Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you think Chrysalis will get her revenge?

Tilgoreth

So in Too Where And Back Again Chrysalis said that Starlight couldn't even vegin too concieve the revenge she would act upon her. And I was trying too think about what that meant. I think it would have too be personal. She couldn't just come and kidnap the mane six again. 

I suppose she might go after Trixie, Thorax, and Discord since they were all involved. But I think Chrysalis would want too screw with Starlight first. It wouldn't be enough too just kill her. She would want Starlight too be miserable and scared. 

So I thought that Chrysalis might try and recruit all the minor antagonist charcters. Lightning Dust, Suri, and anyone else the mane six has screwed over. She'd use them too cause conflict with the mane six. Then maybe Starlight feeling flustered would want too get away. So she would go woth Trixie too meet her parents. Hell maybe Sun Burst would come along.

She'd feel good about coming back home and meeting her parents. But then her parents were just changlings in disguise. She would feel devastated because she thought her parents forgave her for all the horrible stuff she did. Then Chrysalis would take away Trixie and Sun Burst. And Starlight would be left alone completley devastated.

So that's just my theory. What do you think?

• Brohoof 1

I also think Chrysy will attempt to go close and personal with Starlight. Most likely kidnapping Trix and taking her place (that's a funny voice actor joke :dash: ), and not only she will be an awful friend to Starlight, but she'll also frame her for bad stuff happening, make her run, and later reveal herself and attempt to kill her 

• Brohoof 2

I can totally see it not working out well for her though.

"Behold! I have come to exact my revenge"

"What? What are you doing in my roo... Oh Celestia, you broke my mirror!"

"A mere trifle! You will suffer the.."

"My Friendship Mirror! From Twilight! YOU BROKE IT!"

"I care not about your stupid mirror! When I..."

"MY.
MIRROR!
YOU.
BROKE.
IT!"

<conjures a magic hammer the size of a house>

"Erm, what? What are you planning to.."

WHAM! WHAM! WHAMWHAMWHAM!

• Brohoof 2

Well, I don't know about Starlight.  But I know one way that she could get revenge that would show that the characters really got under her skin.  And it's so simple that I'm surprised the writers didn't think of doing it yet.

If you want to show that Chrysalis is still a ruthlessly evil villain, have her disguise herself as Applejack and Applebloom's mother and have her trick Applejack into betraying her friends somehow.

• Brohoof 3

She'll have to play smart to fool Starlight. Don't start off with her friends because that will be too easy to figure out but instead Chrysalis would disquise herself as Starlight and would ruin her reputation. Capturing Starlight would had to be first maybe she'll get distracted and that's the time to attack. Imagine all that Starlight had achieved so far in learning friendships all ruined by Chrysalis. Her friends won't trust her anymore, all of Equestria eventually forsakens her and the very existence of Starlight would look down upon. 

• Brohoof 1

she will know the main 6 will think its coming, along with starlight and gang too so I think if she would get her revenge the main thing will be waiting......that or recruit the surviving pinkis from the mirror episode and build an army from their. Possibly kidnaping spike, learning about twilight finding her weakness and BAM spinging the pinki army on ponyville.

• Brohoof 1

My wild guess is that Chrysalis will first return with quite an army of Changelings. And I mean a huge one, as in thousands if not hundreds of thousands of them, perhaps having formed from a number of other Changeling hives and/or led by several other Changeling rulers. They would disguise as reformed Changelings and silently infiltrate and conquer the reformed Changeling hive in a way that allows no one to catch onto it, replacing Thorax with the best imitator they have and trying to act all "friendship" to avoid suspicion (especially after Chrysalis' mistake of acting rude in A Canterlot Wedding which got Twilight suspicious), and then get Starlight to come over and ambush her, at which point Chrysalis casts a spell on her that transforms Starlight's looks into that of Chrysalis' and Chrysalis herself disguises as Starlight, essentially doing a "body swap". Then they will bring "Chrysalis" in to Equestrian authorities (namely, the princesses) so that Starlight would get whatever punishment that was meant for Chrysalis, and any attempt Starlight!Chrysalis would make to alert her friends of the actual situation will be dismissed by Chrysalis!Starlight and the fake reformed Changelings as "a trick by Chrysalis to avoid her punishment" to keep the ponies from finding out the truth before they punish Starlight. And in the case the ponies do find out, there will be far more Changelings than everypony could fight because all the Changelings disguised themselves effectively and got too close to allow the ponies to prepare and take them down on time, so even if getting Starlight punished as part of Chrysalis' revenge doesn't work out they will take the Equestrians down and deal with Starlight in a different fashion.

