Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Has anyone here been on a Ghost Tour?

Narcissus

I've heard ghost stories and personal paranormal experiences here, but I'd like to know if anyone here has been on any 'official' Ghost Tours. If you have, where was it? Did you encounter anything ghostly or unexplained? Were there many others on your tour? Why did you go and what did you hope to find? Let's have some details!

• Brohoof 1

At one of my past family reunions (2012 if I remember correctly), we went to the Winchester haunted mansion and got a tour. It was definitely a strange experience learning about it's history on the tour, and it looked a lot like Discord's house (one of the floors was heavily sloped, and a door opened into an empty space that dropped you twenty feet into the kitchen; it's a very odd house), but I can't say anything out of the ordinary happened.

My dad claimed he could feel spirits, but I've always thought he's off his rails.

Edited by Spooker
  • Brohoof 2

Last year I, my friend, his wife, and a few random peopme did a tour of an old part of town. The guide and some HS kids explained the history and stories of some of the old buildings.

They had some temperature guns and EM meters but I think that's all nonsense. They used an app to look for some EVPs. It was fun. We didn't see any ghosts but the kids found a stray kitten. 

Went to one several years back. Wasn’t “scary” in its own, but like the stories were. Like one was about a thief trying to take something from a church (jewelry?), and when close to a statue of the Virgin Mary, within reach, it grabbed his hand. It had to be cutoff, and you could see it hanging still way up top, so thieves wouldn’t steal :blink:. (Not a ghost story though :P ).

Also another about some sort of mass slaughter on a plaza, and the ghosts coming back on a certain day.... or one about... getting lazy here, *stops writing*.

I know it's just an attraction in a theme park, but when you say Ghost Tour, first thing that pops into my head is the Haunted Mansion. There's no blood or loud jumpscares. But the Ghost Host does take you on a tour of the place.

As he says in the Story of the Haunted Mansion Audio when two teenagers entered the place to wait out the storm. "You will not be harmed, but you will not be released until you take a tour of my home." By the end, when the teenagers found the path through the graveyard back to the way out the Ghost Host say thIs final speech as the clock chimes midnight ending the story

"Did you enjoy your visit? I told you you would not be harmed. Thank you for spending some time with us. Come back again...bring your friends...if they'll believe the stories you'll tell. I have to go now... it's midnight... pleasant dreams (haunting laugh as the clock finishes its chimes)"

I like how most of the Haunted Mansion spirits are more mischievous rather than evil.

I've never been on one, but would like to sometime. I don't believe in the paranormal, but find it fun to play along. I'm also a real history buff, which makes ghost stories more interesting to me.

I've been on two. One was in a haunted house in New Orleans. Nothing happened much but the history of the place was pretty cool.

Now the other was a truly unique experience at my college because it was hosted by John Zaffis, who some fans of the paranormal may know as the Haunted Collector, and a major player in the Haunting in Connecticut. He showed us how the EMF guage works and experienced some EVP's (whether they were real or just part of the experience). Pretty cool guy too.

Edited by KH7672

Been on at least 2 that I can recall, the Queen Mary and a local tour around the city and New Orleans.  The Queen Mary was a ship and while they did use some special effects to recreate some of their things I never saw anything. Same for the other two tours.  *shrugs*

No need. I feel that my house have already gotten some bad vooju.

Edited by TBD

I've never been on one, but I'd like to sometime. If I do go on one, though, I'd like to go in without knowing the story. That way, if I do see something which matches the occurrences that are supposed to happen there, I can be a bit more certain it's not just my mind playing tricks on me. Somehow, though, I doubt I'll see or feel anything.

I've never been on an 'official' ghost tour but I went to the severely haunted Crescent Hotel in Eureka Springs, AR with my brother and the staff just let us wander freely about the place. On that occasion we didn't see anything and I'm glad of that. There are times though when I'd be really interested in going on a tour and hearing about the history behind the reputed hauntings. 

• Brohoof 1