Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general If you were to become a Billionaire tomorrow, what would you do with your life?

MangoFoalix

Here is something interesting I've been thinking about. Let's say that you've become a billionaire tomorrow after you wake up. What would you do with that money and how would it affect you and your life?

Personally, I don't know if I would ever want that to happen to me. Having money is nice and all but that's the biggest thing I really care about in life. The thing that I care about is being content with what I am doing and how happy I am. Yes, getting a lot of money like that would be nice but I don't know if it would be the best thing.

What are your guys thought on this?

• Brohoof 3

I would donate a lot of it. Other than that, look out eBay and Walmart. :laugh:

Anything else...I'm not sure right now... :ooh:

• Brohoof 3

They say money can't buy happiness, but they never mention that what you can do with money can. You'll notice I didn't specify 'buy' with money, but 'do.' I'm not interested in collecting a whole bunch of material things, but money opens up all kinds of other options that can bring fulfillment. I would love to have a billion smackers. I'd use it to create and promote innovations that would actually move the world forward instead of just rearranging what's already come before and re-labeling it as 'new.' If you've seen the movie 'Tommorrowland' you'll know exactly what I mean. The world needs a makeover, and a billion dollars would go a long way toward making that happen. 

• Brohoof 1

I'd probably go to every pony convention and attend school year round to get my degree faster. Or instead of year round school, I might do a volunteer trip to Romania. I went to a info meeting for a volunteer organization a little while ago, and it sounded really cool, but it's expensive and I need money for school.

• Brohoof 2

I'd use a small amount to complete the rest of my top secret project for starters. Then I would give some to my family, donate a huge amount to different charities--ones that can help humans live longer than ever before--and whatever remains can be for just about anything.

A billion dollars is a LOT. Like, a lot! So there's a lot you can do with all that money.
I'd donate to tons and tons of charities, travel a lot, give tons of it to my family (as much as they'd want) and make sure everyone's living conditions are fantastic.
I don't see myself buying a mansion or a Lamborghini or designer clothes, either. I think that stuff is mostly useless (for me, at least. I'm not a material type of person).
Who knows? Living itself costs money (food, shelter, clothing, healthcare) so all of those things would become easy to deal with! :mlp_grin:

First of all, home. Proper, big one, for a big family.

Secondly, finally my beloved Triumph Sprint ST.

Then, end of working forever.

Afterwards, travelling and hobbies.

+ bank account for % income for my kids future.

They say money can't buy happiness....but a billion dollars would be more than enough to completely restore my truck, plus get as many more trucks as I wanted, which is like, the definition of happiness to me. :mlp_please:   

I'd probably donate a portion of the money to a cause I'm passionate about too, and even give some of it to my parents and siblings or whoever else I know personally who could use a little extra cash. After that I'd buy a plot of land somewhere in the southeast states and build a little house on it (if there isn't one already) and have horses. Lots and lots of horses. ^_^ Finally, I'd put whatever is leftover into savings. 

Basically, I wouldn't wanna live the fancy billionaire life. And after growing up poor I definitely would never find room to take having that much money for granted. 

• Brohoof 3

FFS, SRS, Laser hair removal, lots of make up, buy decent houses for my family members, support other transpeople that are struggling out there in the world that I meet and want to help.

• Brohoof 2

I actually planned this out a while back. If I sudden got a billion dollars or at least a few hundred million, my life wouldn't change that much just if never have to work a day in my life and neither would my partner.

I'd start by taking 1 million, and dividing it evenly amongst my 10 best friends so they each got 100K.

I would take 5 million and donate it to my high school FFA chapter and another 5 million to the FFA chapter at the high school one town over where most of my friends went and another 5 million to the 4-H club I was part of.

I would then turn to @Lucky Bolt and tell her to pick anywhere on the globe and that's where we'd go and live. Neither of us would have to work because of the money we had and I would start a race team with a car for me and a car for her. We'd continue to budget that money and retire from racing when we saw fit and whatever was left when we died would be divided evenly amongst our kids and if all went good, they'd have enough to get their kids through college and such.....if me and Lucky managed money well enough but with all the truck and car buying that we'd be doing I'm not to sure how much would be left.

I'd most likely give some to charity and help the poor, and probably buy everything my parents wouldn't let me buy, maybe become a movie director and direct a couple movies. Who knows, maybe I'd even buy Hasbro.