That being said, as I've already mentioned this is a very wild guess and I doubt something like this will actually happen in the show (a girl can dream though, right? There's always fanfics too!). But if it does, I'll eat my hat.

On 29-6-2017 at 6:54 AM, Steve Piranha said:

I also think Chrysy will attempt to go close and personal with Starlight. Most likely kidnapping Trix and taking her place (that's a funny voice actor joke :dash: ), and not only she will be an awful friend to Starlight, but she'll also frame her for bad stuff happening, make her run, and later reveal herself and attempt to kill her 

And then comes Discord and puts her in jail. I think her revenge is almost impossible without Tirek or Grogar for example.

57 minutes ago, Hierok said:

And then comes Discord and puts her in jail. I think her revenge is almost impossible without Tirek or Grogar for example.

Don't underestimate a mind focused on revenge, and those transformation powers are deadly 

• Brohoof 1

Chrysalis used Splash! Celestia fainted.

All that aside, Chrysalis does not strike me as a villainess who would stoop so low as to prioritize petty revenge over regaining her power. She's a queen after all. Power first, and then she can get her revenge as many times as she wants from the comfortable seat of her throne. She'd probably cut Starlight's horn off and make her fight a hungry cockatrice while sipping on honey and laughing like a jerk. Then again this is a kid show, so eh.

My petty little dream: I'd first give evil changelings an upgrade: a magic-induced mutation with insect-related skills. Some changelings hit by exorbitant amounts of love would not become good. Instead, they would mutate into corrupted, fluttering things, lovelusted and more vile than ever before. This would make them terminally irredeemable badass love vampires (buy our toys?) they were meant to be in the first place. And give these changelings different shapes for different castes (buy our toys!). Love collectors should be cute, little, and alluring, but warriors/hive guards should be all kinds of nope. Queen's Guard should be across Bishonen Line though. With this power she could easily destroy The Usurper and all who helped him.

She'll make an awesome show of force, then end up converted by the end of the show. Lol.

In all seriousness, I'm curious as to what route they'll take as well. Chrysalis seems to be a fan favorite, so let's hope it does her justice!

I don't know, but I feel that she doesn't have much left. I think Chrysalis won't be able to do anythingmajor, in fact I think once she realizes that, she will hide away from others until Starlight or someone finds her. At least, that's my idea. I really don't see what else she has left now but herself. Without the other changelings, she would be powerless.

On 6/28/2017 at 10:51 PM, A.V. said:

Probably in the most Complexity Addiction-y way possible. :lol:

Complete with amateur mistakes due to her arrogance. After all, she thought Twilight's student wasn't worth replacing with one of her minions. Then again, this is the same villain who took her time gloating while Twilight freed Cadance, who broke the mind control spell on Shining Armor, allowing them to weaponize her own energy source against her. Should we really be surprised she'd be arrogant enough to think the student of the Princess of Friendship isn't a threat?

Here's one better.  Have her do what I said above, but then have her change into Starlight, making the others think that she betrayed them and turning them against each other.

Twilight will be like, 'We can't jump to conclusions,'.  And Applejack will say, 'No, if you're going to take her side then I'm leaving.'.

So now you've not only got Chrysalis being just outright evil in her scheme, you've got her turning the manes against one another.

On 29/06/2017 at 4:49 PM, CypherHoof said:

WHAM! WHAM! WHAMWHAMWHAM!

Bit of context on this one; I saw this topic and had this vision of chrysalis, eyes white with tiny, panic'd pupils flat out sprinting across ponyville, dodging a giant hammer leaving tom-and-jerry-style clusters of cracks in the paving as it WHAMS down just behind her, and a flying Starlight following behind, eyes glowing red and sparks shooting from her horn, shouting "Get BACK HERE! You BROKE MY MIRROR!"

