Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

health Food you love, but your body hates?

Early Sunsets

So what food do you absolutely love (for taste or whatever), even though it isn't exactly nice to your body? This can be because the food isn't healthy (like junk food) or it has some adverse effect on your body or whatever (i.e. you're allergic).

For example, I ate a cookie dough Blizzard from Dairy Queen a few hours ago and it's coming back to haunt me :scoots: But no matter how much pain Blizzards put my stomach through, I'll always keep eating them. They're too delicious.

Also, bacon. Bacon ruins my stomach, but it tastes so good that I don't really care and I eat it anyway.

Come to think of it, anything that isn't a vegetable makes my stomach hurt to some degree, especially when I lay down. Maybe I should see a doctor or something.

Jalapenos. I LOVE the taste of jalapenos so much but agh when they come out the other end IT'S FIRE. XD

Also eggs. I have a slight allergy to eggs...I'm only affected by them though if I eat cooked eggs by themselves.

• Brohoof 1

9 minutes ago, Lucky Bolt said:

Jalapenos. I LOVE the taste of jalapenos so much but agh when they come out the other end IT'S FIRE. XD

Man, I should tell you the story about how I once ate a whole bunch of jalapenos thinking they were pickles. That was...certainly fun. XD

Edited by Renegade the Zombiecorn

Just now, Renegade the Zombiecorn said:

Man, I should tell you the story about how I once are a whole bunch of jalapenos thinking they were pickles. That was...certainly fun. XD

Duuude :scoots:

I adore cake with whipped frosting, but for some reason it gives me BAD stomachaches. I’ll still eat it when my birthday comes around, because sometimes it is worth it. Lol

Cereal usually sends me to the bathroom, too. I eat it everyday anyway. It only became a problem when I ate it for lunch at work. I had to stop that. 

I have some level of dairy allergy that seems to vary from product and from time to time. For example, usually eating chocolate has been fine for me, but the last time I was regularly eating it, it did something weird to my ears.

Speaking of which, if I may expand this to drinks, a frustrating subject for me:

La Croix Orange - A drink I came to like early on after getting used to unsweetened sparkling water. I loved it because it was like orange soda to me. Sadly I noticed it doing something weird with one of my ears, making it pop all of the time.

Waterloo Grape - The saddest thing ever. I had been wanting a grape sparkling water forever and this one is delicious. But I discovered that my left ear was getting clogged up. Especially when trying to sleep. No matter if I laid on my right side, nothing would stop it. I dropped the drink and got to feeling better, and tried it a second time just to solidify it was the drink doing it and my ear got clogged up again.

i am very upset about that to this day. But I found out that it is the Waterloo brand that does it to me and not just the grape so I anxiously await the day someone else makes a grape flavor and I can finally drink some.

Friggin' Steak n Shake. I like their food quite a bit, but for whatever reason each time it has hit me hard later on. Sorta like my stomach signing a petition or something. I don't think their shakes do that to me, but everything else...ugh.

• Brohoof 1

silk worm,raw fish (sushi), Blood tofu, Cow’s liver, intestine, and heart.

my body doesn’t hate it, but I know too much of that would be bad for my health.

1 hour ago, Treeglow Flicker said:

Pringles. Love them to bits to the point that I end up eating an entire tube. But then they end up sitting heavy in my stomach.

When I clicked the notification link for this one, I was expecting the word "Pringles"! I am not disappointed!

For me, it is those salty peanuts snacks. The best ones are the ones that are deep fried in palm oil, last time I even tried them was in 2013, and took me 2 years to get rid of. Not worth it!

Huh... I’m surprised a thread hasn’t been made about this already :ooh:

There are a lot foods I love but my body dislikes. An example I want to use is syrup used on waffles, pancakes, etc. My stomach hates me when I eat it. It can get pretty bad!

• Brohoof 2

On 10/26/2019 at 9:48 AM, Kyoshi said:

Friggin' Steak n Shake. I like their food quite a bit, but for whatever reason each time it has hit me hard later on. Sorta like my stomach signing a petition or something. I don't think their shakes do that to me, but everything else...ugh.

Same here! I overeat on their butter burgers and then am really feeling it later on. The taste makes it worth it though :wub:

Does homemade mac and cheese count?  There're some recipes I simply can't eat because of heavy cream in it and I'm lactose intolerant.  Whenever I look at a recipe and see heavy cream in it I always go: "Haha no, I can't try that I'll get sick....  Unless..." and then I get sick.

I love any style of eggs and frozen pizza, but they have the highest cholesterol of pretty much anything out there and my ticker is not liking my all-junk food diet of late. I have to give up most of my favorites or at least cut waaaaaay down on them. Oh, and I also love lobster, but I can't eat it because I always have a severe reaction to it. Why couldn't I have a severe reaction to something I hate, like peas or lima beans?? 

• Brohoof 2