Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you date your gender-swapped self?

Doctor XFizzle

461 users have voted

1. 1. Would you date your gender-swapped self?

• Yes, completely identical, just the opposite sex
    • Yes, but with a few altered personality traits
    • No
    • I haven't got a clue (...winter wrap-up! winter wrap-up! Let's finish our holiday cheer...)

No no way. That would be too boring for myself. I'd rather have difference and mystery, that's more fun for me. Getting to know the person, because you don't know who they are. Dating anther me just with anther gender would be boring to me because I'd know everything about the person, only difference is their gender.

If they had anther personality then they wouldn't be me.

• Brohoof 1

Possibly not, since I would see them more as a close friend or a sibling than someone I see myself dating. Besides, I already have a special someone and I even then I still wouldn't date my other self.

I would totally date myself, as long as their are a few tweaks to "my" personality. I would annoy the heck out of me. We would probably hate each other. I would hate other me's personality if it was the same. Other people wouldn't, but I would.  :adorkable:

(edited)

Heck no. I am a very disgusting human being (maybe not in the way of appeal, although that's also something to consider). I would probably despise her immediately the moment i see her.

Not to mention i prefer keeping my interests to myself. I'm more likely to strangle a double of mine then to date one.

Edited by Tarnish

Funny how you ask that because before I was in a relationship I had fantasies of me in a relationship with a gender swapped me and my male version of myself was hot.

...I was a very lonely person ok!

• Brohoof 1

Not a chance. They'd be a massive weirdo, boring, and indecisive. There is more than just that, but there are too many things I do not like about myself.

• Brohoof 1

I would marry my gender swapped self.....because, in a way, I think that's who I've been searching for my whole life.  That probably makes me sound like a narcissist, which isn't the case.

Also, I really wanted to vote "haven't got a clue" just for the clever winter wrap up thing.

Honestly.... Probably not. The reason however isn't that the conversations would be too boring due to liking similar things because I can already have 3-way conversations with myself and that it'd be very unlikely that we'd have the same train of thought at the same time. No the reason is because extreme pessimism and self loathing along with the ever present introversion. I don't see two people like that getting along very well especially if they're almost exactly the same person only with a different ... "body type".

That could just be the pessimism talking because after all. Misery loves company..... or however that saying goes.

Probably not date, but in the instance of it being an exact clone, same personality and all, then there would definitely be some FWB thing going on. Mostly it would be nice to have a drinking buddy who could keep up with me.

Also, one unfortunate circumstance for those who would choose to date themselves. This gender swapped clone would look like a twin brother/sister, and people will think that that's whats going down. No thanks.

• Brohoof 1

No, for one, she would be female and I'm not sexually attracted to women.  I'd also want to date someone that isn't identical to me, I'd want to date someone that has differences to me so I can have the ability to discover things that I might not have always known about.  I'd like to experience new things with my SO and if the person I was dating was too identical to me, we might never explore new things.  You never know though?

I already have a hard time liking myself and being as kind as I hope to be, I just don't think I'd be the best romantic partner or special friend or whatever.  However, befriending a guy who was me would be awesome though, we could work together on stuff.

Absolutely not. I'm especially not fond of the idea of dating guys and the guy looking like me would be even worse. It would get really boring too if I already knew everything about him. And for last but not least, I don't even like myself.  :orly: