general Ever been to a concert?

PlzDelete

Yes, I have been to a concert before. It's been a decade or so since though.

“Discovery is dangerous . . . but so is life. A man unwilling to take risk is doomed never to learn, never to grow, never to live.” - House Harkonnen

well I went to one at the Walt Disney concert hall but that was only since I had to cuz my bro was playing there!Other then that the only one's I've gone are during school

Edited by shadowwarp940
  • Brohoof 1

• 9 months later...

I've only gone to two concerts: Paul McCartney and Janelle Monae. They are probably the two best experiences of my life and I can't wait to go to more! 

I've been to many music festivals, though, but I prefer concerts because it's more music that you like, yknow? Sure, you get to listen to new stuff, but concerts are selective. 

I hope you get to go to one of them soon! It's life-changing. For me, at least! :twi:

I can only remember two concerts that I've ever been to. One was a Blue Man Group concert. That was during my senior class trip to Walt Disney World. The second was a concert by the Japanese singer known as, ZAQ. She was having a concert during AnimeNext in 2016 and it was pretty cool. I've always wanted to go see a One OK Rock concert, in the future. 

I went to a few. My first was when I was 5ish. It was to see my favorite musician at the time, Robben Ford. At the end of the concert someone I was with happened to notice his drummer in the lobby and the guy signed an autograph, took a picture with me, and scored me back stage passes to meet Robben Ford. And Ford was very nice too and gave me an autograph, we took a picture together, and he even gave me his guitar pick. 11/10 would concert again.

I saw him a few more times but never bcj stage again. And I was going to see Sonny Landreth live but that got cancelled due to a snow storm.

5F6F8DC5-9AD9-4CAA-8583-26C26D84F16C.gif.e19a798194ad73508ccbdca1dfa04e58.gif

And that’s the bottom line, ‘cause Stone Cold said so!

Very few.

The first concert I ever went to was to see Fleetwood Mac at the Providence Civic Center.  The next one was seeing the Afghan Whigs at the Middle East club in Cambridge, Massachusetts (that's also were I actually met my SO for the first time after talking for a few months online).  The last one I attended was to see Bryan Adams and Def Leppard at the now-closed Midway Stadium in Saint Paul, Minnesota (won tickets in a radio contest).

I've also seen a bunch more lesser-known artists when I lived in Saint Paul, and used to go to the Ginkgo Coffeehouse on Saturday nights.

I have, but I don't think I'd go again. I don't particuarly like rock concerts because of all the bumping, jumping, pushing and shoving. I prefer theatre houses, and opera settings. Places where you can go in, watch them perform it, or choose to close your eyes and just enjoy the music. At rock concerts I don't feel you can really.. enjoy the music. Too many people grab onto that mob mentality and start acting like right arseholes. Shows their plain idiocy and inability to think for themselves. Quite distasteful, honestly.

• Brohoof 1

GraveSnowSig.jpg.1c0d3a56d480efd618461b4ca3f1011d.jpg

Magical-Loyal-Generous SPIKE IS HARMONY  -Honest-Humorous-Kind

*~Semper Vincit Mortem~*

I’ve only ever played at a lot of concerts while I was in high school band and college. I’ve never really seen any popular artists live though :wacko: .

img-18807-1-EVnkzff.png

Sig by Wolf, Handwriting by SparklingSwirls

I actually have, I last summer I believe it was around the end of June or so, went to a Billy Joel concert that was being held in downtown Minneapolis! It was super fun, being able to hear all my favorite songs that I know so well being played by Billy Joel himself, live, right in front of me!! B) And me and my mom got to sit on the seats in the field, so we were super close to the stage too, unlike those way up in the nose-bleed stadium seats :proud:

KOC_Enhanced_Signature.png.4b90cc740c785197afd73eab70a66685.png.4bb3411caa730089ef0d498635d6eaff.png

RA RA RASPUTIN

(edited)

If you count concerts at pony cons then yes that's usually my favorite part of any pony con I go to.

Convention concerts I have been to 
(Bronycon) BronyPalooza 2014, 2015, 2016
Ciderfest Concert 2014, 2016, 2017
(BABSCon) Neighem 2017 [ended up being pretty disappointed by this one, sadly] 

as for a traditional standalone concert or music festival for (insert a-list musician everyone knows here) then nah I haven't. I mean I saw an American Idol top 10 concert like 11 years ago or something.

I am more of an electronic music guy and those kind of performances don't happen much round where I live. 

Edited by Zantetsuken
  • Brohoof 1

Yes, because music is always been part of my passion. I performed at orchestra concert twice every school year during winter and spring. I also visit band and orchestra concerts that I'm not in their school to see my friends' perform because they used to be at my school when I'm younger. I plan for my next orchestra concert performance in college when I'm in college.

Princess Twilight Sparkle always do legendary stuff with magic in Equestria. Time to blast from the past.
img-25397-1-post-8308-0-57732400-1422393

~Allen
The V.I.P., The Legendary

Several concerts, but I've never been to a festival and I really don't want to either. I've been to concerts of the Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Rasmus, Bullet For My Valentine, All-American Rejects, HIM, My Chemical Romance (3x), Paramore (3x), Rise Against (3x), A Day To Remember (2x), Jimmy Eat World, Blink-182, Neck Deep, Black Veil Brides, CKY, AFI, Elliot Minor, Papa Roach (2x), and most recently Moose Blood. I might be forgetting a few.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...