It was too comical a setup not to share :D

But yeah, I can totally see Chrysalis waiting until Starlight is out of sight and totally ruining her new reputation; that is, after all, what she did during the Cantalot Wedding and Twilight's fear-picture of what would happen if she sent Starlight to the Changeling Kingdom.  I also can't see the Mane 6 / Trixie being fooled though; Twilight is not going to fall for that trick again, and while Chrysalis can copy Starlight's form, there is no way she can emulate the sheer power of magic Starlight has at her command.

No she won't. The ponies will extend friendship to her, she will see how happy and fed her people are and get married to thorax, turning into an eye gouging butt ugly overly colorful version of her current self that we will all hate. 

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Star Petal said:

No she won't. The ponies will extend friendship to her, she will see how happy and fed her people are and get married to thorax, turning into an eye gouging butt ugly overly colorful version of her current self that we will all hate. 

Man, I sure hope not. I think that an important friendship lesson is that you can't always make others your friends, even if you attempt to befriend them. I really am perfectly fine with letting Chrysalis remain evil.

I think Chrysalis will hit hard and fast when she attempts to get back at Starlight. How, is still up for debate. But whatever Chrysalis has cooked up with be her best plan yet. (Or so I hope.) 

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, Valeska said:

Man, I sure hope not. I think that an important friendship lesson is that you can't always make others your friends, even if you attempt to befriend them. I really am perfectly fine with letting Chrysalis remain evil.

I think Chrysalis will hit hard and fast when she attempts to get back at Starlight. How, is still up for debate. But whatever Chrysalis has cooked up with be her best plan yet. (Or so I hope.) 

Friendsheep/Redemption themes aside (and yes, that spelling was deliberate) I think Chrysalis doesn't really need to be redeemed, but doesn't necessarily need to be totally defeated either. There is plenty of precedent in the show; she has escaped plotting revenge twice so far, and of course Tirek was imprisoned, but not otherwise hurt. I do feel there is room for a more nuanced Chrysalis though; she is ruthless and power hungry, but I think the latter is very Changeling-like in itself and would be surprised if at least some of the newer, shinier Changelings didn't slip back into their old patterns and revert (I think, again, Twilight's fear-picture frames this nicely, with how she imagined their reactions to the question "how do we settle a relatively minor dispute?"). She cocooned the figures she kidnapped, but didn't otherwise hurt them, so seems more indifferent than evil as a "big picture" thing.

Analogies DO spring to mind of individuals with political or financial power in the real world.....

• Brohoof 1

10 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

Don't underestimate a mind focused on revenge, and those transformation powers are deadly 

That will maybe be so, but so is not as strong as people say without love. Now it is even worse. First she had also love from her subjects, but now she hasn't even got that power. ;) I think she isn't capable to take revenge now.

6 minutes ago, Hierok said:

That will maybe be so, but so is not as strong as people say without love. Now it is even worse. First she had also love from her subjects, but now she hasn't even got that power. ;) I think she isn't capable to take revenge now.

Dish best served cold, etc.

I doubt every changeling was in the changeling kingdom when Team Thorax took charge; Chrysalis could gather up scouts outside the kingdom, maybe pick off some of the weaker Shiny Changelings and drain them (either converting them back to how they were, or just using them for power) then plot her revenge; the Equality village seems isolated, so taking over there probably wouldn't be that great a task, then Starlight could be invited back, and stuff happen to ruin her reputation back in ponyville while she is being distracted elsewhere.

• Brohoof 1

On 6/29/2017 at 11:22 PM, SBaby said:

Well, I don't know about Starlight.  But I know one way that she could get revenge that would show that the characters really got under her skin.  And it's so simple that I'm surprised the writers didn't think of doing it yet.

If you want to show that Chrysalis is still a ruthlessly evil villain, have her disguise herself as Applejack and Applebloom's mother and have her trick Applejack into betraying her friends somehow.

uh...that can't work..parents are kind of.. you know dead!