Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you date your gender-swapped self?

Doctor XFizzle

461 users have voted

1. 1. Would you date your gender-swapped self?

• Yes, completely identical, just the opposite sex
    • Yes, but with a few altered personality traits
    • No
    • I haven't got a clue (...winter wrap-up! winter wrap-up! Let's finish our holiday cheer...)

My best friend is my gender swapped self.  We had an awesome time for 5 years but then I had to move but we still drive to visit each other all the time and text every day.  We didn't "date."  We fooled around, yeah, and we also fight alot but we can't stay mad for more than like 5 min and we laugh at the same stuff but sometimes we get bored.  We'd be a terrible married couple, but we're awesome friends.  So... sex, share everything, laugh, fight and cry?  Yes.  Live together or get married?  Nooooooooooo....

Hell yes! If I had another one of myself, the musical and scientific achievements we could attain would be mindblowing. Another pair of hands with a similar mind working with me would be immensely helpful... and a lady with my tastes, in all senses, would be very nice to have around. I would have to insist on somehow making her genes different enough from my own to make it not too creepy... probably set some arbitrary percentage of difference and keep as much the same as possible.

I would be sexy as buck, but if i think of what i will look like as a male it wouldn't be my type. I already have a special somepony in mind, so maybe, it depends on. I mean, i like creative guys, and i am kinda creative so i guess i would become good friends. meh, idek

• 7 months later...

Absolutely not.
It's been made painfully clear to me in my past relationships how difficult, if not outright impossible I can be at times, and impossible people and relationships don't go well together.
Even if my rule63 version was drop dead gorgeous, I still wouldn't date me.

Eh, why not? We could do anything we want together, like gaming with each other, poking each other for no reason, awkwardly kiss without making fun of each other, and other stuff. A few differences would be cool, too. Dating her would be so much fun! :3

If dating doesn't work, then being best friends would be cool as well.

Edited by Bearsharktopus

No.

1. I'm not usually romantically attracted to females.

2. I would date a clone of myself, actually, as is (same gender, etc.). Not out of narcissism but because I find myself fairly attractive.

Edited by Twilight Sniper

Would I date me gender-swapped self...

I really don't know what my gender-swapped self would be like. She certainly wouldn't be exactly the same as me, but if she were kind and generous with a with a fairly nice amount of friendly, then I might give it a shot. If she had the exact same personality of me, she would easily be a great friend. But could a greater relationship emerge from that friendship? I haven't a clue.

By the way, Where is the "I Haven't a clue" button up there?

Ironically, this post I made nearly 2 years ago was made one week before @, joined the forums. She's been my girlfriend for over half a year now, and honestly I can describe her as being my "Gender-swapped self."

Just as I mentioned 2 years ago, we are not EXACTLY alike, but we are most certainly extremely similar. Our interests are pretty much exact, we dislike a lot of the same things, and most of all we often think of the exact same thing at the exact same time. (Through a process we call "Borging"(Star Trek)) Even as our relationship started, we kept noticing these similarities in our personalities, and have often said silly things like in some past life we were both once the same person.

Well, with all that said, I can easily say that after that lengthy period of time since posting that, Yes, I would most certainly date my gender-swapped self. In fact, I am doing so right now, and there's no once else I'd rather be with. :3

PS: Both of us were born in March, her on the 12th, me on the 22nd. Making us a mere 355 days apart! MARCH BUDDIES WHOON!

Edited by Klopp
  • Brohoof 2

If it was literally me but just me as a girl: then dating myself would be terrible idea and whilst at first I said yes in the thread in a previous version of this post: now I say no.

1)    In the real world two genetically related people like brother and sisters dating isn’t considered for good reasons appropriate behaviour. And with all that in mind I don’t see how dating my girl cloned self would be appropriate

2)    I don’t think I’m attractive

3)    I’d probably not like myself from seeing myself from the outside: I know how my mind works and I might be scared of how my girlself would read me like a book

Many other reasons but there’s three why I wouldn’t

No, too many similiarities would cause lack of things to talk about. Conversations would be like for example

Hey, I like Blind Guardian

Me too!

My favourite song is "Somewhere Far Beyond"!

My too!

Chorus of this song is my favourite part!

My too!

In short: booooriiiing... 

Honestly no, it'd be either boring, or just odd, be like looking in a mirror and just odd.

I wonder if my gender swapped self would want to date me ;p. I don't think anybody so far has, not sure even i would date me ;p. I can be quite annoying.

And as for the bonus question, i have never had a friend draw me as the opposite sex, that would be a bit awkward a request. I also don't know like a bunch of artists, only like one, and i'm not sure she'd do it ;p.

She did draw me once, like regular guy me before.

shes pretty good at drawing, however i don't know how good she'd do trying to draw me female since she'd have to come up with that herself.

So anyways, no i haven't been draw as a female, but in an odd way i'm kinda curious now ;p.

Definitely, I would be pretty hot if I was the opposite gender. Think it would be better if she would have a few different personality traits but that's expected since she would be a clone.

She would also be rather flexible in bed..

Need to find my gender swapped self and marry her right away.