Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP not on list for Oscar.

CastletonSnob

To be honest, I do think the movie at least should get some kind of reward for its great animation... also the soundtrack is amazing, that should be acknowledged at the very least as well... I dont know thats just how I see it. 

• Brohoof 1

Considering how poorly it was received critically, I’m not all that surprised. 

It definitely didn’t deserve the poor reception but that’s another discussion... :okiedokieloki:

• Brohoof 3

*sign* What a waste. Even Emoji can go there then why not Mlp movie? There we go, guy, a movie that should promote our lovely show outside the fanbase turn out it left no impact at all, on the fanbase or the world.

It was, perhaps, not cinema at its finest (and would have been up against Pixar's Coco) but it should have been sent for consideration anyway. Sia might have liked a best song nod.

It should have been at least submitted, but I’m not sure it’s freakin OSCAR worthy.

13 hours ago, Lambdadelta said:

*sign* What a waste. Even Emoji can go there then why not Mlp movie? There we go, guy, a movie that should promote our lovely show outside the fanbase turn out it left no impact at all, on the fanbase or the world.

Oh, never mind, then. Yeah if the EMOJI MOVIE went then absolutely the MLP Movie should have gone.

15 hours ago, VG_Addict said:

https://www.equestriadaily.com/2017/11/my-little-pony-movie-not-on-oscar-list.html?m=1

Hasbro and Lionsgate didn't even bother to submit the movie for consideration.

What do you think of this?

I think they are rational and self aware enough to know that the movie was not going to earn any awards any time soon. Especially not an Oscar. That's just silly. 

• Brohoof 1

Not being submitted for original song is surprising, though I expect Sia to possibly get a nomination for To Be Human. Not a whole hell of a lot of great original songs this year. Evermore will obviously be on the short list. 

• Brohoof 2

I mean, it had a good soundtrack, but they are going to compete against Pixar and Disney. So, they basically had no chance from the beginning. Moreso, the movie's popularity outside of the fanbase was kind of underwhelming.

• Brohoof 1

With how little the movie was advertised, I am not surprised that Lionsgate and Hasbro didn't bother to submit it for an Oscar nomination.

Plus even if they did, the movie still wouldn't be guaranteed to get that nomination in the first place.

We all know that Coco is getting one, The Breadwinner has been making some attention at film festivals and is made by the same studio responsible for The Secret of Kells and Song of the Sea, so that's another movie that is most likely going to get a nomination. meaning that already there would be some steep competition for getting nominated let alone getting the award (which it never really was going to, anyways).

Other animated films I can see being nominated would be Despicable Me 3 due to the second film in the franchise getting nominated in 2013, Mary and the Witch's Flower for being made by former Studio Ghibli employees, The Big Bad Fox and Other Tales due to be created by the same people who made Ernest and Celestine which was nominated for an Oscar in 2013, and Ferdinand.

If I were to guess which films were to be nominated this is how I feel it would be even if MLP was submitted for Oscar consideration:

Coco (probably the winner due to being Pixar)

The Breadwinner (I am hoping that this one wins, even if I know it probably won't)

Mary and the Witch's Flower

Ferdinand

Despicable Me 3

MLP movie, big whoop. What do people expect? a huge parade? 

Edited by TBD

IM SHOCKED!! Not because the movie itself wasnt submitted, but "Open Up Your Eyes" shouldve at least gone to submission for best song! 

Also this year has been an utter crap year for animation in general, so MLP probably wouldve won! Cars 3 will win it >.> 

On 11/10/2017 at 9:59 PM, Yamet said:

Eh, I'm not surprised. Don't get me wrong, the movie was fairly decent but it's not exactly oscar worthy. 

No animated movie this year is...

Not even Coco looks that great.

Oscar worthy pretty much means Overrated this days and MLP was certainly underrated.