Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you date your gender-swapped self?

Doctor XFizzle

461 users have voted

1. 1. Would you date your gender-swapped self?

• Yes, completely identical, just the opposite sex
    • Yes, but with a few altered personality traits
    • No
    • I haven't got a clue (...winter wrap-up! winter wrap-up! Let's finish our holiday cheer...)

No. Quite simply because it would be impossible. Neither of us would be looking for someone, and neither of us would be confident enough to do anything anyway. Besides, the similarities would most likely end up seeming creepy.

There's plenty of people out there. Why should I have to settle for myself?  :lol:

No, certainly not. Not only because I couldn't stand to be around myself, but because I don't want a hypothetical partner to agree with literally all of my views and share all of my intrests and do all the things I do. That'd just be boring.

Probably not. First off, the idea itself seems really weird to me so if I knew they were my clone, that would be an immediate turnoff. Second, we'd be too similar; sure, conversations might be sort of nice -- being able to gush over the same things to each other even if it would essentially be thinking out loud -- and the saxophone duets would be really, really nice and I'd finally have someone who I could go to to talk about my problems because they'd totally understand what I'm going through (hopefully) and all the games we could play together... Wow, maybe I would date myself. Still, if we're too alike, it would be too annoying to bear. 

Intersting question.

If I were to meet a opposite of me then I don't really thing it would happen. I'd first have to talk to myself, I generally don't do to well talking to new people in person. But if they are just like me then It would be off the hook yo. Cause they are me, I might be annoyed at always being the exact same as me. I'd give it a go.

I would certainly date myself. And as for what a lot of other people are saying I don't think it would get boring after awhile. I mean if for some reason I was able to clone a rule 63d version of myself then from her very creation the female me would start to think differently. Even beyond the physicality of it since she would be in a different body from mine she would start to experience life differently and become a different person because of it. The only way it could get boring is if you assume you will never grow, if you would always stay the exact same as you are now, which given most of us are fairly young is unlikely

Probably not. Just because that seems to weird to date your clone. I could date a girl if we had a lot in common, though. But when you have a lot of great people in the world why would you have to settle to date yourself?

nah i'm the typical pony noone would ever date XD.. just my girlfriend but maybe because she is mad and we have NOTHING in common.. well escept we are both brony/pegasister, nah i would rather shoot my clone XD

No way man, knowing myself I would just want to date a different person, we would be too similar and I know the problems my genderswaped self would have, so a big no for me, haha.

I don't know,if my gender-swapped me is like me,one of us will end screamimg amd discussin without apparent reason,but for the other sid,i'll love to have someone to talk about the things i like(

MLP per example :P)

so i'll say for now yes

I don't know.. I don't have any problems with myself but I'm not sure if I'd want to date a girl version of me. There would be a LOT of common ground obviously (since she's the girl version of me), but I think different interests and opinions is also important to have. Without that, we wouldn't really learn from each other, and that's a big part of a relationship. I've always been curious to know how I'd look as a girl though. I hope I'd be cute xD

• Brohoof 2

I don't see why not. It sounds like it could be rather fun to get to know myself a bit better... :P

And while topics about what we both share the same stance with could be a bit bland, it would be fairly interesting discussing things we both don't agree with. We could catch each others' logical flaws and improve on our own opinions. Having the same tastes in movies, music and entertainment mediums would be a nice benefit too...

Edited by Celtore

• 2 years later...

Yes...

As long as they aren't always thinking the same thing as me, that'd be really weird o_0

I think having so many commonalities would outweigh the lack of differences :P