Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How many more seasons?

CastletonSnob

10 minutes ago, Jeric said:

This is going to be highly unpopular, and a slight tweak of my prior opinion but 

453544.jpg

;)

Which ironically only ran 5 seasons.

And what does it matter? They will keep getting seasons until either people quit watching or Hasbro decides to go with a new idea. Right now I'll hold at 8... but it really depends on what they have planned for the future... if they really are prepping a new line up of characters to take over, it could very well head into 9 or 10 and beyond.

• Brohoof 1

I think the show will have 10 seasons. It was released on October (10)/ 10th/ 2010; they simply cannot miss that golden opportunity to have all the "10s" coincide lol

But seriously tho, I think 10 is about right maybe 11 if they really wanna stretch it. I also have no issue with this. As long as the writers/ animators continue to impress with competent work I have little reason to complain. More quality ponies is only a good thing :o

• Brohoof 2

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

I think that one day the show had to stop otherwise it will turn into garbage. I don't know when but I think that season 8 should be the last one.

Or they can keep going but with new characters and new stories but that means abbandonning the mane 6...

• Brohoof 1

I really wouldn't care how many more seasons we get, as long as what I REALLY want at least appears once.

For Season 8, I'd love to see Pinkie and Fluttershy interact more than in Buckball Season for once, and the CMCs with Maud Pie (triggering a Pinkie/CMC episode), but that's it.

• Brohoof 1

I don't know, but I hope they're at least considering ending it. Don't get me wrong, I love the show, but I'm afraid the lessons and situations are going to go stale. I've already noticed episodes retreading old ground and I can only wonder how much worse it will get before it gets better again, if it does at all. That said, thus far I think Season Seven is better than the first half of Six, so we'll see.

• Brohoof 2

If 8 isn't the last season, which it is unlikely to be, my maximum guess is 10 seasons overall. A round number that would be a massive hallmark. I think they should keep the show going for as long as they can while maintaining quality.

Well, this season made me recover hope that there's still life in FiM. At the moment, there are no plans beyond than we'll be getting an eighth season, but I guess a ninth would be a prudent time to end it, just to get another Slice of Life :lol: 

As many seasons as they can get until the show and toys stop lining Hasbro's pockets with cash is the most likely answer.

How many do I want? 8 sounds okay, 10 sounds better, but 12 is a nice number, and I really like the sound of 14...Really, as long as I enjoy the show and it stays of good quality I don't care how long it goes. I feel like people jump the gun a bit and get too eager to end something to avoid it "Going bad", when something can run for a long time and still stay good. If it's still going strong, why end it so early?

• Brohoof 1

I'd say probably 1 or 2 more seasons after this one. However, if the movie does better than expected, demand could increase and Hasbro might gamble by going 10 or 11 seasons. It's great that the show has run as long as it has. Ratings appear to be going down every season, but as long as Hasbro is still making good money off the G4 toys, the show will probably continue.

8 hours ago, GrimGrimoire said:

And what does it matter? They will keep getting seasons until either people quit watching or Hasbro decides to go with a new idea. Right now I'll hold at 8... but it really depends on what they have planned for the future... if they really are prepping a new line up of characters to take over, it could very well head into 9 or 10 and beyond.

A new lineup of characters would conceivably allow for a Generation 4.5 of sorts. Even if FiM in its current state ends, a new group of main characters could potentially kickstart a new spin-off series with the same basic visual style. I have no idea exactly how this would go, but who knows?

Hasbro's going to keep pumping out seasons as long as MLP keeps making money, :) At this stage, MLP is one of Hasbro's most profitable franchise by far and In the target audience (Young Girls) the audience is continuing to grow!

So, I can't see it ending anytime soon :)

(edited)

I think 9-10 would be pretty cool. contrary to popular belief, I am wholeheartedly confident that DHX can keep up the quality that long and still end it on a high note. After all, we're on Season 7 and its still nowhere near seasonal rot.

Edited by Princess Book Horse

(edited)
On 5/17/2017 at 4:40 PM, VG_Addict said:

How many more seasons do you think the show will get?

Depends on the movie's success. If the movie is a success, we're pretty much guaranteed until S9/10.
If the movie bombs or does Lukewarm, I expect S8 and then either it ending there for getting a crappy half season for S9, like what happened with Transformers: robots in disguise and S5 of TMNT.

at that point hasbro will either reboot or make a 4.5 with new characters in the same universe.

Edited by Unlikeable Pony

• 10 months later...

This is a late answer because season 8 has come out already now there are 5 episodes so far have come out but I hope they make more seasons maybe like 12 would be good. But if they stop, I won’t be that disappointed because Equestria Girls season 1 has come out with a digital series and i’m LOVING IT!! It’s super interesting and they are making more hopefully!! The music is SO AMAZING it gets me right in my heart I love it that I listen to them like a million times already. If you see this late answer, check out Sunset Shimmer’s Saga, or Forgotton Friendship. WATCH IT NOWWWWWW!!!!