Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who's a worse pony? Trixie or Diamond Tiara?

My little pwny

15 users have voted

1. 1. Who's the worse pony? Trixie or Diamond Tiara?

• Trixie
    • Diamond Tiara
    • Neither

Probably the easiest question on the forums :lol: .

Personally, i think Diamond Tiara is way more of a bigger scumbag than Trixie.

To be honest, i kinda like Trixie :P

And let's not forget, Trixie was forgiven, and Diamond Tiara - Not!

Edited by Concord
  • Brohoof 1

Well, Diamond Tiara has made more appearances than Trixie. Both were equally dicks in their first appearances. Diamond Tiara is still a dick while Trixie is well, Great and Apologetic.

I dislike both of them, but I'll throw Trixie a bone, at least she saw that she was wrong in the end and apologized.

Vote goes to Diamond Tiara

Edited by Megas75
  • Brohoof 1

I agree with basically all y'all. Trixie is Great and Powerful. She even APOLOGIZED to Twilight. To me, she seems a little socially awkward. I think she just needs a friend. However, DIAMOND TIARA is a lying, horrible SNOB who is stuck up (that's basically what snob means just letting out my anger.) and mean to other fillies, even occasionally Silver Spoon. Even though I think all fillies are cute, (Diamond Tiara included) DT's heart is NOT CUTE. Enough said.  :blink:

I think Diamond Tiara is worse. Like was probably said before, Diamon Tiara bullies others for no real reason at all, for something they can't even control, while Trixie is just doing what she feels she has to do to make a living. Being a massive braggart isn't very good, yes, but I imagine it might sometimes come with the territory of being a performer.

Diamond Tiara is way worse than Trixie! I mean from all the episodes inculding diamond tiara and how she treats others. At least Trixie felt bad in the end and admitted how awful she was.

So Trixie is way better than her... Diamond tiara still can change though.

I would definantaly say DIamond Tiara, because first off, she has no talent whatsoever other than to bully other ponies. Second, she's just plain snobby. Trixie may be very in-your-face about her talents, but at least she has some

• 1 year later...

...I don't like either of them, and find them equally annoying.

Of the two, Diamond Tiara is the bigger monster. Equestria Games arc, anypony? :|

Neither is worse, as neither Trashcan Man nor Ahab is a worse character. They are used in conjunction with and independent of specific story attributes to progress the plot, inform the viewer, and also aid in development of other characters around them. This process also allows the audience to move beyond base phenotype and internally persue depth of the antagonist in question should they be so inclined.

Diamond Tiara allowed additional depth and characterization in Scootaloo, as well as pushed the follow through on the whole Scootalove relationship. Trixie has a loose characterization in the shows to act as a catalyst for furthering Twilight's magical knowledge (which pays off at the end of Season 3), but it is through that loose characterization that the audience is asked to enhance the character even more. It allows for great questions such as, did she deserve admonishment in her first appearance, and did she earn forgiveness? This is what Trixie does ... heightens your awareness of themes beyond what is spoon fed to you. Take the spoon if you must because it is there and easy, but be ready one day to grab a knife and fork and feed yourself ... it is far more enjoyable and enriching. They'll play their part. 

Jzo24KH.png

That's why I think the question of whether Trixie or Diamond Tiara is worse is, as the Buddhist would say, a question wrongly asked. 

And yes I used phenotype rather than archetype symbolically as I am a strong believer of the living, collaborative, and evolving aspect of art. It is in it's own way an organism ... so the term is appropriate ... poetic. 

:P

• Brohoof 5

Now who the heck bumped this?

Anyway, I actually like Trixie, in fact she's one of my favorite characters.

Diamond Tiara is one of my least favorite characters in the show TBH, only behind Blueblood, Snips and Snails. I don't know, I was never a huge fan of generic elementary school bullies, so yeah.

At least Trixie apologizes.....

I really don't like Diamond. She reminds me of the **** in Mean Girls (I watched it. Twice)

Neither is worse, as neither Trashcan Man nor Ahab is a worse character. They are used in conjunction with and independent of specific story attributes to progress the plot, inform the viewer, and also aid in development of other characters around them. This process also allows the audience to move beyond base phenotype and internally persue depth of the antagonist in question should they be so inclined.

Diamond Tiara allowed additional depth and characterization in Scootaloo, as well as pushed the follow through on the whole Scootalove relationship. Trixie has a loose characterization in the shows to act as a catalyst for furthering Twilight's magical knowledge (which pays off at the end of Season 3), but it is through that loose characterization that the audience is asked to enhance the character even more. It allows for great questions such as, did she deserve admonishment in her first appearance, and did she earn forgiveness? This is what Trixie does ... heightens your awareness of themes beyond what is spoon fed to you. Take the spoon if you must because it is there and easy, but be ready one day to grab a knife and fork and feed yourself ... it is far more enjoyable and enriching. They'll play their part. 

img-3156744-1-Jzo24KH.png

That's why I think the question of whether Trixie or Diamond Tiara is worse is, as the Buddhist would say, a question wrongly asked. 

And yes I used phenotype rather than archetype symbolically as I am a strong believer of the living, collaborative, and evolving aspect of art. It is in it's own way an organism ... so the term is appropriate ... poetic. 

:P

I got lost reading the first paragraph. The rest are very social scientific writing which I must read several times just to get the idea of the point written (I can be dumb at times)

Diamond Tiara is the less sympathetic "villain" 

Both seem to suffer from a need for attention, It may stem from a lack of attention as a foal or some other void they are trying to fill with attention.

Trixie tries to fill that void with power and spectacle or at least the illusion of it. She really wants to transcend the mask and be powerful. She I believe can be reformed at this stage, hence her Great and Apologetic Trixie at the end of Magic Duel. She may be turning it around.

Diamond Tiara has the same problem in a way, but she deals with it through bullying others. Trixie bests the other ponies only when they have directly challenged her, though after she has provoked them. Diamond Tiara does it with no provocation whatsoever. I don't really count magic duel against Trixie, because the amulet had a profound effect on her already insecure and outwardly egotistical nature. I think the greatest agent for change with Diamond Tiara is Silver Spoon. If she decides to stand up to her a bit it may unseat some of her precariously built outward egotistical persona. It also may allow for her to make a change and become a better pony.

At least Trixie apologizes.....

I really don't like Diamond. She reminds me of the **** in Mean Girls (I watched it. Twice)

I got lost reading the first paragraph. The rest are very social scientific writing which I must read several times just to get the idea of the point written (I can be dumb at times)

Delving into social psychology and philosophy is what it's all about ;) Seriously, as of right now, I feel like I am utilizing my intelligence most when it pertains to candy colored horses. My real life is too dull and boring....

Anyways, I agree with @Jeric, they are there to serve the plot (which is a simplified summary), which does not make them "bad" for who they are. We don't fully grasp who they are as characters because we only see the bad side to them. Trixie transcends this, but Diamond Tiara has yet to do so. Without Diamond Tiara, we would not have learned about the CMC the way we have.

I'd put it on DT here. Despite Trixie's redemption being as unclear and "is she or isn't she?" as Discord's, Diamond Tiara does not show any willingness to redeem herself and is only motivated by popularity and power. No event like those in "Magic Duel" ever happened to Diamond Tiara to force her to reconsider her actions and motivations.