Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

health Air Your Grievances With COVID-19

Denim&Venöm

COVID-19 has messed things up for a lot of people. Normal life has been disrupted and it's time we all collectively vent our frustrations over it. 

So how has the Corona Virus screwed over your daily routine and future plans? 

For example: 

• I only got to spend less than an hour at my local cafe before they told me that due to low turnout, they were now gonna close 3 hours earlier than normal. Meaning that they'll now close before I get off work for the foreseeable future. 
  • I was gonna see Brazilian metal legends Sepultura along with NOLA metal pioneers Crowbar and the reunited Sacred Reich. The tour has been postponed.
  • I was also gonna attend my first All Elite Wrestling show on the April 1st. 2nd row VIP seats. The show has been rescheduled to the 28th. Of October. 
  • Speaking of wrestling. A crap ton of shows have been canned thanks to travel and public assembly bans. There's a real possibility that WrestleMania and all the indy companies and performers who get their huge paydays during that weekend might be postponed or canceled for the first time in it's history. 
  • Since I'll be travelling later this week, I now have to take extra precautions around planes and air ports because humans on the go are unsanitary, regardless of the circumstances. The stuff I as planning on doing during My Little Vacationtm  in San Diego is now in jeopardy.
  • Honorable mention to my dad who's already there and won't get to see his San Diego Padres on opening day due to the MLB season being suspended.  

How about you? What frustrations with COVID-19 would you like to get off your chest? 

• Brohoof 1

Because I work for the government, and that three cases have just been confirmed in my area, work may be suspended because the government will shutdown nonessential functions.

EDIT: Yep, work is suspended.

Edited by Flow
  • Brohoof 2

My sister, who was just about to start a new restaurant job is terminated and now she's jobless with no income and as for me... Well...

Spoiler box for lengthy story

Spoiler

There's a timeline of me recently becoming a Cast Member at Disneyland Resort in California, 

Mid December 2019: I recieved my job offer to work as a Steward and filled out all the necessary paperwork online

Mid January: one weekend was my 2 day orientation classes that made me go home excited to soon be working my magic. The next weekend I did my on the job training, feeling good and ready to work at the Happiest Place on Earth for many years to come, but things started to take a downturn...

Because it turned out by medical restrictions I have, I wouldn't be allowed to do the first role I applied for. So I ended up being put on hold while they looked for another role I could do under those restrictions.

Around Valentine's Day, I got a callback saying they found another job that will work for me. But I would had to wait for Mid March for Training for my new role. I was ready to get back to training and working my magic, but....

During the month long wait, the Cronovirus news spread and now on the very weekend when I'm supposed to be trained for my new role, I got a call saying that my training would had to be postponed while the park would be closed. Zip-a-dee-doo-darn! All these months of waiting and training and being hyped up to be part of making Guests happy as been grinded to a halt because of a virus caused by Bat Urine in China! Of all the cruel dreams turn into nightmares moments...

As a recently new cast member, I might not even get paid in the meantime. Even if I was still getting paid,  it still stinks that I won't be working in my dream theme park like I wished.

Not that much really. Going to the store is now problematic as my mom who is over 60 is afraid of getting the virus. She had cancer a few years ago.

Can't order groceries online and have them delivered to my house because all the delivery dates are full for the next 1+ weeks. Well we have enough stuff for the following 2 weeks probably.

I don't normally spend a lot of time outside the house on most days. I do go outside every day for a walk in the forest that is near by to our house.

Ordering new computer parts will also probably have to wait. Oh well

Edited by zerox

The whole situation is causing me intense paranoia and anxiety and considering I already had to deal with those two things on a daily basis, needless to say it is now even worse. I am downright terrified of getting it solely because I don't want my dad to get it, I live with him. If he somehow got it, his chances of survival would be very, VERY slim and I've already had a few emotional breakdowns from that thought alone. That's simply the biggest stress from it, out of many. Seeing so many things shutting down, people in a panic, it is all so demoralizing. I was scared enough of the world as is, now we have this giant wrench being thrown in.

• Brohoof 3

Almost all soccer events are cancelled, which is understandable, but still upsetting for me as a soccer fan. Even Euro 2020 can be postponed.

Some medical supplies became deficit, because people buy everything in panic.

