. There's lots of wild hogs and snakes.

My mom got attacked by wasps. Story:

It was the day before her first day teaching at a new school. She was hanging laundry on the clothes line, which had hollow metal poles. What was in the poles? A wasp nest. The big angry midwestern wasps didn't like the vibrations so they attacked. 19 stings. Fast forward to the next day. Not wanting to look bad at her new job, she went in to work, looking and feeling miserable. Thankfully the boss noticed and sympathetically told her she could have called in sick, then subsequently sent her home to recover.

• 6 months later...

I've had a horsefly bite me once and I've got stung by bees and wasps before...and don't even get me started on how many times I've stepped on a fire ant hill. :yeahno: