Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

health Things That Help You Fall Asleep at Night

Wonderbolt Slipstream

Well, for me I usually have some natural herbs before bed if I’m too stressed out. 

another thing I use is AMSR. I also twitch stream ASMR but I’m not that famous. 

Another method is binaural beats. Specifically from iDoser. Youtube binaural beats are fake and ineffective due to YouTube’s compression. So you’ll be getting less than half the affect.

Having a fan on helps me sleep. So does back ground and white noise in general. If it's too quiet than little things will wake me up. Focusing on our breathing is also a good start. Take slow breaths and listen as you fall asleep. Finally, imagining something repetitive, like a pendulum or ocean waves will lull your mind to sleep. 

Also do little things that'll keep you up like avoiding sugary things at least an hour before bed and turning off your LCD monitor, as those contain certain blue lights that'll convince your mind to stay up. Don't wanna do that, then install the flux app, which adjusts your monitor to match the light of day, and dim it to warm colors as it gets later. Oh and cover your window in thick curtains, as street lamps are deceptively bright. 

I never did it before this year, but praying the rosary. So far I can't get through it if I'm laying down with my eyes closed. It's that mix of mediation and repetitiveness.

Otherwise, listening to my wife breath. That also gets me every time.

I'm a lousy sleeper myself, but I like having all of the lights off and no sounds. I also like to play on my smartphone for a bit too, that usually makes me bored and sleepy fast, lol

Usually I run a fan and just listen to myself breathe. But to be completely honest, I’m basically tired 24/7 so I’m usually out like a light anyway. :P 

Edited by Rhythm Red
Grammatical and spelling errors eww :/
  • Brohoof 1

this usually helps me sleep for the little bits of the night. 

-ASMR 

-Soft Music

-Medication (I wouldn’t recommend it unless you have to) 

-Talking to yourself 

-Listening to background sounds that are relaxing (via rain,desert winds,ocean noises, etc. All can be found on YouTube)

But I’m an insomniac so I’ve tried a lot. Different methods work for different people 

I have such a hard time sleeping, nothing seems to help me.  Music keeps my mind distracted, trying to quiet my mind makes it feel like I'm fighting with myself which makes it harder for me to fall asleep.  I just end up tossing and turning for what feels like hours before sleep finally comes around....

Here’s what I do:

- If you have a small plushie, cuddle it for a while

- Think of something fantasy related or just something relaxing (in other words, if thoughts are troubling you just think of better things)

- Drink a very small amount of water. This is more affective when you’re too hot but sometimes it can calm you down enough to fall asleep too

- If you’re on your phone right before you go to sleep, put it on the Night Mode. The redness in the mode keeps your phone from being too bright and it prevents you from being restless

- Don’t take medicine caused you restlessness in the past. If it happened once, it’s bound to happen again

Hope this helps. Sleep well :kindness:

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, ssj4gogita4 said:

I will always be jealous of you people who can do this.

I would be happy to KO you if you like? :orly:

Either playing something from Vinesauce Joel and his long ass videos or listening to a podcast i've listened many times... or a video I was watching and I just suddenly pass out. 

• 2 years later...