Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How would you feel if FIM ended at Season 3 like it was supposed to.

phantompone1148

Would have been a lot happier than when it ended after S9 where my patience/love was all but gone. Would still have rather S4’s finale ended it

• Brohoof 2

I don’t think I’d have liked that.  Season 5 was my favorite season, would have hated to miss out on that.   Season 7 was really awesome too.   It could’ve ended after 7, and I’d have been content,  though.   

• Brohoof 2

Since Season 3 did not properly conclude anything for the show and we would have missed out on the amazing Season 4, I think it would have have been terrible and unsatisfying to end the show this way. I wish the show would have ended after Season 5 (as long as that season was reworked to be a proper ending for the show) since that was the last season of the show I consider good and it's where alot of the character arcs were wrapped up by. 

On 2021-10-16 at 12:09 PM, Lone Traveler said:

Here is what my ideal version of a Season 5 would have looked like if it was the last season:

Do not reform or even bring back Starlight, keep her as a one off villian in The Cutie Map. (So no Cutie Remark)

Have Rainbow get in the Wonderbolts this season (preferably make it actually satisfying unlike in Newbie Dash lol)

Have Fluttershy make her animal sanctuary this season.

Move Amending Fences to make it the last episode before the finale episodes (would be a perfect placing for it imo)

Have an episode wrapping up Spike's story in some form.

Make Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep a two parter midway through the season so that it could have far more time to explore its creative ideas. (the actual episode didn't because it was so rushed). Incorporate Celestia into the episode so she could have a satisfying reconciliation with Luna, and made it so that Luna didn't intentionally create the Tantabus. (basically rewrite this part as Joshscorcher suggested in this vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFBXXMTLC48 )

Have an epic 2 or 3 part finale similar to the Ending of the End (but better) where the past villians (Sombra, Chrysalis, Tierk) team up, and the various side characters who the ponies had met throughout the show help defeat them. However, unlike in Ending of the End, they should not destroy Discord's character in the process with that awful twist. Either don't introduce a new villain at all and just stick with the previous ones, or have Grogar as an actual character leading them. Also, actually show the process of the side characters working together and have a better and longer fight involving them. Maybe it could even involve time travel like the Cutie Remark (but one that actually sticks with one interesting timeline so that it actually has a focus and tells a coherent and fun story without a rushed redemption)

Either have Twilight take Celestia and Luna's place like in the actual finale, or just wrap up the show with the post Twilight's Kingdom status quo (either way could work fine imo). Either way have an epilogue episode that is similar to The Last Problem, except that it better shows the ponies' lives in the future.

(Venting below)

I really do wish the show ended along these lines. I find it to be sad how the show stayed on for so long being not particularly good so long after the popularity of the fandom died out. After Season 4 or 5 it felt like the show nor the fandom was no longer a big deal online, and that the number of bronies really shrinked. If the show ended on the terms I gave above, the show would have been consistently great throughout its entire run and would have ended while it was still relatively popular. Instead of remembering it was a show that was was a great phenomenon that slowly died out and ended on a whimper, I could remember it as a great phenomenon that was popular throughout and ended on a bang. Although this would mean we would have lost a lot of great episodes from the later seasons, this would have given the show a much stronger and more satisfying legacy. That being said, these are just my personal issues with the show. I am very glad that many people did enjoy the later seasons as much or even more than the earlier ones, and I wish I did too.

Edited by Lone Traveler
  • Brohoof 3

I joined back during season two and remembered that being a very confusing time, given the momentum the series and Fandom was having.

I'm glad it didn't end there. While there was already a ton of fan made content, some of the best frankly, we would have become nothing more than a weird blip on the internet. I don't think I and a lot of others would be a part of this Fandom today, if there even still was.

l'd have accepted it knowing how syndication works and Hasbro being satisfied enough with toy sales to warrant them to move on to the next thing. Nine seasons as too many given how the quality did start to show signs of decay after six seasons so maybe ending at season six or seven would've sufficed.

• Brohoof 1

I would have been pissed off, as I don't really like the first 3 seasons (too boring for me) and seasons 7, 8, and 9 are my favs.

Personally I'm happy where it ended, it was a good send off for the show.

• Brohoof 1

20 minutes ago, Ocean Breeze said:

seasons 7, 8, and 9 are my favs.

Personally I'm happy where it ended, it was a good send off for the show.

I definitely agree with you dude! Hell, Season 7 is my third favorite season of the show.

I would’ve been fine with it but at the same time, I wouldn’t be much into ponies at all anymore if it weren’t for seasons like 4 and 5. I imagine it would’ve been like what FNAF would’ve been for me if it ended at three games: a nice novelty that I would soon forget about and move on from.

• Brohoof 3

I would've been totally fine with Friendship is Magic ending after season 3.

I've been saying for years that the show should have ended after the fourth season because everyone stayed the same after Twilight earned

her castle so Season 5 and onward felt like they were just making episodes for no reason.

That might be why I disliked "The Last Problem" so much because once the episode ended it was like "That's it?". 

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 2

To be honest, even if they went with the original finale plans when they were planning to end Season 3, I still feel there would've been a lot of loose ends, and when rewatching S1-3 now it's very clear that the characters and writing still had a lot of room to grow that was fulfilled by S4 onwards.

It is kind of hard to say how I would've "felt" considering that if that was the case I wouldn't have the knowledge of how the show ended at Season 9 to compare it to, but at the very least it would've probably been disappointing for it to go so quickly.

• Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, ExpitheCat said:

To be honest, even if they went with the original finale plans when they were planning to end Season 3, I still feel there would've been a lot of loose ends, and when rewatching S1-3 now it's very clear that the characters and writing still had a lot of room to grow that was fulfilled by S4 onwards.

It is kind of hard to say how I would've "felt" considering that if that was the case I wouldn't have the knowledge of how the show ended at Season 9 to compare it to, but at the very least it would've probably been disappointing for it to go so quickly.

Out of curiosity, what were the original finale plans? The only character arcs concluded in Season 3 was Twilight's, and even that was rushed. As much as I love Season 3 and Magical Mystery Cure, it would have been a terrible way to end the show.

• Brohoof 2

I would've been disappointed, but I'll be fine with it. It would've been nice if they had one or two more seasons to conclude its arcs, I think it would've ended a little bit better,

2 hours ago, Lone Traveler said:

Out of curiosity, what were the original finale plans? The only character arcs concluded in Season 3 was Twilight's, and even that was rushed. As much as I love Season 3 and Magical Mystery Cure, it would have been a terrible way to end the show.

IIRC in an interview MA Larson stated that Magical Mystery Cure was originally going to be a 2-parter and as such the plot would have been less rushed and more developed, with Twilight’s conflict in the episode being something that Celestia wasn’t able to solve, ergo making her ascension feel more ‘deserved’, for lack of a better word.

(source: https://www.reddit.com/r/mylittlepony/comments/3crbhn/ma_larson_discusses_the_original_versionscript_of/csycz1l/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf&context=3)

• Brohoof 2

Although the first 3 seasons are my favourite, there are lots of great episodes and characters in later seasons. I don't think I'd be into the fandom nearly as much without the later seasons, but I'd still enjoy the show regardless.