Other than that, things are not that bad for me. I work from home now, which I quite like, and I usually don't go outside if I don't have to, so nothing has changed for me in this aspect.

• Although it doesn't worry me much personally considering my immune system from my experience seems to be quite robust, I'm concerned my Dad might get it. He's very much at risk of dying from it if he contracts it considering his age and his extremely poor health.

• The panic over it deserves much more than one bullet, but oh my goodness the mass hysteria from all of this is absolute INSANITY. Thanks for crying wolf all the time, corporate news media... Speaking of which...

• I DIDN'T EVEN BELIEVE IT WAS SUCH A SERIOUS PROBLEM AT FIRST. I thought it was just overblown the WHOLE time thanks to the corporate scumbags that have nothing better to do than to try to get as much hype out of a story as they can, and stray from the facts quite often... So much you can't believe ANYTHING they say.

• There have been a few confirmed cases among the students at Rice University, which is pretty close to where I live. Worried about how much the long term may affect any sort of work hours in the future... Need to get money somewhere...

Personally I find myself not as anxious as I thought I'd be, but almost more irritated by the response to it. Particularly by China's... :dry: Since, you know, IT'S THEIR FAULT THIS IS SUCH A PROBLEM IN THE FIRST PLACE! :angry:

Edited by Angel_Dust
  • Brohoof 1

Nothing too serious 

• I get less hours but lucky enough to have some hours in. Both of my job now requires me have to stop doing what I previous work and work on maintenance cleaning like sanitizing the workplace. While at the same time my CNA job still expect me to work with patients. It’s tiring.
  • I’m currently sick ( although can’t say I have it, I don’t know yet) so now my mom wants me to stay home as much as possible so it’s boring. That’s also mean no working. It’s frustrating. But we’ll  have to see for this week if I’m able to get a test. (Update): not surprising that I can’t get a test so I guess I will hold off work for this week only or till I’m better just to be sure. 
  • And oh yeah..dealing with stupider people.

There's a possibility that my motorcycle safety class will be canceled, but the college it's at says that some special classes will still be held, so we'll see what happens with that. Hopefully I get a refund if they decide to cancel.

Both of my parents are off work for the next two weeks, meaning I won't have the house to myself at all, so I'll probably stay in my room more than usual and end up eating even less than I already do.

Game servers are flooded all day long with incompetents rather than just in the evening.

My birthday is on tuesday and my parents usually like to take me out for dinner, but COVID-19 paranoia coupled with the weather is making the chances of that more slim

• Brohoof 1

My workplace is still open and business hours have not been cut. I doubt it will close since they are too focused on giving clients what they need whenever they may need it. I am in Illinois and all restaurants/bars are now closed indefinitely so there go any plans of me and my friends going out for dinner. 

• Brohoof 2

Let’s see.....

1. All of the cleansing/sanitizing products at every store around here for miles are gone.

2. My workplace has been deprived of business causing them to cut employee’s work hours. I’m barely making anything now and most likely the whole place will close indefinitely so I’ll be out of a job. 

3. I won’t be able to see my boyfriend in a couple of weeks because of everything happening now. We are long distance and haven’t seen each other since New Year’s and now I don’t know when I’d get to see him again. If I’m to be honest that has put an extreme strain on our relationship lately. So yeah I guess you could say the virus is killing my relationship lol. 

Edited by Lucky Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

I haven't had many actual grievances outside of missing out on items that we kinda need here at home. As banks are considered a critical function I'll likely still be employed; I just hope customers actually take necessary precautions.

25 minutes ago, Bakugou Is My Man ❤ said:

all restaurants/bars are now closed indefinitely

They can't be closed for the rest of time, can they?

19 minutes ago, Lucky Bolt said:

So yeah I guess you could say the virus is killing my relationship lol. 

I'm in the same boat. My boyfriend's mom is super paranoid and said we can't see each other until this is all over.:(

I missed out on a world wide conference being held in my city. It was going to be my first industry conference and now I have to wait for the one next year not in my city. :(

There was also a trip out to Vegas that I was looking forward to but the strip has been closed down.

1. I'm stuck back home from college for spring break, worrying about my roommates who are international students and may be stranded.

