Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why have none of the "Humane Six" asked to go to Equestria?

KillerKingBakudan

They all know that Sunset's really a pony from another world, and they also know that recent developments with the portal have allowed her to go between worlds any time she wants. So why haven't they expressed interest in going with her to Equestria and experiencing what it's like there? Don't they want to find out what it's like to live in the body of a pony? Don't they want to see Princess Twilight again and catch up with her?

Starlight got to visit their world for a few days, so it would make sense for Sunset to invite the rest of her friends to the other side of the portal. She can bring each of them to Equestria on separate trips if need be, to keep from disrupting whatever balance Celestia was talking about in EQG1 (which I still think is an unfounded claim, since both Twilights have already met and nothing happened).

If nothing else, it'd be interesting to see how the Humane Six's pony designs would differ from the original Mane Six, and what would happen if they crossed paths with each other. Meghan McCarthy already confirmed that it's technically possible, plus it also gives Hasbro another opportunity to sell more toys. So why not make this a focus in a new EQG special?

• Brohoof 3

Whoa, whoa, Hasbro already crossed the streams once recently, and that was probably way more than they were happy to allow. I mean, seeing the humane six in Equestria, perhaps meeting their pony counterparts, would be great fun, but since when have the suits ever cared about that? 

• Brohoof 1

Just now, AlexanderThrond said:

Whoa, whoa, Hasbro already crossed the streams once recently, and that was probably way more than they were happy to allow. I mean, seeing the humane six in Equestria, perhaps meeting their pony counterparts, would be great fun, but since when have the suits ever cared about that? 

Any new design for a character that pops up can be another toy for them to sell. We don't know that they don't care to do that.

Twilight did say that having two versions of everyone would cause confusion so I consider the issue a matter of plot convenience at best. Though there is a way around it and that would involve having the human version wear something specific that would make them easy to recognize in case they got confused with their pony counterpart.

1 hour ago, KillerKingBakudan said:

Any new design for a character that pops up can be another toy for them to sell. We don't know that they don't care to do that.

Well then, I don’t have an answer for you. It’s overdue, IMO.

Just now, Ganondorf8 said:

Twilight did say that having two versions of everyone would cause confusion so I consider the issue a matter of plot convenience at best. Though there is a way around it and that would involve having the human version wear something specific that would make them easy to recognize in case they got confused with their pony counterpart.

Confusion's unavoidable if they were to meet in the human world, but since the Humane Six are part of a species that hasn't evolved with magic over time, the distinction between the groups would be clear if they met in Equestria. The ponified-Humane Six wouldn't have cutie marks. Or if the mirror's transformative magic made blending in necessary, their flanks could get some generic-looking mark on them. Like a badge or something that says "Just Visiting".

• Brohoof 1

I guess because it's not that interesting? I mean it would be funny for one episode, to see how they discover it, but probably Hasbro can't think of a way to make it work. And I understand that in a way; the "humane six" are teenagers, whereas I see the mane 6 as young adults actually (I mean they have jobs, they live alone...) so they would have to think of the way the mane 6 will meet their younger selves

• Brohoof 2

Well, we got the two Pinks swapping places in a Friendship Games blooper. And Pinks being Pinks, BOTH of them, Human Pinks sees Pony Twi from time on time while pretending to be Pony Pinks, even if Twi doesn't know :D

• Brohoof 2

The title posed the question as if there is a concrete answer when there is none. Simple answer, because they haven't written this story yet. Because they've written other stories instead. Because plot comes before gimmick? Because EqG isn't about the pony versions of AJ, Pinkie, Rarity, Rainbow, and Flutters? Because DHX had other plans for counterparts we haven't seen? 

Almost anything can be added as the answer to the question asked here and be as accurate as the previous one. 

• Brohoof 2

Well, I mean, Sunset Shimmer only re-entered Equestria and reconciled with Celestia for the first time back in Forgotten Friendship, when you'd think that It would be a story idea realized far earlier in the series. This is a similar case. I think that the likelihood of this happening at some point in the future is quite high, the writers just haven't gotten around to it yet.:grin:

• Brohoof 2

Probably because Sunset Shimmer has told them how much of a horror show Equestria truly is. 

