Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Can You Have The Volume Set To Odd Numbers ?

Rainy Daze

Volume I don't pay attention. But my car's speedimeter has a digital read, and it would change by 2 kph, and stay even. Then for a few months it would sometimes change by 1 and sometimes by 2 or 3. So it would go from 90 kph to 91, 93, 96, 98, or 108,109, 111. No pattern, and it was annoying. But now it is back to even numbers. I don't know why.

8 minutes ago, EpicEnergy said:

I could set the volume to odd numbers, but I prefer even numbers unless it's something ending with 5.

Weird that's the opposite for me, i still wholeheartedly prefer it to be even but sometimes I'm watching something with a quirky audio mix and five is the only setting that sounds right :mlp_huh:

37 minutes ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

I just turn it up until I can hear things. I never even look at the numbers.

I wish I had your conviction :mlp_laugh:

• Brohoof 2

5 minutes ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

My tablet that I always use doesn't have any volume numbers on it so I can't say if it's odd, even or both! :squee:

That's the dream! :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 1

every time i try to watch a live action movie or a series i have to set the audio levels to 70 when they are talking because they normally do so very quietly, almost whispering. and every time there's an action scene or music or excitement i have to turn the volume down to 5 or 7 because it want's to murder my ears. repeat every time the volume changes through the movie. 

• Brohoof 1

Nope.

My phone doesn't have numbers and the TV gets really loud so it's at 12 for when other people are around, 16 if it's too loud for me constantly, 18 if it's occasionally too loud and 20 otherwise. We'll go up to like 30 if we're playing music through and and are working in the back yard.

My laptop only goes up by twos, and it's old so speakers are probably a little worn, especially since my phone is louder than it. Magic numbers are 20, 36, 42, 50, 66, 76, and 96 is fine but the difference from 100 is pointless so just go all the way up amd yes I have a preference fr those numbers outside of volume.

• Brohoof 1

Hahah so I’m not the only one who likes the volume to be at a pretty number :P .

Ill do it with a lot of things. Not necessarily odd. Usually stuff like 8-10-12-14-15-16-18-20. I guess even numbers and multiples of 5 :huh: ?

• Brohoof 1

My laptop's volume goes up in increments of 2%, so I really don't have a choice there.

However, I have no problem with setting my TV's volume to odd numbers. I actually prefer odd numbers over even numbers, they just seem cooler, especially numbers ending in 7 or 9.

• Brohoof 2

Idc its a volume ya know whatever soudns right ;P

I know some ppl though they have to have their books alphabetically organised and their colours coordinated.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, LyraLover 💚 said:

My laptop's volume goes up in increments of 2%, so I really don't have a choice there.

However, I have no problem with setting my TV's volume to odd numbers. I actually prefer odd numbers over even numbers, they just seem cooler, especially numbers ending in 7 or 9.

VLC player can adjust volume with the mouse wheel and/or ctrl+cursor up/down.

in increments of 5% :)

• Brohoof 1

What's wrong with odd numbers for volume? I do not have that many devices that display volume level as a number (and where I do not set it to full), but I set the volume to where I like it and do not care what number it is.