2. My girlfriend is likely going to be screwed when her restaurant job inevitably shuts down. That's due to the fact that we don't have a law requiring paid leave.

3. My grandmother is in a high risk population in the event that the virus becomes more widespread. She already has a compromised immune system and a history of respiratory problems, not to mention she's in her 80s.

4. I worry about what happens if we get a mandatory lockdown/quarantine order in my area. I don't think the grocery stores and their supply chains can keep up, and many people may end up going without basic necessities. 

5. I was gonna attend an NHL game over spring break, but the league and venue have shut down.

6. I was gonna see Pearl Jam in concert next month, but that tour has been canceled and the venue is closed.

7. My friends who are supposed to be graduating this semester are unsure about how it's going to turn out, especially because gatherings of 250 or more people have been banned and we don't know when the situation is actually going to improve. I just want to see them walk for graduation... just have to wait and see what the university says.

• Brohoof 1

I'm just disappointed at how this'll affect online shopping. I like to collect, and seeing information about how the virus may postpone certain businesses is really frustrating. I also wanted to meet up with friends more this year, but I can't really do that if this coronavirus is still around by that point.

• Brohoof 3

I recently moved out of Seattle (before the virus came) and I'm still scared for my family and friends back there. I'm scared for everybody around the world who are being effected. I absolutely HATE how some people on twitter are treating people at risk of infection like crap!!! Because of this evil virus... I might lose some of my friends who are currently homeless and don't have anywhere to go if they get sick. 

• Brohoof 2

Everything is sold out at the store; even stuff that isn’t all that important. Everyone is hoarding EVERYTHING (even perishables that won’t keep) like the end of the world is nigh! It’s bullsh*t! More people die of the flu every year and it has thousands more cases! This is a perfect example of something being blown into a frenzy by the media and everyone taking leave of their senses because of it. There are precautions to be taken, as with any illness, but it doesn’t mean going insane over it (and this is coming from a world-class germophobe!). And when selfish people buy up all the basic supplies in overabundance so no one else can protect themselves at all, it makes things a hundred times worse. That’s the real sickness here. I can deal with most aspects of this virus, but I don’t like the hoarding.

On top of that I work at Disneyland, which is closed now until at least April. But it’s not exactly a vacation. It’s been chaotic and difficult for a great many of us trying to keep everything orderly and functional. A regular work day sounds like a vacation after what I’ve been through today. It’s as much the psychological effect as the virus itself that’s causing so much of the hardship. I wish everyone would come to their senses and help others as well as themselves. It would make a world of difference.  

• Brohoof 1

43 minutes ago, Dreambiscuit said:

Everything is sold out at the store; even stuff that isn’t all that important. Everyone is hoarding EVERYTHING (even perishables that won’t keep) like the end of the world is nigh! It’s bullsh*t! More people die of the flu every year and it has thousands more cases! This is a perfect example of something being blown into a frenzy by the media and everyone taking leave of their senses because of it. There are precautions to be taken, as with any illness, but it doesn’t mean going insane over it (and this is coming from a world-class germophobe!). And when selfish people buy up all the basic supplies in overabundance so no one else can protect themselves at all, it makes things a hundred times worse. That’s the real sickness here. I can deal with most aspects of this virus, but I don’t like the hoarding.

Thank you! You took the words right out of my mouth. 

Agreed on the hoarding. I’m so angry. But not for myself.

It’s because my Mom went to the store, and walked past this poor woman with like, a BRAND NEW baby. Like just days old.

And she’s just staring at this completely stripped baby aisle and just saying to herself, “What am I gonna do..?”

I can’t think about it for too long, it just makes me want to pop a vessel, I’m so mad... :unamused:

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, Dreambiscuit said:

On top of that I work at Disneyland, which is closed now until at least April. But it’s not exactly a vacation. It’s been chaotic and difficult for a great many of us trying to keep everything orderly and functional. A regular work day sounds like a vacation after what I’ve been through today. It’s as much the psychological effect as the virus itself that’s causing so much of the hardship. I wish everyone would come to their senses and help others as well as themselves. It would make a world of difference.  

And I was just about to start working at Disneyland. All my waiting and paperwork now these past 3 to 4 months feels wasted.

• Brohoof 2