Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who's a worse pony? Trixie or Diamond Tiara?

My little pwny

15 users have voted

1. 1. Who's the worse pony? Trixie or Diamond Tiara?

• Trixie
    • Diamond Tiara
    • Neither

Diamond Tiara, because, she is typical daughter of very rich parents. Although, she is a unicorn she can't bewitch (maybe she can cast simple spells) but she isn't intelligent person and she thing that she is the best because she has a rich dad. I hate person like that.

Trixie can spells and she is smart pony, but bad. She think, that she is the best but at the begging (when we met her first time) I think that she was speaking of this because she want make a advertisement nothing also. Next time she is a really bad and vengeful, but still she is smart pony. Everything she has she earned for herself. She didn't has a rich family, because if she had, she don't performed as street magician.

Edited by Dog in the Fog

Neither.While Diamond Tiara acts like a complete bitch she still is a child and childern have alot to develop so she still has time.While Trixie was a ass the first time she showed up she got her cumupments in the end then in her second appearance she was a jackass but her power for vengenace got in her way and the amulet got to her and in the end she got better.So in the end while both act like asses they either have room for improvement or are they good where are

Sometimes, you have to realize the action is separate from the agent. It's possible to hate bullying, but not hate Diamond Tiara; I do. 

Here's the main problem; she's not really a character. Not a fully fleshed out one, anyway. She's a puppet, only used to serve the needs of the writers, or in this case, the plot.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/SoYouWantTo/DevelopCharacterPersonality

Just quickly roll through the list, and realize she fails all the qualifications for making a proper character.

Autonomy: Dreams and goals, basically. 

Diamond Tiara has none, or one's that make any sense. If she wanted wealth and power, it would make more sense for her to be friends with the CMC, since Applejack and Rarity are two of the most powerful/ influential ponies in Ponyville. If she just wanted to bully the CMC, Twilight Time would never have existed, nor would Ponyville confidential.

Individuality: what makes a character special. 

Diamond Tiara has currently been replicated twice, to my knowledge. Suri Polomare from "Rarity takes Manehatten" is a perfect copy of her, enough so that some people imagine they're related. A random filly in "For whom the Sweetie Belle Toils" also assumed her personality, and even came with her own Silver Spoon.

Flaws: Your characters weaknesses

Strangely enough, Diamond Tiara doesn't have these either. She's not particularly stupid or prone to greed, nor does she have a weird phobia or anything that would constitute a weakness. Instead, her flaws have been centered in the one place they should never be: in another character. Specifically, in the CMC, who are the main limiting goal to her success.

And these are just some of the factors necessary to make a full character. When you don't have them, you don't have a character; you have a rig for the plot. From tv tropes:
Bad character development leads to the feeling that someone is manipulating the events to their own whims, or even reduces the character's believability.

Long story short, I can't hate Diamond, since she's not acting under her own interests, good or bad. Instead, blame goes to the writers, who use her as nothing more than a simple tool to further the CMC’s personal growth. As someone who sees FIM as a living world, full of characters with fantastically complex personalities and mountains of potential and personal stories that could go on for years, every time I look at Diamond Tiara, it's not infuriating. It's just... sad.

Trixie doesn't really deserve flak either. Poor mare was just doing her job.

Edited by Shimmer5000
  • Brohoof 1

Trixie. I know it's not the popular answer, but I can't stand that mare. If you like her, fine. For me, she's bottom of the pile, the last pickle in the jar, the harbinger of the winter of my discontent, the sudden headcold that starts just when I go on holiday, the Doomsday to my Superman, the cantaloupe of.... you get the idea.

DT's just a kid, and a rather spoiled one at that. Plus she seems terrified of her mother for some reason. At least she leads, Silver Spoon is ten times worse for being a little camp follower. Plus, DT does have at least one redeeming characteristic... she obviously loves her daddy very much. Trixie only loves herself.

• Brohoof 1

The Great and Powerful Trixie is Obviously Superior!! Yeah, i kinda feel bad for her, and she has a lot of potential to be something good. Actually, i see her as Best Pony #5.

As for Diamond Tiara... I cant find sympathy for that piece of scum. I thought a little differently the first seasons, that maybe she has some good in her, but when i saw that episode where she made fun of Scoots flight disability, was the time when i absolutely despised that little piece of... I think i might have gone a tad too far... Anyway, back on topic.

Diamond Tiara = Hate. Pure Hate.

Trixe = A lot of potential to be something perfect.(Cant be more perfect than her Frienemisis, but you get the point)

I'd say Trixie is a better pony then Diamond Tiara. Trixie at least has morality and does show some form of respect toward Twilight at the end of Magic Duel. Trixie is more or less understood, seeking attention and battling Twilight because she it gives her some form of joy having such attention.

Diamond Tiara on the other hoof is spoiled most likely because of her father. She bullies, I fore see her being a gold digger in her future, and worst of all she does seem to relish the suffering of her fellow classmates, the CMC namely. 

Trixie is much better than Diamond Tiara, although Trixie was boastful and arrogant in Boast Busters and Magic Duel, she seemed guilty for what she put everyone in Ponyville through and apologized. Diamond Tiara seems to want to ruin everyone's happiness and seems to be the kind to spread rumors around and start drama. Plus she's a snobby spoiled twit like the popular girls you'd be around in high school.

Something to keep in mind is that Tiara is just a little kid.  A lot of kids are brats, but they usually grow out of it sooner or later.  Trixie, on the other hand, is a fully grown mare, so I find it easier to dislike her.

• Brohoof 2

Trixie was at least somewhat celebrated within the fandom. Even though she was a jerk. Hm. It's odd when you think about it. Despite the fact that Trixie was sorry for her mistakes, both of them are necessary for lessons learned from the Mane 6 and CMC together.

I guess they should come a draw, but I'm leaning towards Diamond on this one.

Edited by The Crimson Cross

Diamond Tiara. One could say that Trixie's behaviour in Magic Duel is immature, but it's actually justified when we learn why she wants revenge on Twilight. Diamond on the other hand insults others just for the heck of it. Some people usually say that she's a kid, but that doesn't excuse the fact that she verbally abuses other ponies.

I have to put this here.

Seriously,guys. :maud:

As for me. Neither are the worst pony. Trixie and Diamond Tiara are both great ponies. :)

Edited by Weather Channel Jack
  • Brohoof 1

If I had just recently entered the fandom, then I would say DT. Period.

BUT!

Ever since I read that superb fic "Why Am I Crying?", my perspective about DT changed a lot. The feels are too strong that I can no longer hate DT.

• Brohoof 1

If I had just recently entered the fandom, then I would say DT. Period.

BUT!

Ever since I read that superb fic "Why Am I Crying?", my perspective about DT changed a lot. The feels are too strong that I can no longer hate DT.

Just so that I can be satisfied that I am being self-consistent, I just have to point out that I don't support changing one's view on DT (or any character for that matter) because of fan fiction. Heck, that's one thing that really annoys me: when Trixie gets the same treatment.

Although, I don't want you to think I'm trivializing your emotions. And of course, if you're okay with fanfiction changing your view, that's something I can't change.

But yeah... I prefer sticking to show canon to form opinions on characters. That's just me.

Um... carry on.  :)

All dat Diamond Tiara hate, can't say I didn't see that coming.

A thing I try to remember here is that DT is just a young girl. Everyone is a horrible person in someway when they're young, just to varying degrees. I pass more judgement on Trixie because she's a grown ass woman and she should know better. To be fair, she does now. But if I had to pick, I'd go with Trixie, just because of the contexts of both of their douchery.

• Brohoof 1