Register now to remove this ad.
SunshineFlow

Do you have bad attitude towards vegans as people?

54 posts in this topic

I see it that if someone doesn't eat meat cause they don't like the taste and just doesn't enjoy it in general that's fine. But whenever it's to make some sort of statement about animal cruelty and saving the little poor animals I just... I just can't. Do people realize that animals die not only to become food? Like... most of everyday objects are made from dead animals? Most kinds of glue used for example in book binding are made out of bones so yeah... Not eating sausages doesn't make a difference and make someone "cruelty free" when everything else was made with the use of animal body parts. And I get it... a lot of vegan people simply don't know that and they have good intentions and all and on most days I just don't care, judging people by their diet isn't my priority. But when I happen upon a vegan that tries to convince me that they know better what's good for me and for my health (usually some pseudoscience bs) I just can't stand it :scots:

I don't mind vegans as long as they stay away from my plate. I don't tell them what they ought to eat, and they shouldn't tell me what I ought to eat.

I like meat and other animal products, and I don't care about whether they're healthy or not. I also strongly dislike manipulation, lies and misinformation that some people spread to make other people follow their dietary habits. If i could, I'd cook the entire goddamn animal kingdom and eat it too, I'm well past tricks like "eww eggs are chicken periods".

Basically, as long as you're cool with me eating meat, I can respect your diet, even if it's for reasons like conscience, or dislike for the taste or whatever.

1 person brohoofs this

7 hours ago, Nara said:

I see it that if someone doesn't eat meat cause they don't like the taste and just doesn't enjoy it in general that's fine. But whenever it's to make some sort of statement about animal cruelty and saving the little poor animals I just... I just can't. Do people realize that animals die not only to become food? Like... most of everyday objects are made from dead animals? Most kinds of glue used for example in book binding are made out of bones so yeah... Not eating sausages doesn't make a difference and make someone "cruelty free" when everything else was made with the use of animal body parts. 

Look I'm no vegan nor am I against the use of animal products in any way. But trying to not take part as best you can in what is arguably a fairly cruel system of treatment for some if not many animals is fairly admirably. Are you going to be able to check out of it 100% Nope. But that does not change that many animal products we use are at the expense of needless suffering due to a desire to cut costs. 

1 person brohoofs this

14 hours ago, Jedishy said:

Look I'm no vegan nor am I against the use of animal products in any way. But trying to not take part as best you can in what is arguably a fairly cruel system of treatment for some if not many animals is fairly admirably. Are you going to be able to check out of it 100% Nope. But that does not change that many animal products we use are at the expense of needless suffering due to a desire to cut costs. 

Hey I'm all for using artificial materials whenever possible like skin, fur, ivory etc and generally avoiding killing wild animals that may be threatened thanks to this and killing livestock animals as humanely as possible. My problem is with certain kinds of vegan people (and I've come across a few of those) that treat their diet as an ultimate solution to a much bigger and more complicated problem and guilt trip others by saying how they're wrong and disgusting and how THEY'RE COVERED WITH INNOCENT BLOOD AAA. You know, the 'crazy' kind of vegan :P