Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Summer Sun Celebration 2018

Jeric

Just now, Twilight Sparkle is best said:

Rarity is now here since the mane six found out about mlp fourms

Oh yes. Word got around. I hope you liked the previous banner. It was rather droll, in a good way. The current one is fabulous. I think the yellow clashes a little with the rest of the color choices, but color theory is a bit advanced so it is understandable. 

• Brohoof 3

(edited)
24 minutes ago, Rarity said:

Oh yes. Word got around. I hope you liked the previous banner. It was rather droll, in a good way. The current one is fabulous. I think the yellow clashes a little with the rest of the color choices, but color theory is a bit advanced so it is understandable. 

First it was @Twilight Sparkle

Then it was @Princess Celestia

And then @Rainbow Dash and then  you  and now @Princess Luna

Edited by Twilight Sparkle is best

Everyone else seems to be writing request letters here about the sun and weather. I shall hop into the bandwagon with them!

Dear @Princess Celestia,

If it is at all possible, would you consider making the sun's rays just a little less intense and prolonged here in the southeastern U.S.A.? I do love the sun and all that it brings, but I think it is a bit too much, because my friends and I are getting sunburned while wearing sunscreen now.

Utmost respects,

@Soren Peregrine.

P.S. I think you are absolutely gorgeous and very beautiful! :muffins::sealed:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

While i am a fan of winter i'm still rather happy the Summer is here TIME TO HIT THE BEACH! *Grabs ice cream*

(Also i love the banner)

Edited by Durov
  • Brohoof 1

All I am doing is working as usual. That is all I do every summer. ^_^

I would love to get some time off and take a trip somewhere, but that ain't happening no matter how hard I wish. I'll console myself with some summer themed games in my time off. OK, they will be regular games but I will pretend they have a summer theme.

57 minutes ago, PiratePony said:

Rarity is here! Yay.

Yes she is. Quite a few of us are. Sometimes an evil presence and a sports match can really bring ponies together. 

2 hours ago, Soren Peregrine said:

P.S. I think you are absolutely gorgeous and very beautiful

*Blushes*

10 minutes ago, GrimGrimoire said:

All I am doing is working as usual. That is all I do every summer. ^_^

I would love to get some time off and take a trip somewhere, but that ain't happening no matter how hard I wish. I'll console myself with some summer themed games in my time off. OK, they will be regular games but I will pretend they have a summer theme.

You should like me on my bad days. I would adore having a vacation. I thought having Cadance and Twilight in positions of authority would afford us that opportunity, however you had the return of the Crystal Empire, and then Tirek, and then before you knew it, the other Princesses were just as busy as I am. 

I've joked about giving Spike the throne for a week since he just got his own wings. *Snickers*

• Brohoof 4

8 minutes ago, Princess Celestia said:

You should like me on my bad days. I would adore having a vacation. I thought having Cadance and Twilight in positions of authority would afford us that opportunity, however you had the return of the Crystal Empire, and then Tirek, and then before you knew it, the other Princesses were just as busy as I am. 

I've joked about giving Spike the throne for a week since he just got his own wings. *Snickers*

Aww, tell you what Princess, here is the solution... you have Twilight and her friends on hand, plus Cadance and Shining Armor and the Crystal Empire... AND Starswirl and the pillars now... not to mention back up in the way of Thorax and the Changelings, Ember and the Dragons, Rutherford and the yaks, the Griffon empire, Tempest and Starlight and Discord all among others...

Now say there is an emergency someplace only you and Luna can handle it, give Twilight a phone number to reach you in case of emergency, then promptly lose the phone. Then you and Luna swing by and pick me up and let's go paint the Earth red, followed by Equestria. It will take us at least a couple months to see everything... and if you are truly worried, take a time travel spell so after we are done we can just zip back to a point like 5 minutes after we left or something. Just make sure we have internet connections since I know Luna is a gamer to, and we have to have some time for our beloved games. Don't make that face.. I'll teach you how to play Skyrim.... trust me, you'll love it.

I call shotgun on the zeppelin rides.

I have so many fond memories of summer. The one that comes to mind first is the good ol' tradition of biking down to the ice cream shop with my friends as a kid. We'd get some ice cream and hang out at the nearby park for hours and hours.

Good times. Goooood times. :D 

• Brohoof 1

Well I can tell you I honestly have a pretty negative view of summer, and it's much more than just the heat :wacko: .

But on a positive note it's always been a time of erm... resting from the school year. Also our summer pretty much overstays its welcome way past the start of Autumn.

I think the funnest thing about it was back in high school when I did marching band in August; it may have been hot, but fun times were had :nom: .

I never had much of a summer when I was in elementary school. My school district used a schedule that gave us 3 week breaks periodically during the school year, at the expense of our summer. :( We would leave the week before the first day of summer and start the new year the week after the 4th of July.

Summer during high school was fun, though. I have some fun memories of traveling and whatnot.

As this years Summer Sun Celebration comes to a close, and the sun has set on the longest day, I want to thank everypony for coming out and sharing, even those that really pushed for me to do more work in their home villages. 

You will surely see me around during the World Cup and dispensing wisdom as time permits. 

*yawns*

May your summer be an enjoyable and fruitful one. 

• Brohoof 5

Thanks guys. I'll be going through and updating all the awards tomorrow. I hope you find this sort of thing a cute fun little distraction, because we do want to continue small events like these in between the bigger projects. Thanks go to @Sunset Rose, @PathfinderCS, @Dark Horse, and @Princess Celestia for inspiration, and patience with testing out these tweaks to the general status quo. 

We have some event prep to do going forward, and of course a few similar events planned for July, along with the official kick-off of the World Cup itself. 

• Brohoof 8

• The topic was locked

Okay, I believe that everyone that met one of the three criteria for the Raise The Sun badge now has it. If I missed anyone ... send me a PM. Thank you. 

• Brohoof 1

• The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was unfeatured