Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

food Do you drink milk?

DivineMist1000

Depending on the brand. I generally drink powdered milk, but some brands are a bit more than distasteful.

UHT Milk is also wonderful, but rather on the expensive side, so my mother only lets us use it with cereal. Also dependable on the brand.

Since I dislike chocolate in general, chocolate milk isn't something I like. I do like strawberry milk though.

Condensed milk are brilliant with oatmeal. 

And then there is coconut milk which is wonderous!!

• Brohoof 1

Yes, I do. But, whole milk is quite preferable over other kinds. Heck, it will take a desperate and I do mean DESPERATE situation for me to drink skim milk. :dry:  I'd rather drink well-water contaminated with lots of manganese and iron and all kinds of who knows what before skim milk. At least that water sort of tastes like something and doesn't make me feel lucky I have a strong stomach (seriously, skim milk is just that gross. :eww:))

Though I really like chocolate milk most especially. It's like, only the best drink in existence! :mlp_pinkie: 

• Brohoof 1

Yes, but only semi-skimmed pasturised milk (and in quite substantial quantities.) Anything else tastes wrong; full fat is too creamy, skimmed is too watery, UHT has a weird aftertaste and the less said about flavourings or powdered milk the better.

• Brohoof 1

My family and I almost exclusively drink skim.  Want anything else? It's on your dime. 

I'm fine with any kind of milk really. Even soy, rice and oat milk. 

• Brohoof 1

I do not, no. :pout: In general, I tend to eat minimal dairy products; they're not very healthy, they tend to disagree with me, and they overall don't taste very good, in my experience. Though the taste is far more bland, I use almond milk in place of dairy milk when it would be required.

• Brohoof 1

No, I'm allergic. I thought I was getting better over the years, as for some time I could eat ice cream and chocolate with no problems, but that no longer seems to be the case. =(

• Brohoof 1

When I was a kid, I used to drink fresh goat and cow milk regularly. Now I only have access to packaged milk that is sold in stores and tastes like water compared to the real thing, so I rarely buy it.

• Brohoof 1

I enjoy flavoured milk, though I haven't touched plain milk in at least 12 years. It just puts me off and yet I have no idea why.

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, The Recherche said:

I do not, no. :pout: In general, I tend to eat minimal dairy products; they're not very healthy, they tend to disagree with me, and they overall don't taste very good, in my experience. Though the taste is far more bland, I use almond milk in place of dairy milk when it would be required.

Kinda the same for me--but I do like cheese. :laugh: Drinking milk is out of the question, entirely! :dash:

• Brohoof 2

I like to drink one glass of it a day if I can. Since milk is the perfect thing to drink to cool down your mouth after eating something spicy, I like to use that as an incentive to have a glass.

• Brohoof 1

Actually, no, not that often. I use milk for cereal sometimes and for cooking/baking but otherwise I prefer water, tea, or (unsweetened) fruit juice. 

I used to drink milk much more often as a kid and usually had a glass with my breakfast.

I’ve always preferred skim milk since anything else tastes too heavy for drinking :P 

• Brohoof 2

2%, although I suspect that I have either an allergy or intolerance, since my mom has one and brother has the other. But I'm afraid to find out, and blissful in my ignorance. :proud:

• Brohoof 1

I'm kinda lactose intolerant and it's always a 50/50 chance that the milk will taste like gross cheese if I have the lactose free milks.  So I just stick with cashew or soy, almond tastes too flavourless to me and I mostly use cashew for cooking and soy for drinking.  Sometimes I'll make a chocolate hazelnut milk when I'm in the mood for it.  Oddly enough, I can still have cheese and ice cream without feeling anything but a cup of straight up milk will make me absolutely sick for the rest of the day.

• Brohoof 1

These days I tend to have milk mostly for cereal, but cereal is one of my favorite things so...milk gets a lot of use from me. :3 I sorta swap between whole and 2%, don't know why. Also chocolate milk is AMAZING. I just don't have it very often.

• Brohoof 3