The vast majority of monsters, demons and deities from the mythos of the human world are very real in Equestria. 

Dragons, Changelings, Sirens, Manticores, Chimeras, Plant Monsters, Centaur, Hydras, Giant Eels, The Cerberus, and literal Tarturus, the pit of lost souls where the gods of death reside. Not to mention things they can't even imagine, like crocodiles made of rock, wolves made of wood, bears made of stars, ponies made of darkness, and whatever the buck Discord is.

Not to mention all the magic and curses that exist. There's a real possibility that you can be turned to stone, sent to the orbiting moon, banished out of reality, have your memories and emotions cursed, get possessed by books, amulets, and sentient darkness or imprisoned in literal hell. 

Plus there's no wi-fi. 

So why would any of them want to risk their lives and sanity to visit the love child world of Tolkien and Lovecraft again? 

13 hours ago, KillerKingBakudan said:

Confusion's unavoidable if they were to meet in the human world, but since the Humane Six are part of a species that hasn't evolved with magic over time, the distinction between the groups would be clear if they met in Equestria. The ponified-Humane Six wouldn't have cutie marks. Or if the mirror's transformative magic made blending in necessary, their flanks could get some generic-looking mark on them. Like a badge or something that says "Just Visiting".

"Just Visiting"... That made me chuckle to no end.

• Brohoof 1

15 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

Probably because Sunset Shimmer has told them how much of a horror show Equestria truly is. 

The vast majority of monsters, demons and deities from the mythos of the human world are very real in Equestria. 

Dragons, Changelings, Sirens, Manticores, Chimeras, Plant Monsters, Centaur, Hydras, Giant Eels, The Cerberus, and literal Tarturus, the pit of lost souls where the gods of death reside. Not to mention things they can't even imagine, like crocodiles made of rock, wolves made of wood, bears made of stars, ponies made of darkness, and whatever the buck Discord is.

Not to mention all the magic and curses that exist. There's a real possibility that you can be turned to stone, sent to the orbiting moon, banished out of reality, have your memories and emotions cursed, get possessed by books, amulets, and sentient darkness or imprisoned in literal hell. 

Plus there's no wi-fi. 

So why would any of them want to risk their lives and sanity to visit the love child world of Tolkien and Lovecraft again? 

Because given the Equestrian habit of stuffing their problems into a portal to THEIR world, they might decide it is safer to be where they came from? :)

7 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

Because given the Equestrian habit of stuffing their problems into a portal to THEIR world, they might decide it is safer to be where they came from? :)

Equestria may treat earth like a garbage dump.

But do the humane 5 really want to know where the garbage comes from? 

9 hours ago, Gachin said:

I guess because it's not that interesting? I mean it would be funny for one episode, to see how they discover it, but probably Hasbro can't think of a way to make it work. And I understand that in a way; the "humane six" are teenagers, whereas I see the mane 6 as young adults actually (I mean they have jobs, they live alone...) so they would have to think of the way the mane 6 will meet their younger selves

The short series is perfect for this, IMO, or alternatively it could be a fun gimmick for an adventure story.

28 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

Plus there's no wi-fi. 

This is actually the scariest part.

The short series is perfect for this, IMO, or alternatively it could be a fun gimmick for an adventure story.

You're right; I can imagine it working in that format :) For an adventure... I don't see why it would be that interesting; if it's to have the same characters twice in the same place... 

• Brohoof 1

15 minutes ago, Gachin said:

You're right; I can imagine it working in that format :) For an adventure... I don't see why it would be that interesting; if it's to have the same characters twice in the same place... 

Different experiences means different reactions, and also the humour of someone literally talking to their younger self. Would keep a monster of the week story fresh.

Different experiences means different reactions, and also the humour of someone literally talking to their younger self. Would keep a monster of the week story fresh.

Welp it depends; if we follow logic, then they WOULD be talking to their younger selves. But who knows; maybe Hasbro doesn't care about logic, and will just have them being the same? You see what I mean? For exemple Twilight when the show started already was living alone and managed the library; she even was a princess when she went to the EG world; and yet she behaved like a high school teenager all along, so...

• Brohoof 1