• Brohoof 1

In the context that I got exactly a billion dollars:

• I would donate probably a good tenth of it though I'm not sure where. Probably to the poor and to the LGBT+ community. Maybe contribute some to Bernie, Tulsi, and Yang's 2020 presidential campaigns. 
  • I would tell my partner about it, and we could live together now, in a nice, small house wherever we wanted! Though I'll suggest Washington State :P It's cooler for him (he has a bit of a sensitivity to heat, oddly enough considering he's lived in Texas all his life) and nostalgic and beautiful for me! :D I'd personally make sure it's a nice beautiful house! I'd also make sure we have the best internet we can get and every other amenity we would need. :)
  • I'd put a good few million in a savings account so I can earn more over time, to use for what we decide we want, split evenly between the two of us. :twismile:
  • Pay off the taxes on it. :sealed:
  • The rest (Probably about 150 million) I would allot by month for the years to come! We'd be living the high life! Hopefully he'd stay with me so we could just enjoy a nice, good life together with our money. :wub:

Very interesting question. Yes I have thought about this before.

Most problee some sort of business investment. It seems like doing something useful with it, and not least will also help other people by giving them work. Problee better than just giving to charity, but that's not out of the question either.

Personally (I didn't think this up on my own, I heard it somewhere): 1. medical insurance; 2. a pension plan; 3. real estate / property, i.e. so you deffo got somewhere to live. There might be a 4, but if so I can't remember what. Whatever's left over, spend on what you want. (That too helps other people because they have to make and sell the things you want to buy.)

Honestly, I am not sure how many people truly realize how incomprehensibly huge that amount of money is. You could buy a luxurious home, a private jet, a yacht, world-class alcohols, a butler, and a whole manner of other luxury items... and still be set for life. Granted, I suppose that may be one of the reasons the question can be so intriguing; where do you even go when you have the entire world at your fingertips? :pout:

Either way... I am not quite sure, needless to say. I would likely buy a high-end home (not mansion) to start, a reliable car, and a few other superfluous items that I have wanted for a while. The rest of it would likely go towards vacations and other life experiences. Once I have had my fun, however, I would likely try to donate it to a cause greater than myself.

• Brohoof 1

I'd take care of my medical issues without having to worry about money and the fact that my job isn't letting me work with my conditions. I'd pay my sister and nephew were living in a nice house living comfortably. I'd take my parents and we'd finally move to a New England state. I'd then start having fun with the money! I'd take a tour through Europe. I'd get lots of wind instruments, of course!

Then it would probably dawn on me that having that much money is a responsibility and it would start stressing me out how best I can use some of the money to help people. I'd have to think about which organizations and such to donate to.

• Brohoof 1

Increase charitable donations. Keep hundred dollar bills on me to tip people with. Buy some properties and invest. Give money to family members. Vacation more. Start some businesses. Move to a better part of town. 

• Brohoof 1

My life would finally have value, so that's something. A billion is a lot of money to do a lot of things, so where to begin is a tough choice. I would be able to move in with my boyfriend with no issues, though not sure where. I would also stock up on everything to last for years. Baboom, no anxiety over the essentials at any point.

• Brohoof 1

A billion is more than I'd know what to do with. I'd probably set aside maybe like 50 million for savings, retire very early in a small (but nice) house, buy a few cars and motorcycles, give a bunch to my friends and family, go on a massive shopping spree, then figure out what to do with the remainder. I guess I could give a lot of it to charity since I'd have nothing else to do with it all, but I've never really been the charitable type.

Can't buy happiness but who cares? I can buy everything else! 

Nobody in my family has to work anymore.

I'd indulge myself in all kinds of materialism and screwing around.

If that gets old I can do something else. Wealth is freedom!

• Brohoof 1

Just knowing I could quit my job and never have to work again or worry about ever becoming poor or homeless would increase my happiness significantly. :squee:

I would still live a normal life and only buy things I really need. Maybe treat myself every year. Buy my family gifts, help with bills and probably gain some education.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah you can't buy the happiness, but you can pay the sadness to go away. :love:

Most importantly, I'd quit my job. Not having to work itself would be something amazing, as that would give me opportunities to try other things and focus on hobbies.

I'd buy a nice house with a big garden. :fluttershy: Get all the things for hobbies, including the potential ones that I'd like to try out (music etc.)-- generally I'd still aim into content creation. :P

Other than that I'd obviously try to help here and there, especially my family.

Summarizing, I finally could try stuff out, be creative all over the place and have an interesting life, rather than job being the biggest part of it and having to worry about the future in general.

My dream is to just have a stable life I could enjoy, there's no need for fireworks. With that being said, I could buy happiness.

• Brohoof 1