Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general How many cousins do you have?

Cagey

42 total that I know of.

My mom has three sisters, two had one kid each, the eldest had three but remarried after my uncles death to someone who was the grandfather of a kid I knew so there's at least one through marriage there and my biological grandpa had another family that has contributed at least two half cousins, so 8 from my mother's side.

My dad has two brothers each who've had a kid but one of my aunts already had a kid before marrying one so there's another through marriage and that uncle was a step dad for two girls in a previous marriage so that's two more, giving a total of 5 from my dad's side.

But there's my dad's prior wife so there's another 6 step siblings.

And his current wife with at least 5 from hers as well.

Then there's my first step dad who had five siblings, one with three kids, another with four, another with two but had originally adopted two as well and has remarried and added another two to the mix. Another two with two each for a total of 17 from them, except there's some other family connection that gives us one more but I don't know how exactly.

All of whom I've met, many I get occasional updates on, many more I'll likely never see again. So yeah, 42.

I have four older first cousins on my mother's side and three younger first cousins on my father's side. On my mother's side, three of them have had children, a total of five.

A lot, it's customary in my mom's culture to consider everyone related to you that isn't in your specific family tree a cousin.  I have cousins all over the place on my reserve and I don't know how many more I have on my dad's side of the family.

(edited)

I have...4 first cousins I can think of. The oldest 2 are married and each have at least 2 kids, so...4 second cousins. I don't know any of them though. We haven't had any family gatherings in a long time. Those are all no my dad's side. My mom has one brother who never had kids, and I think a step-sister and two step-brothers. So... some step cousins on that side, though I don't know how many.

Edited by MidnightFire1222